S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Jaguar EPC for download - Merry Belated Xmas!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've seen downloads corrupted through certain routers before in the way they rebuild the packets with archives.

I'm extracting the file now. Those having issues, is your Windows account have admin rights? Without running the program myself yet, that is just a guess (moreso on Win7).
I'll test it with XP-32, Win7 (home and pro), and linux if people are that interested.

uninstall java either that or the java virtual machine, and then see if it works. The software has it's own java version as part of it, so I don't know if conflicting versions may cause a problem.
That shouldn't cause any conflicts, I run multiple JVMs myself for dev purposes.

Wow, this takes a long time to extract.

If anybody cares, I can mirror the file to my server, bandwidth isn't an issue for me. Mirror link

Last edited by phaelax; 03-07-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Alright, a few things to report back.

1. If the program doesn't do anything when you attempt to login, it could be related to your firewall. That happened to me and I didn't know it because the firewall prompt came up on my other monitor which I wasn't looking at.

2. The shortcut links to "JEPC\applications\JEPC\html\JEPCIndex.hta". When running the HTA file, it's really nothing more than an HTML file self-contained in an instantiated IE window. Or at least I believe it solely runs off of IE rather than the system's default browser. You can easily rename the file's extension to HTML and open it in any browser you want and it should run the same, although since it appears to use ActiveX, I wouldn't promise anything in any browser other than IE.
I just tested this and it wouldn't log me in with Opera, FF, or Chrome, only IE6.

3. I'm running the program fine from another location other than C:, but had to make a change to a file.
Navigate to the file JEPC\applications\JEPC\js\Constants.js and open it in Notepad. The first line will say:
var rootFolder = "c:\\epcv3\\EPC\\Data\\Files"

If you place the epcv3 folder and JEPC folder on the root of the C: drive then no problems, but I'd rather both contained elsewhere. I stored both folders in this location: H:\Jaguar\, yours will vary. Change the line above to this:
var rootFolder = "H:\\Jaguar\\epcv3\\EPC\\Data\\Files"
or var rootFolder = "<myRootFolder>\\epcv3\\EPC\\Data\\Files"

Next, either make a new shortcut to the file I mentioned in 2 above or right-click on the existing shortcut, click properties, and change the target path there to the new location of that file.

4. If you have Java installed on your system, you don't need the java folder listed under the JEPC folder. You can delete it and save about 70mb. Mine runs fine without the folder there.

Last edited by phaelax; 03-07-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,

I noticed that this is an older version. I have a MY2003 S-type face lift. Does someone have an newer version for download?
This one is running perfectly on mij Windows Vista.

Ciao William

Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default EPC Question

First thanks for the great resource! I have it installed just fine but for some reason I do not see any diagrams. I am assuming it is because of flash. But I I would document my progress. I shall return!https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i...icon_smash.gif

Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 PM

Yup that was it I had to reload flash

Old 03-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

good to see this download is still being of some benefit, and thank you phaelax for taking the time to explain some shortcuts and workaround for that c: install. I'm off do delete that java folder!

Old 06-11-2011, 05:27 PM

sir how to install that on Mac book..?

Old 06-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Work's great on windows 7 64bit....
Im sure it will help any body that is looking for parts that doesn't live any where near a jag dealer... like myself... closest dealer is 320 miles away!..
thank you George for the find...
it will make getting the right parts on the first phone call possible...

Old 07-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Downloading now, Thanks!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome! This should be a sticky!

Thanks and I now know that the part I need is called the "Demister Panel" and it cost $633 from the dealership as per this program. I guess that will have to wait until I find a used one.....

Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

It's not the JEPC program. It's something in your Windows.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Installed fine, but when trying to log in get the main screen, type the info and it just sits there doing nothing. Running windows 7 ultimate. Think the issue is with Firefox. Will load it onto a machine that uses IE. Curious if anyone else running win 7 is getting it to work with Fire Fox.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Default JEPC has no diagrams

Hello,
I installed JEPC on windows 7 (32bit) and it starts up and I can log in but there are no diagrams present. I don't know if the browsers are important, but I am using Mozilla firefox and I have installed adobe flash and shockwave flash, but still can't get the diagrams.

Does the default browser matter?

thanks,
Larry

Old 10-26-2011, 04:13 PM

Ok here I go reviving an old but very valuable thread. Posting one observation and posting one question.

1. Observation: I tried downloading the file like 5 times last night both from the main link and the mirror link. Each time it downloaded everything but when finalizing the download it would "interrupt". I was using Chrome. I tried it again with Internet Explorer and it worked. But the finalizing process takes forever. Also, when uncompressing it with WinRar it takes forever, but be patient and it will finish. Hope this helps if anybody has similar problems.

2. Question: I log in, I can run through all the menu selections, I installed Flash and now I can see all the images, etc. But when I try to do a simple "search" for anything I get a message stating "A Connection To The Internet Could Not Be Established". I understand we're not gonna have up to date prices and all but I am trying to do a local search and it's not letting me. This is a problem because I don't know what subdirectory the parts I am looking for would be listed under. Making a search my only way to attempt to find it. My use of this program is basically looking for diagrams and part numbers. Has anybody else had this issue and did you find a way to fix it so you can use the search feature?

P.S. I am running from a Clean Virtual Machine version of Windows XP. With internet access.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

You're a newbie and haven't followed the newbie instructions.

Welcome.... but you must. (Helps keep the spammers out.)

Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I have downloaded and installed ok but when I try a part number search, It says cannot establish an internet connection. Installed on XP and Viista but same each time. Help if you can please!

Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 AM

^^^ That was the same question I had but haven't received any responses. <shrug>

Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

So I followed all the download directions, but I only get text, no graphics. Is there a particular active X control that needs to be turned on or something? OK so now I see that there is something like Flash that may need to be installed. I will search a bit further.
OK so installing Flash didn't help [says the player on the machine is up to date]. Any ideas?

cheers,

TonyL

Last edited by tonyu47; 03-03-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by tonyu47
So I followed all the download directions, but I only get text, no graphics. Is there a particular active X control that needs to be turned on or something? OK so now I see that there is something like Flash that may need to be installed. I will search a bit further.
OK so installing Flash didn't help [says the player on the machine is up to date]. Any ideas?

cheers,

TonyL
I had that same problem and the easiest work around I found was to install the program on Windows XP. For this you will need to install the following Download Windows XP Mode It is very simple and it is from Microsoft (link is to the MS web site). Once you run the Virtual PC with XP you will have to run the install program again inside the Virtual XP. The only reason I have that Virtual Machine installed is for when I need to use this program, nothing else. I'm sure there might be other work arounds but I don't know what they are.

Quick Reply: Full Jaguar EPC for download - Merry Belated Xmas!