Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   How can I install bluetooth for stream music in my Jaguar Stype 2008 ? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/how-can-i-install-bluetooth-stream-music-my-jaguar-stype-2008-a-94724/)

imeshmash 05-03-2013 10:07 AM

How can I install bluetooth for stream music in my Jaguar Stype 2008 ?

2 Attachment(s)
Hello ..

I want to ask you about how can I install bluetooth for stream music in my Jaguar Stype 2008 ?

and is there screens for it that do not make the design bad?

My interior looks like this

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1367593667

I want it to be like this ?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1367593667

How much it will cost me? and dose this screen has Bluetooth for music? also which website do you recommend ?

JOsworth 05-03-2013 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You would be much better off doing this:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1367599288

Any good stereo installation shop will be able to get the dash kit and wire up the aftermarket stereo.

You'll have enough $$ left over to install rear video screens by not converting the car over to the factory navigation system...that doesn't stream via bluetooth either...

quicksilvercreature 09-15-2013 03:12 PM

I Want to upgrade dash

I currently have the stock set up in my 08 stype with the nav. But I want to install a after market screen with stereo bluetooth. Which would you reccomend? keeping in mind that the stock screen also controls the AC and a couple other things. Id also like to be able to use the steering wheel controls as well

Bad Cattitude 09-15-2013 08:17 PM

Any Android phone navi > stock Jag navi

clubairth1 09-16-2013 08:56 AM

If you want to upgrade to aftermarket you need to start with a car that does not have factory navigation.

The original poster's car is an ideal starting point and I would not screw around with any factory Jaguar stuff. Things have just moved on and the factory stuff is out of date and very expensive.

If you have factory navigation use an add on Bluetooth dongle of some sort there are a lot of options out there. Not great but it will work.

quicksilvercreature 10-25-2013 01:08 PM

Are you saying its impossible to upgrade to an after market nav? if so whats the main problem I'd run into. Im willing to do whatever it takes to upgrade my baby lol

JagV8 10-25-2013 02:00 PM

Possible, but painful / not cheap if you want it integrated.

phaelax 10-25-2013 02:30 PM

Since you don't have the jag (Alpine) navigation, I'm guessing that means no premium sound system. If I recall, it's much easier to replace that with an aftermarket stereo because it's not using those special wires(were they fiber optic?) to connect to the alpine amp.

There was a guy here a few years back that redid his entire stereo setup, so yea anything is possible. If you can, I'd go aftermarket. The stock gps kinda sucks and the ACM (if you can even find one now) costs a fortune.

tbird6 10-25-2013 03:40 PM

If you have factory navigation. No you can't upgrade to aftermarket navigation.

The problem is the heat/A/C is integrated into the head unit and no aftermarket units can control the Jaguar climate control system.

Staatsof 10-26-2013 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by quicksilvercreature (Post 840746)
Are you saying its impossible to upgrade to an after market nav? if so whats the main problem I'd run into. Im willing to do whatever it takes to upgrade my baby lol

Just don't. The head unit is fiber and there is an ACM module that allows you to use "some" alternative audio option but they're plugin with a cable. Parrot probably has a handsfree system that will also let you stream bluetooth but it tacks onto your speakers and bypasses the audio system. I looked into using on of those with Jag's ACM once and decided it was bridge too far. I have a Garmin portable GPS now and that does the phone stuff sort of OK but it's not integrated.

There are a ton of threads about this on here so try searching more about it.

A car WO the stock NAV is the easiest to work with.

msljag 10-27-2013 10:14 PM

I have the stock radio (just like the OP's) in my newly acquired 2006 S-Type and after reading a bit around this place have opted for an aftermarket double DIN replacement since I have no BT connectivity.

Have ordered the wiring adapters and a universal steering wheel control adapter (hope that works), a Metra faceplate, and a nice Kenwood head unit from Amazon at a very good price. Total cost for parts was under $300, hope this all works out.

tbird6 10-28-2013 01:27 PM

Those double DIN units can look real good when installed properly.

Please come back and post pictures of your install!

msljag 11-07-2013 10:38 PM

Started an install on mine tonight after getting all the parts in the mail. I ended up going with a JVC double DIN basic stereo with Bluetooth instead of a head unit with touchscreen. I'm old school - and don't see myself watching movies in the car, and will use nav on my phone.

The steering wheel controls work OK with a universal controller. So far, so good... it sounds much better than the stock radio but it's not buttoned up yet.

I also want to snake the rear USB cable from the back of the stereo down to the center console for a USB hard drive connection... not much luck at that yet. I'll post pics when done.

Vehlin 11-08-2013 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by tbird6 (Post 840853)
If you have factory navigation. No you can't upgrade to aftermarket navigation.

The problem is the heat/A/C is integrated into the head unit and no aftermarket units can control the Jaguar climate control system.

That's not actually correct.

You can upgrade a non-nav system to a nav by removing the OEM climate module and phone/keypad module and replacing it with the touchscreen nav unit. You can also do the reverse, easiest is to find someone that wants to upgrade their non-nav car to a nav and swap your bits for theirs. Then, once you've put the non-nav climate control system into yours you can upgrade the stereo to an integrated nav/bluetooth/music solution.

tbird6 11-08-2013 02:12 PM

That's changing the entire system over to factory non-navigation system first and then upgrading that.

So you want to throw away all the factory navigation stuff. Then install all the factory non-navigation stuff then throw most of that out and install an aftermarket head unit in it.

Well it's your money!

So yes if you want to do two complete and separate swap outs. I live in the real world and the answer remains No you can't!

Get real!

Staatsof 11-09-2013 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Vehlin (Post 850640)
That's not actually correct.

You can upgrade a non-nav system to a nav by removing the OEM climate module and phone/keypad module and replacing it with the touchscreen nav unit. You can also do the reverse, easiest is to find someone that wants to upgrade their non-nav car to a nav and swap your bits for theirs. Then, once you've put the non-nav climate control system into yours you can upgrade the stereo to an integrated nav/bluetooth/music solution.

You do realize that the factory nav based cars use fiber optic to link the all the systems to and from the trunk whereas the factory non nav based cars used standard wiring right?

The factory ACM accessory provides some limited access to that fiber optic based audio system.

If you want to rip apart the entire car and replace a lot of parts which might not even be able to find then yes I guess it could be done. Just buying a different car such as msljag's would be far more sensible in my view. Looks like he's going to have a nice setup.

quicksilvercreature 11-09-2013 04:30 AM

Looks like I'll just sell the car to get a non-nav version with similar specs. thanks for the eye-opening guys!

msljag 11-09-2013 01:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of mine... not the best photo, but will post more when I build my garage here. Still playing with color matching the display.

Sound quality using BT off the phone brought the speakers to life! I was thinking I might need to upgrade the speakers, not anymore.

Staatsof 11-10-2013 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by quicksilvercreature (Post 851338)
Looks like I'll just sell the car to get a non-nav version with similar specs. thanks for the eye-opening guys!

Does it have to be a bluetooth interface?

If you don't like the onboard nav I understand. I bought a Garmin this year and yes it has some neat features like "sort of working with one's phone", plenty of flaws there though.

It told me twice the other day to go the wrong way on a one way street in NYC and the traffic diversion feature while in NYC can't possibly compete with the human eyes & brain.

Gimmicky.

I find it hard to operate and drive even with the voice command except for "Go Home". BFD I know how to go home.

Having it on the windshield and constantly storing is also a pain.

But ... we took it on a big road trip to Montana and it was useful there except when it couldn't find Yellowstone National Park????? You really need another person just to operate the thing on a trip. No grizzly bears ahead warning either! POS! :icon_tongue:

The screen on the Garmin is small.

A new built in one with a large screen would be much better than the Garmin portable due to it's size but then it's stuck in that car.

If you want a better music interface what about the Jaguar ACM and your Iphone/Ipod? Yeah it's plug in but $300 is a lot less than a car exchange.

It also will access a via USB a memory stick or RCA aux-in which is what I'm doing to a MP3 player not an Ipod.

I have a portable simple bluetooth Parrot for my phone. It's OK ... better than the Garmin implementation at least.

Super slick by today's standards no. Total was about $360 for everything.

Parrot has much more elaborate systems that mighta sorta be able to work with those aux-in jacks on the Jaguar ACM and give you a more automated and integrated phone-car experience including bluetooth streaming.

I just decided to keep it simpler.

Good luck.

rickyrich007 11-11-2013 12:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 62210

Attachment 62210

I did change CD player and amp sounds good and got sd card slot and BT on mine not a lot of work.