Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hudly Heads Up window display device comments

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 01:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hudly Heads Up window display device comments

Hello!
Aside from a comment on how a method for pairing a Samsung to my 2005 S type does work; this is my first question!

Without getting into details, I am older than dirt and have had the Cataract surgery and have perfect vision except for when I am driving during the day and need to see.......the clock! ( and other codes which may appear).

For these old eyes, the clock is just not viewable on the dash device....the black digits on silver background or in the little display, again black digits on silver on the classic display on the panel.

I've visited about what to do with various local audio vendors and my garage and came to the conclusion that I would NOT change the classic panel out for a new digital display because I don't want to change "the character of the cabin" and would just keep a stiff upper lip!

Yes, I could include a stick on colored display clock someplace but well.....ummm....no.

But......then today I saw an advert for the Hudly on my phone went to the site.

it offers two versions:
A) a "clear plastic" device that can be put on the dash to view certain information and

B) another version that lays on the dash and is reflected on the inner side of the windshield glass.

It pairs with an Android and an Iphone.

Aaandd.....It just looks SO JAMES BOND!! lol

The device offers the ideal situation of having what I, personally, want...---basically the clock and when traveling the maps and also keeping the classic panel display.

And, now that I have paired my phone with the car I think it would offer a very useful display of the phone maps. Especially since the classic panel will, apparently, only provide maps from a "cd".

So, I proffer a simple question; has anyone had experience with the hardwired or bluetooth version of the device?

I won't post a link, but one can very simply just search for "Hudly".

But , at the risk of repeating myself.....the point is that this device does, FOR THIS WRITER....indeed, seem to offer the best of many situations. It "should" work with the older models, it does not require any kind of extensive change to the cabin, one version plugs into the cigarette lighter and another that hard wires so that one can keep the stock style and it is transferrable to another vehicle... just sayin...

Even If noone has experience, I will almost certainly be purchasing one of the devices in the next few days and will report back on the experience and possibly others might consider it and a thread might be started for people driving the older models.

Or not!

james S....not S, James S..... lol ....vodka martini shaken not stirred.....but it does look very cool!

Old 08-23-2018, 06:00 PM
Received 159 Likes on 100 Posts

How did it workout?