Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   need help (trouble codes) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/need-help-trouble-codes-5607/)

looneytunes 04-19-2008 12:18 AM

need help (trouble codes)

hi everyone im new here. i have a 2000 s type 3.0 ireplaced all my coil packs since three of themshowed missfire,andthe o2 sensors.nowscanner showes p0353 ignition coil c primary/secondary circuit,and i dont know what ignition coil c is at least the missfires told me what cylinder it was,and ap0420 and p0430 catalist system efficiency below threshold bank 1 and 2. im not sure where to go from here.

FactoryJaguarTech 04-19-2008 10:01 AM

RE: need help (trouble codes)

The code is for coil 3. Would list as p0351 thru p0358 the last digit representing the coil. Likely not making good connection ie not plugged in.

The p0420 and 30 codes are for the cat and you probe my need both cats. Emissions warranty is 8 years 80k

jag_genius 04-19-2008 10:13 AM

if it's V6 the engine harnessgets cut onthe back of the engine on a black bracket..behind intake .. remove it and throw it out. and fix the wires ..
when this cuts it shorts the coils to ground giving you codes for ignition coils primary and secondary ..and naming them A to F and this can give you codes relating to cat effieciency codes.. due to the misfireing caused by the cut wires..

looneytunes 04-20-2008 08:40 PM

follow up to original problem.i took the black wireharness cover apart on the back of intake. i dont see any crimpt or cut wires. i unpluged coil pack 3 checked plug and wires looks good with coil unpluged motor runs bad with pluged in it runs good. i erased codes and the same code came back.p0353 ignition coil c primary/secondary circuit.not showing any missfire.

FactoryJaguarTech 04-20-2008 10:08 PM

You need to hook up a meter to the coil and record readings on the 12volt circuit. See if it is losing signal

cly 07-04-2019 04:11 AM

this is an old thread but guys who have been writing here please tell how it was solved!
maybe I have the same problem...

clubairth1 07-04-2019 08:48 AM

Well that's one of the problems with the internet. The guy only posted a few times. We help but no feed back and now we have a 10 year old dead thread.
I think you would be better off starting a new thread with as many details as possible.

JagV8 07-04-2019 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by cly (Post 2093927)
this is an old thread but guys who have been writing here please tell how it was solved!
maybe I have the same problem...

If you have an X-Type please use the right forum!!

cly 07-05-2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by clubairth1 (Post 2094004)
Well that's one of the problems with the internet. The guy only posted a few times. We help but no feed back and now we have a 10 year old dead thread.
I think you would be better off starting a new thread with as many details as possible.

thanks for reply!
already done: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ot-ecu-219589/

cly 07-05-2019 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by JagV8 (Post 2094060)
If you have an X-Type please use the right forum!!

Thanks for reply!
I am using already XType forum with my problem.

But I dont think that problems always related to exactly one type of a car.
It can be common between same manufacturer, like capacitor leaking in ECU.
I was searching all Jag forums and there are a lots of common solutions.
Thatswhy I was asking here because this problem looks much alike I have.
Sorry if that was disturbing.

S

JagV8 07-05-2019 02:45 PM

Stick to the X-Type forum, for the S-Type is a very very different car. There are NOT lots of common solutions between the two and for the few there are they are covered very well in each forum.

Last thing needed is endless wrong-car posts!