Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   O2 sensors (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/o2-sensors-219789/)

Darrol2004 06-29-2019 03:00 AM

O2 sensors

Hello
Would anyone know what o2 sensors I would need for a 2003/2004 jaguar s type 4.2 v8
Also could some one please tell me where the best website is to look up jaguar parts
I am used to bmws so I know for them I have realome site
You just put in your vin number and it brings up everything for your car from engine to paint
But jaguar are completely new to me so still learning
Thanking you Darrol

JagV8 06-29-2019 05:34 AM

Up & down streams are different. Do not get the wrong kind!

Ups are wideband aka linear; downs are the older kind.

I think OE are denso.

Forum sponsors have them, of course.

Then there's the question: why are you asking?

kr98664 06-29-2019 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Darrol2004 (Post 2091641)
Hello
Also could some one please tell me where the best website is to look up jaguar parts

Where are you located? You'd want to avoid international shipping hassles whenever possible, so your location will be a big help.

For OEM parts, Jagbits and SNG Barrat come highly recommended. If using the forum's mobile version, switch to desktop and you will see their ads on nearly all pages.

I have also had good results searching on RockAuto. They have a very good search feature, and the results show many aftermarket brands. Horrible person that I am, I've taken those numbers and searched eBay and Amazon to see if they have a lower price when you factor in shipping.

Darrol2004 06-29-2019 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by kr98664 (Post 2091738)
Where are you located? You'd want to avoid international shipping hassles whenever possible, so your location will be a big help.

For OEM parts, Jagbits and SNG Barrat come highly recommended. If using the forum's mobile version, switch to desktop and you will see their ads on nearly all pages.

I have also had good results searching on RockAuto. They have a very good search feature, and the results show many aftermarket brands. Horrible person that I am, I've taken those numbers and searched eBay and Amazon to see if they have a lower price when you factor in shipping.

Hi i live in new Zealand
So international shipping has always been the best and cheapest way
For example I have just done a transmission filter change
To purchase a zf filter in new Zealand was $500.00
Imported from the United States with shipping was $250.00
It has always been the way over here in new Zealand
Auto parts shops and auto wreckers just rip you off

R2e 06-30-2019 02:11 AM

Don't buy the cheap ones from ebay, it's worth the extra to get them from reputable people like SNG Barratt. Don't ask me how I know this.......

Catmobile 07-08-2019 05:11 PM

You can buy them off Ebay or anywhere, just make sure that you buy Denso O2 sensors. I think that you can look the part# up on Denso's site too. The sensors closer to the engine are important for how the car runs. The ones further from the engine are to monitor if the catalytic convertor is working properly.

Datsports 07-09-2019 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Darrol2004 (Post 2091880)
Hi i live in new Zealand
So international shipping has always been the best and cheapest way
For example I have just done a transmission filter change
To purchase a zf filter in new Zealand was $500.00
Imported from the United States with shipping was $250.00
It has always been the way over here in new Zealand
Auto parts shops and auto wreckers just rip you off

i use JAGBITS or ebay .
surprisingly some times. large parts like plastic undertray's/bellypan's
even some small plastic bracketry are cheaper here in NZ .so its worth checking around .

i know what you mean , its not just car parts ether.