Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   personalized plate (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/personalized-plate-51791/)

achysklic 03-21-2011 06:56 PM

personalized plate

1 Attachment(s)
Before anyone laughs to hard this is my wifes car.. She has a personalized plate that has a kitten peaking around a corner and says JAGWAH.

Is my wife the only one that has jaguar related plates? lol
Attachment 173386

joycesjag 03-21-2011 08:33 PM

Joyce thinks with the kitty on the plate "purrr" would be cute too!

Must be a woman thingy.

joycesjag 03-21-2011 08:38 PM

I think one of the "R boys" should have "1BADPSSY" now that is a Jag plate for ya', hope the wifeys aren't looking! :icon_couchhide:

vance580 03-21-2011 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 324380)
I think one of the "R boys" should have "1BADPSSY" now that is a Jag plate for ya', hope the wifeys aren't looking! :icon_couchhide:

Thats a good one. I just checked and its available in NC. I wonder if the DMV would notice if I ordered it. :icon_razz:

joycesjag 03-21-2011 10:04 PM

1badpcy?

1badpccy?

Forum won't allow caps on these two...hmmmm

totalimmortal363 03-21-2011 10:44 PM

btrtnurs? (Better than yours)

That would be funny to me

androulakis 03-22-2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 324380)

LOL! Jersey limits you to 7 characters so how about PUSYPWR?

I've got an idea in the back of my head if I grab an R...

Take care,

George

ChrisSTR 03-22-2011 07:03 PM

In New York virtually every good combination has been thought of. I spent hours trying to nail mine down. I tried every variation of SHAGUAR.... shagwar shag war etc etc... then I tried JAGGINOFF JAG OFF JAGINOFF etc etc...

Finally made it a choice between STR4U2NV (still available) and my current plate. Well based on some bad experiences I chose..

https://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL64.../395605806.jpg

androulakis 03-22-2011 07:06 PM

:icon_shrug:

Originally Posted by ChrisSTR (Post 324806)
In New York virtually every good combination has been thought of. I spent hours trying to nail mine down. I tried every variation of SHAGUAR.... shagwar shag war etc etc... then I tried JAGGINOFF JAG OFF JAGINOFF etc etc...

Finally made it a choice between STR4U2NV (still available) and my current plate. Well based on some bad experiences I chose..

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL64/.../395605806.jpg

You better hope the only BMW's you run across are fake M's with that tag LOL!

BTW, why in god's name did you guys go to those ugly plates? I know Jersey took the statue of liberty from you guys so you had to get the blue and white ones but I see these daily and can't help think Who thought that looked good? Someone's a Mets fan in Albany... :icon_shrug:

Take care,

George

ChrisSTR 03-22-2011 07:17 PM

George,

These new plates were created for one reason only. LASER SPEED ENFORCEMENT. The high reflectivity of these plates makes it a sinch for state and local police to nail you with laser coming or going. Police are trained to aim for the plate... (then headlight if they can't get a lock on the plate) The old plates did not come with the glossy finish of these newer style ones, and most are old and dulled.

And about the BMW's. These little low torque M3's have already tasted a death or two over the last year. You'll be surprised at how I've solved my tailgaiting issue with this plate.

androulakis 03-22-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisSTR (Post 324816)
George,

These new plates were created for one reason only. LASER SPEED ENFORCEMENT. The high reflectivity of these plates makes it a sinch for state and local police to nail you with laser coming or going. Police are trained to aim for the plate... (then headlight if they can't get a lock on the plate) The old plates did not come with the glossy finish of these newer style ones, and most are old and dulled.

And about the BMW's. These little low torque M3's have already tasted a death or two over the last year. You'll be surprised at how I've solved my tailgaiting issue with this plate.

E36 or E46 sure... E90... Not so much.

My brother drives an E39 540i that has the full m5 pack on it, and a GM 5.3LS truck motor with a single turbo... and a 4L60e trans. It's surprised quite a few people off the line who think it's a 528 with a body kit. We thought about getting the plate "MPOSIN" as sort of a double entendre for it, but then decided we didn't want to draw that much attention to it. Where in the city are you anyway?

Take care,

George

GoKittyGo 03-23-2011 04:39 AM

Not nearly as cool as "1bdpssy" but my "GoKtyGo" tag should be here in a couple weeks.
And I'm trying to figure out how the cranky kid with the awful 20's in another thread got J4GOFF through state dmv. :)

Staatsof 03-23-2011 07:49 AM

I've always wanted to do personalized plates but every time I get close to doing one I begin to think about how easy they are to spot/remember or in the case of that DUSTABMW I don't want to troll for the types I'd prefer to avoid.

They're not exactly stealth equipment.

androulakis 03-23-2011 08:10 AM

My favorite personalize plate, albeit not Jaguar related was on a friends 911 Turbo. "DIAL911" For some reason people were amazed that he got that through DMV.

Sadly, as he entered his mid 30's he traded the 911 in on an wife, a couple kids and a tahoe... :icon_bricks:.

Take Care,

George

Bodyman 03-23-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Staatsof (Post 325013)
I've always wanted to do personalized plates but every time I get close to doing one I begin to think about how easy they are to spot/remember or in the case of that DUSTABMW I don't want to troll for the types I'd prefer to avoid.

They're not exactly stealth equipment.

That's been my feeling. Not to kool if you happen to be somewhere you would rather not be known. Of course, around here, showing up in a Jaguar is gonna get you noticed anyway.:icon_wink:

enginefxr 03-23-2011 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is mine:

TheTransporter 03-23-2011 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love my Euro plate... but 1BADPUSSY would be cool..... hmmmm
Attachment 173351

Enthusiast 03-23-2011 11:30 AM

I had the best one in California. MNGEMOI hehehehehe......

Staatsof 03-23-2011 12:06 PM

You'll have to decode it for me ...

androulakis 03-23-2011 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought this was cute:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...1&d=1300901001

Take care,

George