Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please confirm location of these parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Please confirm location of these parts

Hi all,

Finishing up on my jag project S 2000 and have two parts need to confirm loaction. Here is pic of both parts. The small gasket I think goes on the exhaust manifold on the pic with text "Goes Here?" but the other the C2S51409 I am just not sure. Here is pic of engine if someone can just point it out. Want to complete it today so any response appreciated. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Please confirm location of these parts-gasket-location.jpg   Please confirm location of these parts-engine.jpg   Please confirm location of these parts-confirm-where.jpg  
Old 04-15-2010, 02:01 PM
Default pic of needed

Here is a pic I found on web showing the different hoses and things needed. its Number 8 I think and that I need to know where it goes. Thanks.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tubes for Jag.pdf (70.8 KB, 213 views)
Old 04-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

The part # C2S51409 is your PCV Valve. Do you have JTIS or alldatadiy? That should tell you where it belongs.

Maybe someone here with JTIS will look it up for you. I cannot simply because I use alldata and it is model year specific. On a 2005, PCV Valve = Non Applicable

Old 04-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

8 goes into 6, and 6 and 7 were to be changed as well. The large gasket is for the throttle body to intake, and yes that hose goes there......

Old 04-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Veteran Member

There ya' have it Mike!

Brutal once again... You Da' Man!!!

Old 04-15-2010, 03:07 PM

Thanks for the help!!!! Ok just took a look at that picture of the various hoses and where they should go in. Now really confused in that is this part, #8, going to be in the location of where the L hose that should be replaced under the lower manifold? That is the only place I think it could go. (My dad would say right now your thinking to much) or better yet Curly from the Three Stooges would say, "I'm trying to think but nothings happening!" Also took the part off the upper manifold where the gasket goes and examining the insides, they look like they could really use a cleaning. Especially where some of the hoses go. A friend told me to use carbarator cleaner and that should do it and make sure it drys before installing. Thanks very much for any help.

Attached Thumbnails Please confirm location of these parts-how-clean.jpg  

Last edited by Amadauss; 04-15-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: new finding
Old 04-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Do you have JTIS or alldatadiy? If not, please get at least JTIS immediately if not sooner.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:44 PM

Have JTIS but not a very user friendly program. Most of the help I have received from the members of the site. Not easy but getting everything completed. Have posted a great deal of pics showing progress. Will open Jtis and do some research but any other response would be welcome.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Veteran Member

Didn't you take it apart? If so, why can't you put it back together? The thing is, you can't count on help especially from the few techs.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:20 PM

Sorry for asking so many questions. I did take it apart and took the L hose out after taking off the lower manifold but just that L hose. Did not see the other part, #8 I am now referencing while there, so not sure of exactly where it is, thus the question. So this is why I am not sure where it is. Did not want to be a bother here. I'll do some searching and try to find the answer elsewhere. Sorry.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:44 PM

The bottom end of 9 goes into the top of 8, the bottom of 8 goes into the top of 6, and yes the "l" is under the lower intake, and connects to the tube onthe right side of 4....(dont mess with 4, like thinking you might want to loosen it. You have to just about remove 1 head to replace that gasket, Ive dont it without, it wasnt pretty, and Ill never ever try that again!!!)

Old 04-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member

Mike, you can get throttlebody cleaner at any BIG box auto store. I will warn you though. There seems to be some discussion on "you do it" verses dealer cleanings. You might want to do a search here on that. I personally have cleaned ours once since March 2009 with the big box stuff and I have had no problems.

You also might want to consider an account with www.alldatadiy.com $27.00 for a year and I will tell you its really easy to navigate through.

BTW I don't think you are being any sort of burden with your questions and would hate to see you leave this site.

Like my father always said "There is no such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer".

Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 PM

Thanks Rick for the response. Thank you also Brutal for the help. I see why I could not understand where this part actually went. When I replaced the lower L hose #7, #8 is not really visible or in my case, inside a rubber sleeve as far as I can tell as seen in pic marked 6. Also in the instructions I failed to read when replacing the L hose to replace the one above it and the one above it which would be 9. My mistake. I pulled number 9 out of that rubber hose shown as pic 6 and it was very snug. When I put the bottom of nine into eight as shown in other pic, does not fit snug at all and is loose so if it does go into that pic of 6, it must be a little smaller in length then the rubber casing. The other side of eight looks like pic marked bottom 8 so nothing going into it. 8 has to go into a rubber cover and that has to be it in pic marked 6, correct?

Attached Thumbnails Please confirm location of these parts-my-number-6.jpg   Please confirm location of these parts-number-9-going-into-8.jpg   Please confirm location of these parts-8-bottom.jpg  

Last edited by Amadauss; 04-15-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member

Amadauss- I didn't mean you were a bother but just to be aware that sometimes the techs get real busy so you could wait for a long time for a reply (or not ever get one). You've been really lucky so far.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:03 PM

No problem and appreciate your post. I see they are very busy with all the responses given. And I am willing to wait for the help in most cases except when the wife is "holding out" until her car is completed and then I will beg for help I was more frustrated with I did take it apart and never saw that part and then second guessing why. Being a senior member, I would have probably asked the same question of someone else posting. I was more frustrated the dealer parts guy did not tell me more about the part. I think it goes into that hose cover and if so, will ask him why he did not sell me that part also or suggest it. Anyway sorry for responding like a baby and seeming like I'm taking my toys and going home....

Old 04-16-2010, 02:05 PM

The part is the pcv valve, it twists into the cam cover. #8 is not the pcv valve, thats why what youre doing doesnt fit. #8 is nothing more than a plastic adapter nipple that adapts the rubber hose of #9 to the rubber end of #6.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member

Actually, as long as Brutal's helping... you're gonna be fine

Old 04-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts

I've stayed out of this since I really have no experience taking any of the stuff apart but felt I had to add just this.....

Rick and BRUTAL.....This is what makes this forum great...You guys helping this other user get back in the "good graces" of his wife is wonderful...Stick with it Amadauss..you're almost there...

Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member

+1... and post when it's running sweet again

Old 04-16-2010, 03:23 PM

Brutal, thank you very much for getting this straight. I am ready to cry. I thought that PVC valve went inside that black hose in my pic because that is what I was told by the dealer. So after the dealer and tech confirm it goes there, which they were saying was true if you are thinking #8, and not that gray PVC valve, I cut the new looking black hose, #6, I already had in place, and the PVC valve I thought was 8 is not there. I sent them the pic of the gray pvc valve but I am guessing they did not look at it correctly. Here, the dealer put that PVC valve in the wrong bag and labeled it the fastener or Number 8. And the topper is this number 8 was never even on my car as far as I can tell. I never took it off. Can that be? My 9 was going right into my number 6 as far as I could see. So all this confusion because a part was labeled wrong in the bag. I am sorry to all for the confusion and loss of time I caused all here and a very big thanks for staying with me on this and not just saying this guy is nuts. Brutal, I owe you big time and Joycejag and Jagv8 the same, thanks. Will now start to put it all back together. All I need to do is charge the battery (taking the covers off the battery fluid fill ports because I was told to do so while charging) and will get it on the road. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Please confirm location of these parts