Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   smartphone bluetooth connectivity with Jaguar (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/smartphone-bluetooth-connectivity-jaguar-152369/)

sklimii 10-29-2015 05:28 AM

smartphone bluetooth connectivity with Jaguar

Originally Posted by sklimii (Post 1337637)
Thanks to Stuart S for great info below:

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?"[/I]

Here is THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE: Vehicles - Jaguar Click the link and you can search (1) by model and year or (2) you can enter your VIN.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5829/2...dd8f6a8f84.jpg
If this was helpful, please press https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i...ost_thanks.gif at the bottom right.

Stuart

[/QUOTE]

Dudes08 11-02-2015 06:12 AM

There is apparently no information for the 2008 S-type. I entered my vin but the screen just flashed back to the same screen. I tried the vin several times with caps or no caps and the zero as a number or letter but no luck.

CBers 11-02-2015 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dudes08 (Post 1340120)
There is apparently no information for the 2008 S-type. I entered my vin but the screen just flashed back to the same screen. I tried the vin several times with caps or no caps and the zero as a number or letter but no luck.

I wouldn't bother trying, as the phones listed are very old !!

For example, the latest Apple phone on the list, is the iPhone 4 !!

Choptank 11-06-2015 10:31 PM

Really should make no difference. Bluetooth is upward and downward compatible. Whether it is BT from an Android, or iPhone(y) or tablet or whatever should not matter. Making a device discoverable is relatively the same on any device. The only difference could be what the acceptance code might be, and one of the devices should prompt you with a suggested code. If all else fails, try 1111

orlee 11-17-2015 03:22 PM

Samsung Note 4 on S-Type

It seems there is a hardware issue with Samsung Note 4.
It provide a very noisy bluetooth connection on my S-Type.
I sent the Note-4 for check and repair, but the Samsung service seems to be
quite impotent with it.
I replaced the Note-4 with S6 edge, and it work perfect.
Maybe someone else will be able to check on this.

Dudes08 11-18-2015 05:40 AM

2008 S-type and iphone 6

I have an iphone 6 and it appears to be paired with the vehicle, but it doesn't recognize my contacts and won't activate when my phone is called and I can't make an outgoing call.

kosta013 11-18-2015 06:21 AM

Go into Bluetooth on your phone and click "My Devices". If your car and phone have found each other your car will be shown, click on your car then click "Forget this device", then, toggle the Bluetooth OFF and ON again, and then PAIR the phone according to the car Bluetooth/Phone instructions. This solved my problem. I was also able to update my address book easily as per Handbook instructions.

allnlu 01-18-2016 05:26 AM

Well cant say I have had a problem with my Samsung S3 and more recently Samsung J5.

stefanwaggoner 01-28-2016 12:39 AM

I have NAV however you can also use maps and the voice turn by turn will play over the Bluetooth (2008 was the last update for the S type) iPhone 6s+

jeffn 05-09-2016 07:59 PM

Has anyone tried their Samsung Note 4?

Olek1002 03-01-2017 03:39 PM

Hello,
I have S Type R 2002r and I have a problem with connecting the radio and phone. I tried to enter " ##3#*# " on touch pad, but I got a statement "No service".
I had a phone in armrest but I disconnected it.
Give me some advice how to turn on bluetooth, please. How can I check if I had a bluetooth in car?

jeffn 03-19-2017 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found a phone on ebay that connects w/ my '07:

Jsuli 08-30-2017 07:33 PM

Here you go.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...uetooth-26340/

Joedotcom 09-09-2017 04:13 AM

Hi
I have a 2004 S-type R
and it works perfect with my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
if your car has the later all in one phone/bluetooth module it should work with every phone
I assume your sure it has bluetooth, as it was not standard, just because it has the buttons, does not mean it has bluetooth, if you search for bluetooth devices, and jaguar does not come up, odds are it aint got it
but it can be easily fitted
cheers
Joe

Rogozskat 05-28-2018 12:07 AM

iPhone 4 is the latest phone in 2006 s type compatibility

Can we get update from the factory for newer phones? I have a 6s. It will not even try to connect to the audio system or car phone functions. Using a Bluetooth FM receiver but in Phx, Az we have lots of stations and interface.

Staatsof 06-02-2018 08:10 AM

It's quixotic effort at this point. I bought a portable clip on the visor Parrot system which works OK but the battery keeps running down and there's no way to replace it as it too is obsolete. Perhaps a USB power run up near the rear view mirror would help?

You have a 12 year old car that never did do this stuff very well. That Parrot system does work with my wife's iPhone 6.

https://www.parrot.com/us/car-kits/p...arrot-minikit-

Rogozskat 06-04-2018 12:44 AM

Staatsof,

Thank young for the product information. So sore this parrot thing actually hook up to the card audio system and the phone and connect the two? I found an little Bluetooth/FM turner that’s works well and uses the the cigarette lighter. It was cheap and since it uses an FM signal sometimes I have to change the station setting to make it clear sounding. Thanks again!

Staatsof 06-04-2018 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rogozskat (Post 1906982)
Staatsof,

Thank young for the product information. So sore this parrot thing actually hook up to the card audio system and the phone and connect the two? I found an little Bluetooth/FM turner that’s works well and uses the the cigarette lighter. It was cheap and since it uses an FM signal sometimes I have to change the station setting to make it clear sounding. Thanks again!

There was a module you could buy to connect audio to the system stereo if you had the type with the NAV screen. But it's expensive and has zero to do with the phone. If you have the other type of stereo then there's plenty you can do. Not sure if any of them integrate with the phone though.

Otherwise it's the just the kluge solution of an FM transmitter which in the NYC metro area is hopeless.

All I was looking for was a hands free phone system. I did look into their MKi9200 but that system wired directly to your speakers bypassing the car's system and frankly adding yet another screen and controller onto the dash didn't appeal to me.

It's an old car with obsolete audio & phone systems by today's standards.

Ironically the supplier for Jaguar for module I mentioned also was the supplier for Audi and they did provide a solution for those cars but never offered it for the Jag ...

If you're OK with the plug in the lighter solution then look no further. AFAIK there is no solution out there that will mute the audio system when you get a phone call via the car's internal audio system controls and also provide high quality audio.

I do so little in car phone call activity that it's not an issue for me. With
the simple Parrot system I have I just mute the audio if it's on and then verbally accept the call. Verbally calling out pretty much sucks and frankly I think phone conversations in a car are terrible idea hands free or not.

The bigger deal with my system is it's battery operated and that's a total PITA because batteries do not last very long. So not it's plug in device only.

Rogozskat 06-04-2018 11:33 AM

Yeah the FM tuner thing works pretty good for $18! Phoenix is a big city though and it’s hard to find a clear station because of all the Spanish channels here. It’s no big deal to me because I only drive my Jag when I’m not working and don’t need to talk that much on the phone. It’s the music I like through the system mostly. I’ve been spoiled with satellite radio and playlist on my phone to the point that I don’t listen to terrestrial radio anymore, to many commercials! I really appreciate your help and advice. I don’t have the nav system in my car just the LCD display radio with single CD player. Have great day my fellow Jaguar owner!

Jagismybag 09-14-2018 12:52 PM

Aftermarket audio?

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which type and brand of aftermarket in dash multi media would be a good option?