Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   Stage 1 air intake tubes now available. Will fit STRs (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/stage-1-air-intake-tubes-now-available-will-fit-strs-83960/)

caldoofy 11-02-2012 09:34 AM

Stage 1 air intake tubes now available. Will fit STRs

1 Attachment(s)
Afternoon all (copied over from the XJR thread),

Just got back from the workshop working on the ideas for the carbon fibre air intake system. While there we knocked up one of the 'standard' type air intake tubes and have decided to offer these as a stage 1 kit (please forgive the blue silicon in the pictures if anyone wants one it will come with black silicon and stainless jubilee clips.

The major difference between ours and the normal ones is that you dont need to cut the oil breather hose or even replace it! this tube will accept the jaguar push on fitting, reducing the need to chop yours and allowing you to return to stock easily and without damage.

Also the end nearest the cast part of the inlet has been shaped to better resemble the oval shape providing better asthetics and a smoother transition from the round 3 inch T304 stainless pipe to the oval.

I can offer these for £105 complete with the 2x silicon joiners (in black), polished finish and 4x stainless jubilee clips plus fitting instructions. Installation should take no longer then 15-20 mins and the gains have all been proven. I will be doing dyno comparisons between stock, stage 1 and stage 2 (carbon full intake) as soon as the carbon one is done.

Delivery costs to the UK will be £5, if there is any interest from abroad will get the shipping costs for these as and when.

Some pictures.

Attachment 159238

The tubes will come polished as in the picture and fit very well. (It was raning on this one!)

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i.../wol_error.gifClick this bar to view the full image.http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...IMAG0142-1.jpg

Turned stainless fitting TIG welded to the tube for jaguar oil breather hose.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/i.../wol_error.gifClick this bar to view the full image.http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...IMAG0151-1.jpg

Standard oil breather fitted (sorry about the pic quality)

If anyone is interested let me know and we will go from there.

Cheers.

Michael Star 11-02-2012 10:06 AM

That is roughly $169 USD!! I think this is the cheapest intake tube out there!

caldoofy 11-02-2012 10:13 AM

Thanks, not after making loads of cash im happy for people to get the benefit of mods without having to spend too much and this does seem to have livened up the car somewhat which can only be a good thing the quality is top end too.

Robinb 11-02-2012 11:39 PM

Looks really nice. I'm quite happy with the qwiketz tube, but I particularly like that the throttle-body end of your Stage 1 is reshaped to a more oval form.

So, a question about Stage 2 - apart from being carbon-fibre, when will it be ready, what will be the cost and how much more power do you estimate will be gained over Stage 1?

caldoofy 11-03-2012 04:11 AM

Next stage is to get a spare cast intake section, from removing it yesterday it seems there will be some additional area that can be fabricated in to give more volume. The original plan was to use 3.5 inch tubing direct to the throttle body but due to hood to pipe contact and also the air bypass tube under the standard intake we have had to revise the plan slightly.

As for time as soon as i get the extra intake section work begins on changing its shape to allow for smoother airflow and increased volume. Hoping to have something at trial stage by xmas, the actual carbon fibre intke will be slightly larger again as the fabricated metal intake will be the one used as a mould. The carbon fibre will give a one piece design which will have a smooth inside and no joins between maf and throttle body giving smoother airflow and as already discussed in many threads this is the key to power on any supercharged engine.

Power estimates i dont know but intend on doing dyno runs to show gains as would rather give definate figures rather than guestimates, however having said that from the shape and finish of the standard intake there will be an increase in airflow and that should translate into HP.

Cost will be set once i have the first one done and as you can see i dont overprice. Regular updates will follow.

Cheers

licifer 11-04-2012 01:02 AM

I'm very interested in purchasing one of these, how much would it be shipped in the u.s.?

caldoofy 11-04-2012 09:40 AM

I will get shipping costs to the US tomorrow and update thread.

Harleyworker 11-04-2012 09:59 AM

Christmas is coming and now I know what to put on my list, I want one too!!! Nice setup! The price is great, just hope shipping doesn't break the bank.

offroadking208 11-04-2012 07:41 PM

This is awesome! I'm interested depending on shipping costs

Lspc 11-05-2012 10:28 AM

May well be up for a stage 2, look forward to the next update :-)

caldoofy 11-05-2012 11:54 AM

Right then, ive been to the post office today to get costs for international shipping by air mail (5 to 7 day delivery) and this comes in at £25 making the total £130 to your door in america, or australia or pretty much anywhere else in the world. There was a £10 pound option but this did not offer any form of insurance and no way to find out if there are any problems with delivery etc plus it would have taken 56 days !? so i will not be offering this option based on this.

Let me know who wants one and we will go from there.

LSPC - Stage 2 will be along as soon as possible keep checking back and thanks for the interest.

offroadking208 11-05-2012 02:10 PM

Should come out to around $208USD everybody. I'd be interested for sure, so put me on the list!

McJaguar 11-05-2012 02:11 PM

so, if my math is correct, that's somewhere close to $250 USD? is that right?

caldoofy 11-05-2012 02:50 PM

At exchange rate of 1.6 us dollars to the pound that works out at $208 delivered. I am taking orders now based on 1 week build time plus upto 7 days delivery, payment accepted by paypal.

Cheers

caldoofy 11-08-2012 06:07 AM

After good initial interest I am now doing a run of these intake tubes so if people want one on this run please let me know. $208 delivered to your door (if outside uk) within 14 days of order and a direct fit with no alteration of oil breather tube required. Cheers

caldoofy 11-13-2012 07:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone just thought id put up a quick update ive managed to source some black Mocal silicone to use as the hose joiners this is top quality silicone and quad reinforced and this is what will come to you in the kit at no extra cost.

Picture as below.

Attachment 158925

As far as stage 2 goes i am waiting for a cast intake section to arrive so we can start modifying for better flow, from there we will be making the moulds to create the carbon fibre intake.

Thanks for the interest so far.

jsupstarz 11-19-2012 05:17 PM

I would like one of these. Do you have them available? How do I get one with the black silicon (the whole kit you have pictured)?

bfsgross 11-19-2012 06:02 PM

All will enjoy this intakes uncorking 13 chp and increase blower whine.

caldoofy 11-19-2012 06:03 PM

Yes these are made to order, around 2 week turnaround from ordering (subject to post delays!) The kit now comes with the black silicone as standard , no extra cost. Drop me a pm and ill send you my paypal details and we will go from there.

jsupstarz 11-19-2012 09:13 PM

Ok pm"d you. Lets make this happen!