Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   Whatever Happened To.... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/whatever-happened-86707/)

Jon89 12-17-2012 01:21 PM

Whatever Happened To....

As we prepare to close out yet another calendar year, I can't help but wonder what happened to some of the S-Type forum members who were very active here but have now seemingly disappeared. Bodyman (also known as Jim the Fixer)? Mafioso? The Chris X?

Anyone have any updates to share regarding these guys? I know Mafioso had some serious health issues. I'm not sure about either Jim or Chris....

I still miss Vance580's (Chris) valuable input, but at least he explained his exit when he sold his STR back during the summer and is now concentrating on his motorcycles....

We've now owned our 2005 S-Type for four years. Hard to believe that much time has passed since we acquired it the week before Christmas 2008. I still enjoy that vehicle for all the value it has provided to us, and I very much appreciate the fact that it has settled in for the long haul over the past couple of years with no major issues at all....

bfsgross 12-17-2012 01:42 PM

I share your sentiment Jon. Mafioso installed a Qauiffe LSD that eventually locked up, which may have caused him to sell. He also may be reluctant to returning due to my trading a new pair of my front CATS struts ($725) for his never to be released version of a "Chiller Killer". ChrisX...who knows? I think Bodyman sold his STR? Nontheless, we've picked up some new members too.

joycesjag 12-17-2012 02:58 PM

Jon,

I pm'd those guys about the hoodliner giveaway a month ago. I only received a reply from Chris X, he still has his STR and its put up for the winter, he also stated that he has been really slammed at work lately.

As far as Jim (bodyman) I did not get a reply. I don't believe his wife Laurie would ever allow Jim to sell her baby, I hope they are both well.

I even hit Rob (spitfire) on the PM, no response from him as well. As crazy as he was about his S Type I couldn't imagine that he sold his either. I do know that he tried starting a new Jaguar forum about a year and half ago. I saw the outline of it and it was really sharp, I just don't know what happened. Rob and his wife were suppose to stop by on their way back Fl. trip 2 years ago but it was in the very late night and we couldn't make the meet.

Four years is coming up for Jon this Feb., hard to believe, man time flies. We are still very much satisfied with the ownership. Although have been keeping my eyes open for a new marque, but nothing yet. Joyce does not want a new vehicle period, she still gets all the oohs and ahhs, I think she likes that fact.

Jon89 12-17-2012 03:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Rick....

I'll bet that Jim picked up a muscle car to fix that his wife wanted even more than her low-mileage 2003 S-Type 3.0. Wouldn't be surprised if he moved her into that and wound up selling her S-Type for a nice little profit. I don't think Jim would have disappeared from the forum unless he sold the car....

I share Joyce's sentiments 100%. There is absolutely no reason at the current time for me to sell our S-Type for something else. It is my daily driver now while Jan drives her XK8 full-time. She's put nearly 20,000 miles on it since we acquired it back in early February. I crank up my Ram when I need to do truck things, two to three times a week....

Merry Christmas to you and Joyce and all the kiddies....

tbird6 12-17-2012 04:12 PM

I miss Twotee's! He had a bad run of luck with the super charger porting fiasco and then he burned up his STR engine when a hose connection let go.

Made some good posts!

bfsgross 12-17-2012 04:19 PM

ttwotees traded his STR for a Ricer. He's a good man.

MyBlackCat 12-17-2012 04:28 PM

Anybody talk to PHD12volt recently?
I know he sold his 03 STR but I thought he had an 07 waiting in the wings.

joycesjag 12-17-2012 06:43 PM

MBC, I haven't spoke with Jason for sometime but I do remember him having a possible score on the 07 MY. I guess it did not happen...bummer.

Merry Christmas to you and Jan as well Jon and a terrific New Year!

Sheesh 20k, Jan must really like her XK8, good for her.

aholbro1 12-17-2012 09:02 PM

Not from the S-Type forum....but I sure miss JetMech - was looking fwd to pics of her putting that XJS a-right! Maybe she had to deploy?

joycesjag 12-17-2012 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was it the wrenches/cherrries in the trunk pose you miss Zane. ;)

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1355801498

aholbro1 12-17-2012 09:50 PM

Boot! Rick...itsa BOOOooootttt!

bfsgross 12-18-2012 06:56 AM

LOL! How'd the Brits come up with Boot and Bonnet?

joycesjag 12-18-2012 07:07 AM

Booty?????

carelm 12-18-2012 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by bfsgross (Post 641333)
LOL! How'd the Brits come up with Boot and Bonnet?

While we're on Britspeak, how about wings instead of fenders?:D

Staatsof 12-18-2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by carelm (Post 641387)
While we're on Britspeak, how about wings instead of fenders?:D

How's about bollox? I hear that one used on a lot of forums.

JagV8 12-18-2012 10:35 AM

For x, cks. But yeah.

You wouldn't believe the looks you can get referring to fanny...

aholbro1 12-18-2012 10:38 AM

Probably wasn't from exclaiming, "That's a beautiful booty in the boot" ...

Sorry Jon, didn't mean to hijack, just answering who i miss that doesn't post anymore...and I do fancy XJS's... was eagerly anticipating the refurbishment...but Jetmech getting into the pics didn't distract from tje XJS' timeless beauty...

bfsgross 12-18-2012 11:19 AM

Whoa!

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 641337)
Booty?????

Whoa! Keep it clean moderator. :icon_evil:

Norri 12-18-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Staatsof (Post 641428)
How's about bollox? I hear that one used on a lot of forums.

joycesjag 12-18-2012 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by aholbro1 (Post 641457)

Sorry Jon, didn't mean to hijack

Me too Jon, kinda reminds me of the old days. :)

Originally Posted by aholbro1 (Post 641457)

just answering who i miss that doesn't post anymore...

Darn drive by poster!

carelm 12-19-2012 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 641744)
Me too Jon, kinda reminds me of the old days. :)

Darn drive by poster!

Rick,

Your location says sunny SC but your avatar says otherwise (snow everywhere).:icon_mrgreen: Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Mike

steveinfrance 12-19-2012 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't understand. Rick was simply pointing out that 'Booty' means the results of spoil and pillage - gold dubloons etc.- usually obtained by Piracy of the naval/cannon firing sort which the Brits were very good at.
In the interests of seasonal goodwill I won't dwell on the singular lack of US competence in this area.
Re 'trunk' some cars used to have a 'trunk' strapped onto the back
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1355922417
while 'boot' is the proper name for a compartment with a door in the rear of a stagecoach and, hence, car.
Here endeth !!!

The Chris X 12-19-2012 08:07 AM

Hey guys - sorry I've been a bit absent lately. I still check in from time to time and i've been talking to a couple of guys via PM about getting another set of wheels but haven't really been posting much. Spending way too much time working on actual work and not messing around like i should! :)

I've been spending a lot of my free time working on my 2 Jeeps - getting lifts installed, skid plates, etc, so the STR has been kinda neglected. I did put it up for the winter a couple weeks ago.

Hopefully i can get my projects sorted out and get a little more active on the board again here shortly.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Docuzzie 12-19-2012 08:12 AM

The last thread I saw Jim Bodyman in, he'd purchased a Corvette and to quote him, he said the acceleration was exhilerating.

JagV8 12-19-2012 08:33 AM

Missing Daniel anyone?

joycesjag 12-19-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by carelm (Post 641925)
Rick,

Your location says sunny SC but your avatar says otherwise (snow everywhere).:icon_mrgreen: Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Mike

Mike, perhaps you may recall this: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...setting-47323/ back a couple of years ago (my entry is post #77). Anyways it was coincidental that we had gotten snow. I pulled Joyces Jag out of its nice cozy resting place and snapped a few shots, the wreath was just for the compettition. The first and last time it has been in snow. I actually got stuck driving her back up our driveway.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...inter-jag2-jpg

I was going through some pics for someone and stumbled across the pic and decided tis the season.

Happy Holidays to you and yours Mike!

South Carolina snowman:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...sc-snowman-jpg

^^ taken from a fun old thread as well: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...6/brrrr-29488/

Again sorry Jon for the hijack but I know you are smiling about it! :)

Norri 12-19-2012 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JagV8 (Post 641969)
Missing Daniel anyone?

:icon_rolleyes: :icon_gunhead: :icon_biggrin::icon_tree:

Jon89 12-19-2012 09:45 AM

No worries about any hijacking, guys. This is definitely one of those stream-of-conciousness threads....

And no one here who remembers Daniel Satur and his wacky repair advice misses him. That guy was a real piece of work. I remember wondering if he was spouting off just to jerk the moderators' chains, but I think he was completely serious the majority of the time....

Tijoe 12-19-2012 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by tbird6 (Post 640984)
I miss Twotee's! He had a bad run of luck with the super charger porting fiasco and then he burned up his STR engine when a hose connection let go.

Made some good posts!

I stay in sporadic contact with Truman, "Twotee". Being the person who purchased his STR.

carelm 12-20-2012 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 641979)
Mike, perhaps you may recall this: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...setting-47323/ back a couple of years ago (my entry is post #77). Anyways it was coincidental that we had gotten snow. I pulled Joyces Jag out of its nice cozy resting place and snapped a few shots, the wreath was just for the compettition. The first and last time it has been in snow. I actually got stuck driving her back up our driveway.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...inter-jag2-jpg

I was going through some pics for someone and stumbled across the pic and decided tis the season.

Happy Holidays to you and yours Mike!

South Carolina snowman:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...sc-snowman-jpg

^^ taken from a fun old thread as well: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/o...6/brrrr-29488/

Again sorry Jon for the hijack but I know you are smiling about it! :)

Here is a blast from the past (2010) from one of the three snowstorms we got that year. This was after I spent about two hours excavating my S-Type from 2-3 feet of snow. Note the grill mold.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...grill-mold-jpg

joycesjag 12-20-2012 07:33 AM

I thought of that pic ^ Mike as I was posting mine. Also the snow beer fridge that you posted awhile back too. :icon_beerchug: :icon_teeth:

Oh and Steve thank you for helping me clarify the booty, although I have another picture of bounty (booty) in a trunk, I believe that I would have to give myself a 3 day ban and 2 infractions. ;)

carelm 12-20-2012 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 642657)
I thought of that pic ^ Mike as I was posting mine. Also the snow beer fridge that you posted awhile back too. :icon_beerchug: :icon_teeth:

Oh and Steve thank you for helping me clarify the booty, although I have another picture of bounty (booty) in a trunk, I believe that I would have to give myself a 3 day ban and 2 infractions. ;)

This one?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1356015938

bfsgross 12-20-2012 10:26 AM

Did U Fix it?

Originally Posted by Tijoe (Post 642032)
I stay in sporadic contact with Truman, "Twotee". Being the person who purchased his STR.

Did U figure out what the issue was with his transmission after the motor swap?

Tijoe 12-20-2012 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bfsgross (Post 642765)
Did U figure out what the issue was with his transmission after the motor swap?

His transmission died during a trip to took to Houston, so he had it rebuilt. This was about a month before I purchased the car from him.

All is well with the car other than little nuisance problems that appear on a regular basis. Most recent is that the car wont start. Battery? Charged battery overnight, started the next day, then the following day wouldn't crank again. Beginning to wonder if a battery cable is corroded somewhere. Also have been getting a DCS error when I start the car. I turn it off and start it again and it clears. Something electrical has a problem. I just haven't had the time to troubleshoot.

bfsgross 12-20-2012 07:05 PM

K. Perhaps some of the pins R bent on the harness connectors.

vance580 12-26-2012 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 641174)
Was it the wrenches/cherrries in the trunk pose you miss Zane. ;)

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ine=1355801498

I miss her too. Especially now that I'm single. I heard that vance580 guy is very sad about selling his STR but still lurks here like a troll. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I'm still in my little farm house Jon89 so if you need anything shoot me a pm and I still wrench. Now I just mainly wrench on my bikes since I ride them more then driving. I picked me up a nice little truck that I drive when I have too and it's nice to have to carry bikes around. Already had to use it a few times for some friend's bikes.
I will return once I'm done with school and start working again. I've been eyeballing XFR's though so I may not return with an STR. For anyone that I talked to and knew about me going to school, I got into NC State last month and have been busy getting everything situated over there. This means I am halfway towards my Bachelors. I got my Associattes a few weeks ago and finished with a 3.95 GPA. Not bad for a 32 year old college kid after being out of school for 12 years and going through a divorce. Ended up getting 2 B's my last semester the rest were A's so I'm not complaining. Should hopefully be done with my Bachelors in 2 years and hopefully it will go just as quickly as the first 2. Then once I get back to work the Jag hunt will begin.

vance580 12-26-2012 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 640936)
Jon,

I pm'd those guys about the hoodliner giveaway a month ago. I only received a reply from Chris X, he still has his STR and its put up for the winter, he also stated that he has been really slammed at work lately.

As far as Jim (bodyman) I did not get a reply. I don't believe his wife Laurie would ever allow Jim to sell her baby, I hope they are both well.

I even hit Rob (spitfire) on the PM, no response from him as well. As crazy as he was about his S Type I couldn't imagine that he sold his either. I do know that he tried starting a new Jaguar forum about a year and half ago. I saw the outline of it and it was really sharp, I just don't know what happened. Rob and his wife were suppose to stop by on their way back Fl. trip 2 years ago but it was in the very late night and we couldn't make the meet.

Four years is coming up for Jon this Feb., hard to believe, man time flies. We are still very much satisfied with the ownership. Although have been keeping my eyes open for a new marque, but nothing yet. Joyce does not want a new vehicle period, she still gets all the oohs and ahhs, I think she likes that fact.

I'm on Rob's site as far as I can see he still has his S-type. He posted up on there about putting it away for winter. He has done a lot on that site which may of taken away from how often he was able to get on here. I'm sure once it gets nice again and he pulls the S-type back out he may jump back on here occasionally.

No worries about any hijacking, guys. This is definitely one of those stream-of-conciousness threads....

And no one here who remembers Daniel Satur and his wacky repair advice misses him. That guy was a real piece of work. I remember wondering if he was spouting off just to jerk the moderators' chains, but I think he was completely serious the majority of the time....
What about that other guy that got banned a while back that kept claiming he was had bought those STR's that ended up being pics he took from Autotrader that he had taken from different years so nothing added up. I can't even remember his name. What a character that guy was.

Jon89 12-27-2012 07:51 AM

Good to see you here, Chris. Glad to know that you still check in with us from time to time since I know you're primarily a bike guy now. And thanks for the offer to assist with any Jaguar issues that might come up. My S-Type has been rock-solid for a couple of years now. My wife's XK8 seems to throw various issues at me every month or so. I've been able to handle them all thus far with the assistance of several key guys in the XK8 section. Man, that is one quirky car. If you think the electronics in our S-Types are problematic, you should try an XK8. It is insane....

Congrats on your admittance to N.C. State (my alma mater). Go Pack....