F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!

Ok forum brothers and sisters. I wanted you all to know that I just picked up my 2016 R Convertible. They re-flashed the software for me with the latest release. All I could say is "WOW"!!!!, and I mean "WOW"!

As most of you who know me realize, I have not been a happy camper either with my F-Type S 2015, and they dynomatted it and deadened the noise for me. It wasn't pretty, but wasn't bad also. I then traded it in for the "R", and got the higher end stereo. I was happy with it, but not overjoyed. Well now for the rest of the story.

I just picked it up tonight after the software reflash. I will say that the stero is "NIGHT AND DAY". Yes folks, from one of the hardest critics of the Jaguar F-Type Stereo's, this one is now in the league all of it's own. The result:

1. - Base and zero rattles. The Punch is so awesome that I had to turn the base down to 50%, sub to 50%, and left the treble high....and again, WOW!
2. - The base kicked with the volume at 40%, and it was pleasant playing rock n roll, with a hole lot of soul!!!
3. - The treble made the tweeters come to life beyond what I ever expected.
4. - The balance was 70 % to the front, and 30% to the rear, and was balanced perfectly.

There is no doubt that Jaguar redeemed itself in the stereo department making this car perfect for me. The stereo is now that of a luxury car, without question. Every fix, reason for the bum sounding stereo, that I read and saw posted was virtually wrong. A few folks said it was "Software relative", and those few were "SPOT ON"! They had it right, but the theories that we all had were not correct. It was truly the software that made the difference, only the software, and now the stereo pops.

In summary, bringing closure to the stereo issue is a pleasure for me. I now have two notes that are pleasing to the ears, the motor/muffler note, and each and every note that comes out of my speakers!!!

THANK YOU JAGUAR!!! Enjoy all, and make sure your dealers treat your car the way that Don from Madison Jaguar treated my Jaguar. He is a true professional, and knew exactly what to do with this car.

All fixed!!! :icon_bowrofl

The following 8 users liked this post by slojotaa:
Cambo (11-04-2016), CaptainHam (11-13-2016), eeeeek (07-09-2018), Inspector-G (03-21-2017), MaximA (11-06-2016), pistol (11-05-2016), SinF (11-05-2016), Unhingd (11-05-2016) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-04-2016, 11:04 PM
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

So in order to do this we just have to take it in to our local dealer? How does it work?

Old 11-05-2016, 03:40 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jimbobble
So in order to do this we just have to take it in to our local dealer? How does it work?
Yes, call them, and yes that is what i did.

Old 11-05-2016, 04:46 AM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by slojotaa
Yes, call them, and yes that is what i did.
Great to hear you had yours fixed too! Can you post the TSB or SSM hey used to officially fix it? What did the work order say?

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (11-07-2016)
Old 11-05-2016, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by pistol
Great to hear you had yours fixed too! Can you post the TSB or SSM hey used to officially fix it? What did the work order say?
Hi Pistol...give me a few, and I will go to the car and get it and post what it said. Stay tuned.

Old 11-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Veteran Member

Here u go

Customer states radio quality is not good.
Cause in control touch software too low

869978 read and clear fault codes
515 WPLJ
869839. In control touch - NLi audio front control module configure
101010. Drive in and out

FC: 42
Part: T2H21730
Claim type 01
Authorization code VW*JJ3

Hope this helps. Pretty simple just software. If the software change blows the AMP they will change it, but mine didn't need this. My tech Don rocks and really knows what he is doing as all of these dealerships should.

Sitting in parking lot waiting for my bride now, and cranking this with worst base punch and not a rattle at all, not a one. I'm a musician since 4 and can hear the worst in a heartbeat and nothing but awesomeness in this buggy!

Let me know if any questions (Njoying Deathcab for Cutie now and sounds wonderful!

Good luck and excuse typos on my iPhone:-(

The following 12 users liked this post by slojotaa:
Buckingham (11-05-2016), Desert Dawg (12-07-2017), domino_z (11-06-2016), Funfactor (07-26-2017), jaguny (11-06-2016), jimbobble (11-06-2016), MaximA (11-07-2016), pistol (11-05-2016), SinF (11-07-2016), Tel (11-06-2016), Unhingd (11-05-2016), zmoothg (11-05-2016) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Tel
Received 232 Likes on 143 Posts

Here u go

Customer states radio quality is not good.
Cause in control touch software too low

869978 read and clear fault codes
515 WPLJ
101010. Drive in and out

FC: 42
Part: T2H21730
Claim type 01
Authorization code VW*JJ3

Hope this helps. Pretty simple just software. If the software change blows the AMP they will change it, but mine didn't need this. My tech Don rocks and really knows what he is doing as all of these dealerships should.

Sitting in parking lot waiting for my bride now, and cranking this with worst base punch and not a rattle at all, not a one. I'm a musician since 4 and can hear the worst in a heartbeat and nothing but awesomeness in this buggy!

Let me know if any questions (Njoying Deathcab for Cutie now and sounds wonderful!

Good luck and excuse typos on my iPhone:-(
Thanks for this.

It's a good job we have these forums....JLR UK are not forthcoming with their information regarding upgrades/fixes.

I have just asked the retailer this side if we have this available in the UK and will let you all know if it has been rolled out here.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

First, I am truly glad your stereo is fixed. Second, I hope this is an official TSB fix for all regions. If my dealer says they can't fix it, I may go buy a Ford Mustang.

Old 11-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguny
First, I am truly glad your stereo is fixed. Second, I hope this is an official TSB fix for all regions. If my dealer says they can't fix it, I may go buy a Ford Mustang.
If your dealer says they can't fix it, I would find another dealer!!! It may also be worth it to you (depending on how far "upstate is" from NJ, to have it serviced at my dealer who "can fix it". Your call, but these guys do it right, and care for the outcome. If your dealer says no, or they can't, I wouldn't get my windows washed by them!!!

Good Luck, and keep me posted please.
Thanks,
Joe

The following users liked this post:
jaguny (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

Just a heads up..

THERE IS NO OFFICIAL FIX yet at this time. Jaguar's repair website TOPIx does not list an service bulletin yet at this time. Word through the grapevine is that official fix is in a final testing phase that still needs to go the UK for a sign off.

The following 4 users liked this post by WhiteTardis:
CaptainHam (11-07-2016), Jim F (11-07-2016), MaximA (11-07-2016), Tel (11-07-2016)
Old 11-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Just dropped of my car for the update for the second time. Took it to the same dealership as OP since we both go there. Hopefully my issue is resolved

Old 11-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Prophizee
Just dropped of my car for the update for the second time. Took it to the same dealership as OP since we both go there. Hopefully my issue is resolved
Good luck, and it will be ok if they do what they did to mine.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

I asked my dealership about this yesterday and they had no idea. Hurry up and wait.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Any chance you could delve into the touchscreen and see what version of InControl App software is reported. You have to go into In Control Apps, then Settings...

Mine reports: 4633 (2016 S conv)

Old 11-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine is 5636.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Good news indeed!

Ok forum brothers and sisters. I wanted you all to know that I just picked up my 2016 R Convertible. They re-flashed the software for me with the latest release. All I could say is "WOW"!!!!, and I mean "WOW"!

As most of you who know me realize, I have not been a happy camper either with my F-Type S 2015, and they dynomatted it and deadened the noise for me. It wasn't pretty, but wasn't bad also. I then traded it in for the "R", and got the higher end stereo. I was happy with it, but not overjoyed. Well now for the rest of the story.

I just picked it up tonight after the software reflash. I will say that the stero is "NIGHT AND DAY". Yes folks, from one of the hardest critics of the Jaguar F-Type Stereo's, this one is now in the league all of it's own. The result:

1. - Base and zero rattles. The Punch is so awesome that I had to turn the base down to 50%, sub to 50%, and left the treble high....and again, WOW!
2. - The base kicked with the volume at 40%, and it was pleasant playing rock n roll, with a hole lot of soul!!!
3. - The treble made the tweeters come to life beyond what I ever expected.
4. - The balance was 70 % to the front, and 30% to the rear, and was balanced perfectly.

There is no doubt that Jaguar redeemed itself in the stereo department making this car perfect for me. The stereo is now that of a luxury car, without question. Every fix, reason for the bum sounding stereo, that I read and saw posted was virtually wrong. A few folks said it was "Software relative", and those few were "SPOT ON"! They had it right, but the theories that we all had were not correct. It was truly the software that made the difference, only the software, and now the stereo pops.

In summary, bringing closure to the stereo issue is a pleasure for me. I now have two notes that are pleasing to the ears, the motor/muffler note, and each and every note that comes out of my speakers!!!

THANK YOU JAGUAR!!! Enjoy all, and make sure your dealers treat your car the way that Don from Madison Jaguar treated my Jaguar. He is a true professional, and knew exactly what to do with this car.

All fixed!!! :icon_bowrofl

Wow! slojotaa! If this indeed true, you are making me very happy and would love to buy you a drink of choice
I am currently out of town for a while, but it will be the first thing I will do once I get back! Members, please share your positive results

Old 11-10-2016, 04:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by NTAV
Wow! slojotaa! If this indeed true, you are making me very happy and would love to buy you a drink of choice
I am currently out of town for a while, but it will be the first thing I will do once I get back! Members, please share your positive results
Hmmm, a drink of choice..., how intriguing.

One thing I will state....my dealer did an awesome job, and I let Jaguar NA know about this I was so happy. One discouraging thing however is to hear all of the forum members who have gone to their respective dealers, and they state that they have not heard a thing about this, or are not aware of it. I posted the codes that I had from the paperwork, and it is real, excellent, and why I was driven to share this. When you get back, call your dealer of choice first and if they say they don't know anything about this, look at the codes I posted and read it to them. Once done, you will be happy, and I am out on a limb because I have currently been enjoying this result with a musical smile on my face. GOOD LUCK, and again I am parched so appreciate the drink :-)!

Old 11-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 256 Posts

One thing I will state....my dealer did an awesome job, and I let Jaguar NA know about this I was so happy. One discouraging thing however is to hear all of the forum members who have gone to their respective dealers, and they state that they have not heard a thing about this, or are not aware of it. I posted the codes that I had from the paperwork, and it is real, excellent, and why I was driven to share this. When you get back, call your dealer of choice first and if they say they don't know anything about this, look at the codes I posted and read it to them. Once done, you will be happy, and I am out on a limb because I have currently been enjoying this result with a musical smile on my face. GOOD LUCK, and again I am parched so appreciate the drink :-)!

My shop couldn't make sense of any of those numbers.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Received 390 Likes on 207 Posts

One thing I will state....my dealer did an awesome job, and I let Jaguar NA know about this I was so happy. One discouraging thing however is to hear all of the forum members who have gone to their respective dealers, and they state that they have not heard a thing about this, or are not aware of it. I posted the codes that I had from the paperwork, and it is real, excellent, and why I was driven to share this. When you get back, call your dealer of choice first and if they say they don't know anything about this, look at the codes I posted and read it to them.
AGAIN...the reason dealers are not aware of this is because ITS NOT OUT YET. The codes on your repair order don't mean anything. Its usually the store's unique labor codes (so they can log the type and amount of time their tech spent on your car). Any sort of service bulletin will start with a KXXX or SSM. From what I heard, its possible that some of the JLR field engineers have the "beta" version of the updated software which is how some people are possibly getting the "updated" software. The software update will configure your amp.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:39 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Nati
My shop couldn't make sense of any of those numbers.
they came directly from the work order. Too bad!

Quick Reply: Wow Jaguar....Stereo all fixed finally!!