F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One more week with the Jaguar...

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 333 Likes on 231 Posts
Default One more week with the Jaguar...

She goes back next Monday, a few days early because of scheduling and we're trying to drive her to get that last bit of enjoyment.

Pfeiffer Canyon bridge in Big Sur opens today and we tried going down the coast yesterday for lunch but work crews and unbelievable traffic snarls near Carmel put an end to that idea so we'll try again this week.

It has been somewhat of a bittersweet relationship at times with this car and while I still love the outrageous looks and performance, I am ready to move on to my next steed and looking forward to a Christmas delivery...my wife on the other hand is ready to see it gone.

So enjoy it we will, will probably take it to Canepa's final cars & coffee event tomorrow since it's just a tad too chilly in the morning for the roadster...enjoy the weekend guys.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:14 AM
Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

What problems did you have with it?

What are you getting next?

Old 10-13-2017, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mystic
What problems did you have with it?

What are you getting next?
No mechanical problems whatsoever, car has been great...the problem is the local police don't like it much, wife's been lit up twice in it and doesn't much care for that,lol.

I have a '18 Audi S5 Coupe on order in the Prestige package with every option coming, Daytona Gray Pearl with Magma Red interior, very excited to receive it and hopefully it'll attract less attention than the F-Type.

Old 10-13-2017, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,584 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
No mechanical problems whatsoever, car has been great...the problem is the local police don't like it much, wife's been lit up twice in it and doesn't much care for that,lol.

I have a '18 Audi S5 Coupe on order in the Prestige package with every option coming, Daytona Gray Pearl with Magma Red interior, very excited to receive it and hopefully it'll attract less attention than the F-Type.
It's not like the Audi S5 is demur Buick. But I totally get your point and I know that after you got tagged, your love affair with the F-Type lost some of it's allure.

Looking forward to staying in touch with you regardless of the car you're driving. In the end, it's the relationships we forge and not the car(s) we drive.

Best regards and Pre-Congratulations,
Jay

The following users liked this post:
buickfunnycar.com (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
It's not like the Audi S5 is demur Buick. But I totally get your point and I know that after you got tagged, your love affair with the F-Type lost some of it's allure.

Looking forward to staying in touch with you regardless of the car you're driving. In the end, it's the relationships we forge and not the car(s) we drive.

Best regards and Pre-Congratulations,
Jay
Thanks Jay...you are one person I would certainly enjoy meeting one day, my wife loves the idea of flying in and renting an F-Type for your next adventure...so one never knows!
Went to lunch today in Carmel Valley which meant over the Los Laureles Grade which is always fun...

Old 10-15-2017, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Cruised the car over to Canepa early yesterday and was surprised to see another...a nice older couple I chatted with owned it, the lady driving it insisted on a manual so they went all the way back to NC to find this '16 S, I showed them my sto n sho license plate bracket and told them about the forum, they were quite pleased.

All this fun and still two incidents with the police while out and about, one I thought for sure I was going to get ticketed but for some unknown reason...it didn't happen. I swear I can't go anywhere in this car without the fear of being stopped, and that in a nutshell has really sucked the enthusiasm and joy of ownership...I have had plenty of loud fast cars in my 60 years on this planet and have never experienced anything approaching this level of fear of driving a car.

All that being said...I do love this car but I will not be sorry to see it go.

Last edited by buickfunnycar.com; 10-15-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Veteran Member

How unfortunate with all the worlds ills going on and Mother Nature wrecking havoc throughout the world that you suffer from - no offense and with apologies to the actual condition - PTSD (Post Ticketed Stress Disorder.)

You worked hard to get where you are and you're penalized for what, driving your car in an enthusiastic manner? I'm not trying to be flippant - and, yes, speeding is speeding is speeding - but it seems to me that there's a lot more truly serious things to be concerned about in this messed up world.

I am truly sorry Buick BUT life goes on, you're still happily married, and you're about to get an amazingly gorgeous car.

Godspeed to you,
Jay

Last edited by RickyJay52; 10-15-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks Jay for the kind words...Love/Hate truly does describe my relationship with this car...I chalk it up to just unbelievable bad luck.

One more trip down the coast to Big Sur planned this week (with eyes scanning the mirrors every freaking millisecond!) and then she goes back...

Old 10-15-2017, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member
ndabunka (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 156 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar.com
Thanks Jay for the kind words...Love/Hate truly does describe my relationship with this car...I chalk it up to just unbelievable bad luck.

One more trip down the coast to Big Sur planned this week (with eyes scanning the mirrors every freaking millisecond!) and then she goes back...
...or you could simply drive the speed limit and enjoy(?) the ride without having to "scan the mirrors every freak'N millisecond"...LOL

Old 10-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by ndabunka
...or you could simply drive the speed limit and enjoy(?) the ride without having to "scan the mirrors every freak'N millisecond"...LOL
Get Real!

ndabunka (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,126 Likes on 2,304 Posts

"Drive the speed limit" and "enjoy", quite possibly the greatest contradiction in terms ever!

ndabunka (10-15-2017)
Old 10-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
"Drive the speed limit" and "enjoy", quite possibly the greatest contradiction in terms ever!
There are some roads where the speed limit is 55 and I can’t drive 55 even in the Jag. Then there are other roads where it’s dangerous to drive the speed limit cause every one is going so much over.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 343 Likes on 256 Posts

Every year a tiny bit of leniency and freedoms go away. Just a fact of life.

In the 80s you could get pulled over drinking a beer and be told to pour it out before proceeding down the road. Massive burnouts and get a 'stop that' warning.

Today you can't fart without worry of incarciration. People that have never had any freedoms - the Millenials and GenZs don't know what they are missing.

Sad to hear someone not being able to enjoy an F-type in a reasonable manner w/o being hassled.

Old 10-16-2017, 08:54 AM
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Burt Gummer
Every year a tiny bit of leniency and freedoms go away. Just a fact of life.

In the 80s you could get pulled over drinking a beer and be told to pour it out before proceeding down the road. Massive burnouts and get a 'stop that' warning.

Today you can't fart without worry of incarciration. People that have never had any freedoms - the Millenials and GenZs don't know what they are missing.

Sad to hear someone not being able to enjoy an F-type in a reasonable manner w/o being hassled.
I guess you can blame all those evil people who have lost a loved one from drunk drivers or all those bad people complaining about drag racers killing them while they drive the speed limit.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

It's not just the speed...yes I've been popped for 90 in a 65 on NYD '16 but also got lit up with my wife in the car less than 2 blocks from my house while stopped at a stop sign at 6:50AM headed to a Jaguar run...CHP caught me out of the corner of his eye while driving by,stopped in his tracks and whipped it around to ticket me for no front plate and tinted windows...all this while the car wasn't even fully warmed up yet...and it just got $@#&%! old fast.

Maybe because it's the whole white car/black trim that's too much in your face, I dunno.

The Audi will be a dressed down Gray and hopefully will fly under the radar...we'll see.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Veteran Member

That's just crazy Buick!

I defy anyone to drive exactly the speed limit practically anywhere - with the exception of a school zone - for more than 5 min without going nuts.

I'm looking forward - even if you only PM me - to seeing pictures of your new ride! [I] Love everything about it!

Old 10-16-2017, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member

We all know trying to keep these cars at the posted speed limits is an exercise in futility...lol!

Old 10-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

True fundamentally useless exercise because as we all know posted limits are anywhere between 30-70mph below road design specs with a proper vehicle like the FTYPE

Old 10-16-2017, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Originally Posted by RickyJay52
That's just crazy Buick!

I defy anyone to drive exactly the speed limit practically anywhere - with the exception of a school zone - for more than 5 min without going nuts.

I'm looking forward - even if you only PM me - to seeing pictures of your new ride! [I] Love everything about it!
Don't put any money on that with my wife. Her speedometer is calibrated to read 10% too high and she never drives more than the limit as indicated. At least she never occupies the left hand lane.