Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-24/)
-   -   Is this real? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-24/real-95712/)

ONEsicJAG 05-21-2013 10:37 AM

Is this real?

Can't Tell For Sure But It's Awesome...

ausfalcon 06-17-2013 11:23 PM

Not for real, its projections.

Thermo 06-18-2013 06:02 PM

If you are curious, there is a new paint that will be coming out shortly that will allow something to this effect to happen. Not quite the scenes and whatnot. But, the paint would be put over the metal (conductive) panels of the car or over plastic panels with imbedded wire mesh. Then as you pass various currents through the body/mesh, it will cause the color to shift in the paint, resulting in many different colors for the body. here are 2 examples of what I am talking about.

this is not a tri stage chameleon paint, but as the first video goes on to explain, is a prism based paint which then allows the various colors. Granted, I would hate to see what a paint job for a car would run. Granted, could be fun to go blasting by a cop with the car being one color then round a corner, change the color of the car and then let the cop go blasting by you to catch up with that "other vehicle".

ausfalcon 06-19-2013 07:35 AM

Hmmm, no state DMV will like this, nor will the police.

STRrr 06-19-2013 05:22 PM

:icon_worthy:

Holy Chameleon, Batman!

(just added "own car with a color changing paint job" to my bucket list)

STRrr 06-20-2013 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo (Post 756429)
If you are curious, there is a new paint that will be coming out shortly that will allow something to this effect to happen. Not quite the scenes and whatnot. But, the paint would be put over the metal (conductive) panels of the car or over plastic panels with imbedded wire mesh. Then as you pass various currents through the body/mesh, it will cause the color to shift in the paint, resulting in many different colors for the body. here are 2 examples of what I am talking about.

[video]

[video]

this is not a tri stage chameleon paint, but as the first video goes on to explain, is a prism based paint which then allows the various colors. Granted, I would hate to see what a paint job for a car would run. Granted, could be fun to go blasting by a cop with the car being one color then round a corner, change the color of the car and then let the cop go blasting by you to catch up with that "other vehicle".

It's fake. Look at the youtube user's other videos. He does special effects, and admitted it's not real. Cool video, none the less.

JOsworth 06-23-2013 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by STRrr (Post 757115)
It's fake. Look at the youtube user's other videos. He does special effects, and admitted it's not real. Cool video, none the less.

LOL.... I knew it..