US Central MT, WY, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS

Any wrenchers in the Lawrence, Kansas City area looking to make some money?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any wrenchers in the Lawrence, Kansas City area looking to make some money?

My 1999 XJ8 has eaten her transmission. Things haven't completely exploded yet, but it's slipping, shifting badly, the fluid is burnt, and it's throwing a number of codes (too many to list). It's in the shop now, they've checked the fluid level and verified that it's actually in need of a rebuild instead of just low on fluid.

Their price to rebuild, however, means I'm going to have to give her up. I can't afford $3,400. Many on the list have told me I can do it myself, and there are great tutorials here for doing it, but I just don't have the garage space for a project of that magnitude.

So my last hope to save my baby is that maybe there's a Jag mechanic and lover here in the Lawrence, KS or K.C. area who rebuilds these who would be significantly cheaper than the shop I got a quote from (ATSI in Lawrence).

If I don't find anything, she'll probably be for sale soon here in the regional board or the classifieds. It would break my heart to see her go, but I've got to have some roadable transportation.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably should have mentioned, I'm not looking for charity work, or a payment plan. I have the money on-hand, I just can't justify paying the $3,400 for a car that's worth way less than that.

So if you can rebuild it for significantly less than the $3,400, I'll buy all the parts, bring the car to you, and pay in cash, beer or any combination of the two on completion of the work.