Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   US Central (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-central-36/)
-   -   Denver Jaguar shop recommendations (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-central-36/denver-jaguar-shop-recommendations-91340/)

fourtitude 03-08-2013 11:35 AM

Denver Jaguar shop recommendations

So I've been having some sunroof problems with my XJ8, and I can't seem to fix them. I've been trying to find a good independent shop in Denver since I don't really wanna pay out the nose for Sill-Terhar or Stevinson's. During my internet search I came across jaguardenver.com.

Has anyone on here used them before? The couple google reviews and yelp reviews that were written about them were pretty negative, so I'm a little apprehensive taking my car there.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

QuartzSTypeR 03-08-2013 12:15 PM

They are recommended by the Rocky Mountain Jaguar club, but I don't have any personal experience with them. I've been to Stevinson once, and was thoroughly unimpressed and would not recommend them.

Rakka 03-08-2013 04:36 PM

I've never dealt with Sil-Terhar, but I agree that Stevinson was entirely unimpressive. Sadly, I've ended up doing my own work out of frustration. I wish I had better info for you.

fourtitude 03-08-2013 06:11 PM

Oh it's quite alright. I bought this car a little under 2 weeks ago, and luckily after I contacted the sales manager for the dealer, he said they would take care of it for me.

warpcorps 05-27-2013 08:13 PM

I've taken mine to Sill-Tehrar before - I left feeling they spent a lot more in parts to solve my problem than I really needed. I bought my car there so the free JAG rental is nice, but I always felt I payed for it on other ways... I now go to Lafayette Imports in Erie. Steve does a good job and is reasonably priced.

Warpcorps
2000 Jaguar XK8 convertible 4.0L V8 ~100k Miles - Gold

Chidestp 03-04-2014 07:19 PM

Jaguar service in Denver, CO

I liked Bud's Mufflers when they did my tailpipe, Foreign Used Auto Parts for sun blinds and headrests, and Big O Tires on Federal Blvd in Denver for ball joints...all good. Anybody go elsewhere for coolant leaks?

:icon_toast:

2003 4.2L S-Type

mtbadger 05-08-2014 10:01 AM

Where is the best place to get parts?

QuartzSTypeR 05-08-2014 06:47 PM

I typically order everything online.

redcarrera 05-24-2014 06:16 PM

On a positive note, Jaguar Denver has always been fair with me. They aren't much cheaper than a dealer, but did professional work on my XJ &XK.

J-Rock 09-06-2014 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by QuartzSTypeR (Post 692017)
They are recommended by the Rocky Mountain Jaguar club, but I don't have any personal experience with them. I've been to Stevinson once, and was thoroughly unimpressed and would not recommend them.

I agree, I had a horrible experience at Stevenson.

Paul Fisher 03-03-2019 02:29 PM

I know this is an ancient thread, but as a recent transplant to the Denver area as well as recent buyer of a lovely XF Sport I am very curious about the general ill will towards Stevinson....

Since my XF began life there I took it in upon purchase to ask for the service history and get the headliner fixed.They treated me so nicely and were very happy to print out my cars history as well as look after a few things at no charge, coming from California where going to a dealership is almost a blood sport I have to say I was impressed with the service and just the general attitude.

My car is still under warranty for nearly three more years, I'd hate to have a nasty experience getting it serviced.Can anyone here go into more detail as to what went wrong at Stevinson?

Many thanks in advance...

JagWire_5280 06-25-2019 03:15 AM

Thanks Paul for bringing back this thread, I just got my SportBrake today - New Member Intro and I am really curious also as to dealer service in the Denver area, either Stevinson or FlatIrons.
I have 6 years 9 months left on my Factory + CPO warranty so I hope one of these dealers is recommended in 2019.

XFJoe 10-06-2019 02:59 PM

Stevinson has always been good to us. That said, I've never taken a vehicle there that was out of warranty. I pretty much exclusively deal with a service writer named Nick. He's been there for at least 10 years and my car always comes back fixed. My old X-type had issues with the transfer case (replaced under warranty), AC, brakes...Stevinson always made it right.

Just last week I took my new-to-me XF in for a general inspection and a few small items. They replaced a door seal, updated my radio firmware, installed a new navi SD card, and got my InControl account set up and working with the car. They offered a loaner car for the day and gave me a free wash.

Despite being in a temporary location (they're building a new dealership), the service I experienced was the same as it was 10+ years ago. I left happy with all items addressed.