Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   US Midwest (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-midwest-39/)
-   -   Good repair shop in northeast Ohio? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-midwest-39/good-repair-shop-northeast-ohio-218321/)

JasonwiththeXJ6 05-26-2019 04:12 PM

Good repair shop in northeast Ohio?

I’m realizing that I’m not super skilled with some things, so I may end up having to get my car towed to a shop. I’m in northeast Ohio. Are there any recommended shops or gurus that are in the area? I know north coast exotics is supposed to be good with jags, but I like to have a few options.

Wingrider 12-19-2019 03:33 PM

What city in NE Ohio?

Hedman 02-02-2020 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Wingrider (Post 2168867)
What city in NE Ohio?

Wingrider, I am piggybacking on Jason’s original post. I’m just up the road from you in Hudson. Any recommendations for a Jag repair shop anywhere in the Cleveland / Akron / Medina triangle would be appreciated. Heck, I’d even go to Columbus or Pittsburgh if necessary. Thanks in advance.

Wingrider 02-02-2020 08:44 AM

Christophers car care in Tallmadge (330) 630-9920

North coast exotics(216) 651-5512

Have been told north coast exotics specializes in repairing all sorts of imports, or exotics.

Have NOT used either shop yet, as i do my own work, & have a few people that help me when necessary.

Coventrywood 02-23-2020 05:11 PM

North Coast Exotics - with caveat...

Jason;

What work do you need done?
Many shops on the North Coast don't do Jags.
I have found several who are very good at specific Jag subsystems.

For all-around, or troubleshooting, North Coast Exotics is hard to beat. Knowledge, quality of work, and price.
At least one of the owners is a Jag aficionado, his overall knowledge of the cars, company, and Jaguars history the last 40 years in North America is hard to beat. (or equal)

However... IMO he is absolutely, completely and painfully honest. If he believes the situation requires more work than you do, he will not do a 'patch job'. If you drive in on bad brakes, and just want a gas tank changed, I don't believe he'll let you drive away from his shop on bad brakes.

The Unrealist 04-25-2020 02:55 PM

Westend Rover & Jag is an independent shop in Parma that has former Jag and Land Rover certified master techs working there. Check out their reviews on their site (or Google Reviews). The Jag tech there is Dean, and he is really friendly and quite helpful.

OldCoot 06-15-2022 03:44 PM

I know your desperation if your willing to go all the way to Columbus. I recently aquired my 1998 xk8 convertable, but had no repair or maintanence history. I did not want to go to a dealship (Columbus) . So after researching many ratings and reviews, I took my baby to Trojan Auto Care in Troy, Ohio. It took a couple of days for the usual oil/filter change and had them do a thourough inspection. They found 8 critical problems, pluss 1 safety issue. John called me and explained each one and the cost so that I could approve each one. It took a couple of days, and recognizing how protective I am of "Molly", they kept her inside at night. John kept me informed on the work progress and spoke with me in a way that showed he realized that I did know a "muffler bearing" from a "left hand tire gauge". They corrected all the issues, and I got Molly back in tip top condition. Yes, it cost some $$$, this place in top notch! If you don't want to spend any money, go to "BOBO"S GARAGE. But if you want honest,fair priced work from great people that have been in buisiness since the 70's, check them out on the internet. It may be too far for you, but at least it could be an option.