XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

New owner questions.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New owner questions.

I've only had my 2007 XK for a couple of months. I've found a couple of bugs I wonder if someone else has had also. First I put a CD in the slot and it doesn't play or come back out. When you go to CD Player in controls it shows a disk in position 1 but it won't play or eject. It also has a CD compartment in the luggage area and the Navigation CD is there. (Navigation seems to work but CD is original from 2007.) if you pullout the Navigation CD and put in a music CD it still won't play. I've only put about 1,200 miles on the XK since I bought it but 4 times when started the entire information screen is completely dark, nothing works. I have turned the ignition off and restarted and usually it comes on the second or third try. I hope this isn't the start of an expensive repair. If anyone has had these same issues and know of a fix please let me know. I don't find the owners manual very "user friendly", it doesn't even show the trunk CD Player. Also is there somewhere to get an updated Navigation CD cheaper than the Jaguar Dealer? Theirs is $300. Thanks for any direction you can give me.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Maurice, probably this question would be answered better in a forum pertaining to your model. Try to ask it here:

XK / XKR ( X150 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Old 03-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ololly,
I'm considering buying a 2016 XF-S AWD and noticed that you have a 2016 XF-R AWD. I'm interested in your experience with the 2016 XF model around "reliability" and whether you have had infotainment, electrical or other such issues? Thanks

Old 03-06-2018, 01:41 PM
GGG
Received 16,760 Likes on 12,149 Posts

Originally Posted by Maurice Nash
I've only had my 2007 XK for a couple of months. I've found a couple of bugs I wonder if someone else has had also. .....
Welcome to the forum Maurice,

I've moved your question from US Midwest Region to X150 forum. This is the place to post technical questions about your model.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 03-06-2018, 02:16 PM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like you might need a new battery.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Maurice Nash
I've only put about 1,200 miles on the XK since I bought it but 4 times when started the entire information screen is completely dark, nothing works. I have turned the ignition off and restarted and usually it comes on the second or third try. I hope this isn't the start of an expensive repair. If anyone has had these same issues and know of a fix please let me know. I don't find the owners manual very "user friendly", it doesn't even show the trunk CD Player. Also is there somewhere to get an updated Navigation CD cheaper than the Jaguar Dealer? Theirs is $300. Thanks for any direction you can give me.
Per CD player, only the one in the dash hold and plays CD's. Pretty much all of these generation CD players crap out after a couple years. Mine has a rap CD from the last guy in it. Dang near jumped out of the seat when I accidentally started the CD...

Refer the nav screen staying blank is a sign the battery may be going out. Check the voltage after it sits overnight, should be 12.5 or better. Are you running it daily or at least keeping a charge maintainer on it?

The NAV CD is update able from Volvo of all people. Same system. There's a thread in this sub forum about it with the correct part numbers.

My suggestion is to read all the threads back through 2017 or even earlier at your convenience. You'll learn a huge amount of the most common problems with these cars and be money ahead when bad things do happen.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,132 Likes on 3,379 Posts

Welcome, Maurice. This Forum is a great resource of information and helpful members. Because your 2007 XK is now over 10 years old, many questions have already been asked and answered. So learn to use the Advanced Search function as a first step to find answers.

Many weird electrical glitches happen when a battery isn't fully charged. Always lock your car, even when parked in the garage, to shut down the convenience mode computers and preserve your battery. Invest in a CTEK brand battery maintainer. And don't worry if someone tells you that one of your backup lights is out.

Post some pix of your new ride!

Old 03-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Maurice, thanks to GGG, you can download the owners manual for an 08 XK here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zwfh7f..._02_30_101.pdf

It's not much different than your 07 and it has several pages on the CD player. There are a few types of CD's that will not play (by design due to copyright infringement.) If you have the multi CD player installed, loading and unloading is surprisingly complicated at first blush.

CD player info starts on page 250