Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   US Southwest (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-southwest-37/)
-   -   Anyone near Albuquerque (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-southwest-37/anyone-near-albuquerque-75021/)

JAGer bomb 06-13-2012 02:44 AM

Anyone near Albuquerque

Just wondering! maybe a meet or photo shoot!!

norumba 07-18-2012 12:14 AM

newbie here in Alb, looking to purchase my first used Jag soon!

twoell76 07-23-2012 12:11 AM

Albuquerque Jag Owner

I live in Albuquerque - South Valley - and have a 2000 XK8 Convertible. Would love to get together with other Jag owners here.

Does anyone in ABQ know of a reputable Jag mechanic other than Malloy Jaguar?

norumba 07-23-2012 02:20 AM

hi twoell,
nice to meet you!
it would be great to meet up -- im finalising the deal on the X Type in a few days!

As to mechanics, I hear of a guy named Dr. Jaguar, semi-retired, but dont know much about him. I get the impression that he does more customization and restoration than regular maintenance.

I had a nice chat with the current service manager at Melloy, he was helpful and seems to know his stuff, so i feel fairly comfortable taking the car into him when its time.

JAGer bomb 07-23-2012 05:12 PM

Hi all! Yes i know about Dr. Jag he is located on Yale i believe , close to UNM. Id love to meet up with you two and have a photo shoot or just go cruising...

norumba 07-23-2012 05:58 PM

That would be fun...as soon as mine is official, I' m game!

JAGer bomb 07-26-2012 07:12 PM

Sounds like a plan then!! what year is your x type going to be? and what color?

norumba 07-26-2012 08:20 PM

hi, JAGerbomb,
it will be 2005, bottle green, 45K miles on it. I have to sell my 1996 Rav 4 to make it happen, so if you know of anyone looking for a good car for their kid, let me know :)

I have a deposit on the jag, and hes giving me a few weeks to put it together. Here's from his ad:
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...60044916_n.jpg

an alternative plan is looking at a much older, but much cheaper '96 XJ6 supercharged... Im worried about the maintenance and skill set required on that piece although i wouldnt have to cough up the Rav to get it.

Something will shake out soon!

I know there is another new member on these broads from NM , Gray XK... we should definitely have a meetup!

randyk 08-12-2012 11:14 PM

I'm in Albuq too. Just got my XK8 in April. Maybe get together at the Owl Cafe some Saturday for lunch?

norumba 08-13-2012 06:44 PM

Im official , so I'm in... lets do it! :)

JAGer bomb 08-13-2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by randyk (Post 562361)
I'm in Albuq too. Just got my XK8 in April. Maybe get together at the Owl Cafe some Saturday for lunch?

I didnt know owl cafe was still open? but yea lets come up with a time and date!

twoell76 08-13-2012 11:31 PM

The Owl Cafe. Is that still on Eubank near Hotel Circle? Lunch some Saturday sounds like fun. Would love to meet my fellow ABQ jag owners. I'll be on the East Coast from 9/5-9/11 or so, return date may change to later on, but other than that I am wide open for a meet.

twoell76 08-13-2012 11:38 PM

Norumba, Congrats on your new Jag. I checked out your web site, Pray4brain.com, and I like your music. Not a musician myself, I am somewhat involved in the ABQ Blues music scene. I'm a member of the Blues Foundation (blues.com) and the NM Blues Society (nmbluessociety.com) and am starting to get involved with setting up some Blues events. Since I am now retired from the work-a-day world, I now have to time to devote to this stuff. I hope we can all get together for lunch? drinks? whatever...I'm game.

twoell76 08-13-2012 11:49 PM

Just had some work done on my XK8 @ Malloy Jaguar. Both Joe (service mgr.) and Cory (parts mgr) are very knowledgeable, courteous, and trustworthy. The best part was, surprise, the bill came in way under the estimate.
I will check out Dr. Jag though and see what he has to offer. Look forward to meeting you guys.

JAGer bomb 09-03-2012 06:23 PM

Okay so I visited Dr jag.... He works on your car by appointment only FYI. So anyways I went and well let's just say I found out why he's called Dr jag! He is VERY knowledgable, I popped my hood and he could already tell that so many thing were wrong with my car.... Which is bad, so he plugs in his code reader and A LOT of codes popped up, my car hasn't been running well for a while and well it needs quite a bit of work... About 3kto 5k worth ! So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. He said that with that if I do the 5k of work it would last me another 140k miles. But I don't know , we will see.... But I do recommend him! He is a really cool guy and boy does he know about these cars!

norumba 09-04-2012 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by JAGer bomb (Post 574760)
Okay so I visited Dr jag.... He works on your car by appointment only FYI. So anyways I went and well let's just say I found out why he's called Dr jag! He is VERY knowledgable, I popped my hood and he could already tell that so many thing were wrong with my car.... Which is bad, so he plugs in his code reader and A LOT of codes popped up, my car hasn't been running well for a while and well it needs quite a bit of work... About 3kto 5k worth ! So I'm not sure what I'm going to do. He said that with that if I do the 5k of work it would last me another 140k miles. But I don't know , we will see.... But I do recommend him! He is a really cool guy and boy does he know about these cars!

Cool to know your experience was good, so far. I hear mixed feedback about the dr jag shop, but not re his knowledge base or expertise on them. i may pay him a visit some day just to suss it out. Is it the 2002 X type you took in ?

Originally Posted by twoell76 (Post 562968)
Norumba, Congrats on your new Jag. I checked out your web site, Pray4brain.com, and I like your music. Not a musician myself, I am somewhat involved in the ABQ Blues music scene. I'm a member of the Blues Foundation (blues.com) and the NM Blues Society (nmbluessociety.com) and am starting to get involved with setting up some Blues events. Since I am now retired from the work-a-day world, I now have to time to devote to this stuff. I hope we can all get together for lunch? drinks? whatever...I'm game.

thanks for checking it out! Nice that youre involved in the music scene here....I actually used the Jag in a sequence for our video pitch, lol ..

Originally Posted by twoell76 (Post 562968)
Just had some work done on my XK8 @ Malloy Jaguar. Both Joe (service mgr.) and Cory (parts mgr) are very knowledgeable, courteous, and trustworthy. The best part was, surprise, the bill came in way under the estimate.
I will check out Dr. Jag though and see what he has to offer. Look forward to meeting you guys.

I've had good luck with them as well. I ve only had the car since July but it already needed rear brakes and an oil change. Theyre ve been very good about getting me in, letting me know of future issues - front brakes need to be looked at before too long, for example -- which helps me to plan and budget. I like having the work done by the offiicial dealership ,as if theres any issue or problem, there is a good chain to bark up if need be. So far they havent tried to upsell -- if anything , theyre helping me figure what can be done at what stage to help manage the cost. Thats exemplary service and care in my book.

Nice waiting area, i take my laptop and get some work done. :)

indeed, give a shout or a post when youre back in town, and lets all meet up!

twoell76 11-24-2012 04:14 PM

Whatever happened to our ABQ Jag meet?
Norumba, funny you should mention your Jag being in a music video...mine will be in one also. We are hoping to shoot it this coming week...I will also be in it, doing some silent acting - cool! My 1st acting role. The video will be to promote a Spanish, machata beat, version of Jefferson Starship's "Runaway." In the video my Jag will be being washed by another actor, so if you see a "filthy" red XK8 Convertible around town, it's mine...filthy until after the video shoot.

Wagon master 11-25-2012 07:07 AM

Also in Albuquerque

Hi guys,
I am also in Albuquerque with my 1976 XJ6L. Love to meet up.

FSmith0611 11-29-2012 07:43 PM

I'm in Albuquerque and joined the forum today. I have an 85 XJS HE

randyk 11-29-2012 09:50 PM

Sounds like its time to pick a date and time. I propose noon time next Saturday Dec 8 at the Owl Cafe. The food is good, the location is convenient (right off I-40 at Eubank) and they seem pretty car friendly. I'd love to see that 85 XJS...