Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   US Southwest (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-southwest-37/)
-   -   Jaguars in New Mexico (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-southwest-37/jaguars-new-mexico-98889/)

richzak 07-17-2013 12:10 AM

Jaguars in New Mexico

Anybody else own a Jaguar XK or XKR in New Mexico?

elic9 10-02-2013 04:58 PM

Xjr

I am in Texas.. 2002 XJR.

dtony 12-24-2013 05:15 AM

Xjs

I live in ABQ and have a 90 XJS.

Tony

trchaves 08-21-2014 04:43 PM

Rio Rancho

Greetings all NM. Jag owners. I am new to the Jag world, but not the area. Are there any Jag related events here? Any good places for parts? Any good Jag mechanics, for when it gets over my head?

gr8punkin 08-27-2014 03:45 PM

Hi, I'm in ABQ (no idea about good independent jag techs in the area) you didn't mention which Jaguar you have, or if you have anything in need of repair. I just fished the rear end out of a 96 vandem plas at the u-pull and pay. Not bad for under $300 spindle to spindle with everything still attached.

trchaves 08-27-2014 04:24 PM

2000 Jaguar XK8

Yes I have loads of problems and repairs needed.

Currently I am working on finding a replacement solenoid for the convertible top. So far I have found it is made by Rapa a German company. It is not listed as a separate part from the pump, so I find everyone wants to sell me a full pump, or refurbish my pump, but no one seems to know where the solenoid is to be found. Google searches bring up Rapa, being Easter Island, and a company Itt. I have left several messages with the latter in hopes of finding a replacement solenoid.

Another issue is the GPS system I pulled out and replaced with a Garmin Nuvi.
All went well until I found the White wire with the red stripe recommended in the Youtube video on this matter has no power. It is supposted to have power on starting the car, but alas NO! As a work around, I tapped into the cigarette lighter power which now also has no power!

Then there is the radio... it seems to work fine. CD changer works, am works, FM... no. It will scan for stations, just not find any. I checked out the back of the radio... the antenna is attached, and goes up on turning on the radio. It is plugged in. Just nothing on FM. I am considering a Pyle 7" DVD GPS with pop out screen (single DIN) to replace it.

It is not asking for a code (which I have). It has some weird phone buttons. There is some settings that are weird also. Something about GPS max power...???

Then the fog light with broken glass...

The leather center counsel with a tear, the drivers side leather arm with cracked up surface.

The wood has cracks in it... but looks OK that way.

Dents... many little dents. Plus a larger one SOMEONE left me the day I registered it!

When I get the solenoid replaced, I will fix what ever is leaking on the drivers side convertible hydrolics. It could be the hose, the fitting, or the lift arm.

This car drives great though!

Oh yeah, I have to find my wifes steamer to remove a crappy rear window tinting job.

So, it` you have an tips, parts, junk cars that have the right parts let me know!

gr8punkin 08-28-2014 02:16 PM

That is a list of issues, and most of them seem to be electrical. I recently worked with a local shop when the computer for my wife's dodge magnum needed to be reflashed, and I was impressed with their knowledge and confidence with auto electrics. I can PM you their contact info if you would like.

trchaves 08-29-2014 02:50 PM

I called them...

Called Hogans, the guy said Hogan was in the lot talking to someone, but he thought they could fix the soleniod. I did find the company that makes the solenoid, but no luck contacting them yet. They have an American factory, but I havenot found how to contact them yet.

elic9 08-31-2014 09:01 AM

car

Mine is XJ8 not XJR..

In El Paso, TX

kramzerreitug 02-23-2015 04:46 PM

Hey there, maybe some others in Albuquerque/Santa Fe? Recently went with some friends on a "dream car" road trip. Maybe a day trip or overnight with all Jags?
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...874bd15cde.jpg

dtony 02-24-2015 03:43 AM

Looks fun. Hope it was. The jaguar club went to the atomic museum last week. Great turnout.

Tony

kramzerreitug 02-25-2015 11:55 AM

I wanna go to the Atomic museum! How do I contact your club?