US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Kearney Mesa Jaguar Closing (San Diego)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kearney Mesa Jaguar Closing (San Diego)

(Webmaster: This thread really needs to be seen by as many Jaguar folks in So-Cal as possible. I had no warning of the closing until I showed up at the dealership).

Kearney Mesa Jaguar in San Diego is closing next week.

I went to pick up a part and was met with boarded off areas and chain link fences. The service and parts department were still open. ALL the cars on the lot are gone - apparently trucked off to other Jaguar dealerships in the Southwest.

The remaining employees are NOT happy at all. If they hope to transfer to another Jaguar dealership they have been informed they will not be grandfathered into the system and will have to re-interview again.

There is an attempt to open a new Jaguar Dealership in the same area ASAP.

Fingers crossed...

Old 01-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

I ran into the same mess a few weeks ago, posted it somewhere in here - in the Western US section - I may be wrong, but I think San Diego belongs to that area's section of the forum.

Anyway... I immediately asked the service receptionist for printouts of the full service history on my XJ8 and, thankfully, they didn't blink - five minutes later I had the copies.

I sure hope someone picks up the ball here in San Diego. I continue to intend to do all the service/repairs I can myself, but having a local shop (and parts) can be a necessity at times.

My fingers are also crossed.

Last edited by QuadManiac; 01-15-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:18 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sucks that they wont be grandfathered in. They lose their seniority, I'm sure they'll start back at the bottom of the payscale.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadManiac
I ran into the same mess a few weeks ago, posted it somewhere in here - in the Western US section - I may be wrong, but I think San Diego belongs to that area's section of the forum.

Anyway... I immediately asked the service receptionist for printouts of the full service history on my XJ8 and, thankfully, they didn't blink - five minutes later I had the copies.

I sure hope someone picks up the ball here in San Diego. I continue to intend to do all the service/repairs I can myself, but having a local shop (and parts) can be a necessity at times.

My fingers are also crossed.
QuadManiac,

When was living in San Diego, there was a pretty good indepent shop in Mission Valley near the I-5 and I-8 interchange. I forgot the name of the place though. Also, there might be another Jaguar repair shop on Morena Blvd North of the I-5 and Garnet exit.

Good luck,

Mike

Old 01-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Blame Tata

I read somewhere that Tata have a big 'initiative' right now to reduce pay at Jaguar dealers by slashing the starting pay.
It doesn't take much to realise why they won't carry over the experience of relocated staff.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wesloh in Carlsbad is opening a Jag dealership. If you are in San Diego, it is about a 25 miles drive north up the I-5/ Should be fully up and functional by fall 2010. Also, I have had good luck with Jags Unlimited in San Marcos.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by JustNiz
I read somewhere that Tata have a big 'initiative' right now to reduce pay at Jaguar dealers by slashing the starting pay.
It doesn't take much to realise why they won't carry over the experience of relocated staff.

Dealers are privately owned. Unless there is something *really* weird going on with franchise agreements, Tata, Jaguar Cars, and Jaguar USA wouldn't have anything to do with controlling employee pay plans.

Cheers
DD

Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by f14tomcat
The remaining employees are NOT happy at all. If they hope to transfer to another Jaguar dealership they have been informed they will not be grandfathered into the system and will have to re-interview again.

Dealers are independantly owned. Unless the same person/company owns multiple dealerships there wouldn't be any hope of "grandfathering" or transfering anyway. If you work at a dealer you are working for *that* dealer only and not for the manufacturer or any other dealer.

Too bad for the employees, though. The car business is tough these days. After 30+ years of continuous employment at dealerships I lost my job....and openings elsewhere are few and far between. I got out of the business.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another hit to the Jag community is Northside Imports Inc no longer carries Jaguar products! I used to use them all the time for my 96 a few years ago. Went there last week to pickup some parts I want to replace and was informed they no longer carry the brand.

BUMMER!