US Southwest AZ, TX, NM, OK

Now that Park Place (Dallas/Plano) has moved...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 10:28 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Now that Park Place (Dallas/Plano) has moved...

I dropped in to my Park Place dealership in Plano,TX the other day and ....it's closed since they moved to Grapevine. So, I'm curious if you're a PP customer in Dallas/Plano, have you tried the dealership at 75 near Royal? How is customer service? Anyone from Dallas done the drive out to Grapevine for service?

Old 07-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 549 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by allenman85
I dropped in to my Park Place dealership in Plano,TX the other day and ....it's closed since they moved to Grapevine. So, I'm curious if you're a PP customer in Dallas/Plano, have you tried the dealership at 75 near Royal? How is customer service? Anyone from Dallas done the drive out to Grapevine for service?
I bought my XK there and had some service done there. Great guys and gals. I am disappointed they closed. I have not been to Grapevine and probably won't ever go there but I am planning on using the Dallas dealer when required.

Do you have a favorite Indy shop you use around here?

Old 07-11-2017, 06:22 PM
Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by shemp
No. There is a guy in Plano who keeps contacting me via direct mail. Says he's Jag only but other than him I have no references

Old 07-11-2017, 06:31 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 389 Posts

I've bought two Jags from Brad at Plano, P/P...I understand due to JLR NA corporate scheme..that the goal is to merge all Land Rover and Jaguars dealers into one dealership, in their areas across the US. In my area, Jaguar of OKC was acquired by Bob Moore and went to where the Bob Moore Land Rover dealer was..could go the other way too I suppose.

And now I must drive further for service.

Old 07-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by allenman85
No. There is a guy in Plano who keeps contacting me via direct mail. Says he's Jag only but other than him I have no references
I think i know who you are talking about. I got a business card on my windshield from him. I researched him on the web but didn't find much. Can't find his card now tho.... I need a water pump replacement and not sure if i want to do it or not.

Originally Posted by DPK
I've bought two Jags from Brad at Plano, P/P...I understand due to JLR NA corporate scheme..that the goal is to merge all Land Rover and Jaguars dealers into one dealership, in their areas across the US. In my area, Jaguar of OKC was acquired by Bob Moore and went to where the Bob Moore Land Rover dealer was..could go the other way too I suppose.

And now I must drive further for service.
Me too. About 20 miles more. Could be worse tho.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I went to PP in Plano to look for a new F-PACE and found they moved, Im in Frisco so thats a bit of drive about the same as Dallas Jaguar ( that where my car came from) I did drive out the Grapevine location, let me tell ya, you really must need to go there if you make the journey to get there is was not easy to get there from the highway, you really need to know where you are going.

also on the plus side the Land Rover here in Frisco on Preston told me that they are starting construction on the Jaguar Side of the business so once that goes in Ill be going there.

DP

Old 08-07-2017, 08:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DPinTX
I went to PP in Plano to look for a new F-PACE and found they moved, Im in Frisco so thats a bit of drive about the same as Dallas Jaguar ( that where my car came from) I did drive out the Grapevine location, let me tell ya, you really must need to go there if you make the journey to get there is was not easy to get there from the highway, you really need to know where you are going.

also on the plus side the Land Rover here in Frisco on Preston told me that they are starting construction on the Jaguar Side of the business so once that goes in Ill be going there.

DP
good to hear they are opening a jag dealer in frisco. Thanks for the info

Old 05-14-2018, 06:33 PM
Received 89 Likes on 42 Posts

I know this is an old thread and I'm a new member, buuuuuut...

I started my shopping experience at the Jaguar on Royal and 75. The building is currently under construction, and the offices are a little cramped because of it. It doesn't have the luxury high line auto feel I've come to expect from other dealers like Sewell and Park Place. Disclaimer: I used to work at Crest before they moved, and though they were among the older buildings in the region, the show floor and open lot was very nice and expansive.

Anyway, my take was that the people I spoke to were very bored and seemed to not care about me or my request to check out the two XKs they had (the one list online that I came in for was apparently sold and they had a second that wasn't online, but was scheduled for a demo). It was a very cold impression compared to the experiences I've had at Sewell, Park Place, Crest, and several independent dealers. I'm hoping that their service is better, but I couldn't get any information from the two guys I spoke to about PPI costs and what's covered, whether they've got anymore XK stock incoming on the horizon, etc.

I wish I had a better experience, but it was just cold and the whole operation looked frumpy for a hi-line auto dealership.

I've used Passport Motors (Plano, off 75 near Spring Creek) in the past for work on my Volvo S60 and they seemed very competent. I got the 60K mileage work and a tranny flush done there.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:01 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It would be worth your time and effort to drive to the Jaguar of Frisco location. You can ask for Erick Roman let him know Dennis Pedini referred you. The customer service is excellent and the dealer is one of the tops in awards for customer service. The Dallas location is having some issues your not the first one to say somthing about it.

DP

Old 05-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 671 Likes on 334 Posts

It would be worth your time and effort to drive to the Jaguar of Frisco location. You can ask for Erick Roman let him know Dennis Pedini referred you. The customer service is excellent and the dealer is one of the tops in awards for customer service. The Dallas location is having some issues your not the first one to say somthing about it.

DP
I can confirm that the guys up in Frisco seem to have it together. My two trips up there, 1st to buy my XKR from David Huckabee (salesman), second to try and activate my reverse park assist camera Dustin Huckabee (service staff) were both great experiences, yes they are brothers. Although I did not leave with my camera operational, they didn't even charge me after working on it for well over an hour. I have since got it going myself... But if I need the dealer in the future its seems to be worth the drive to Frisco. Just my two cents...

Old 05-17-2018, 08:25 AM
Received 89 Likes on 42 Posts

DP
Thanks man. I called them about a 2011 they had listed online and they said it's at their Austin dealership. I can't believe my luck so far with the branded dealers. All of the independent ones I've been have been great so far. No high pressure tactics, easy access to the car and test drives, friendly conversations. Branded ones seem so... disconnected. :-/

Old 02-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an older post but I just joined so I thought I would share my experience. I got my Jag from PP in Plano. Was a bit unhappy when them moved to Grapevine but I've always received good service from them so I do the drive. Even though I live almost 40 miles away they have offered to come get my car for service. I didn't find it difficult to get to the new location at all. I've also been to the Jag of Frisco for service items: tire warning light came on and lost some of my "Jaguar" lettering on my truck - both times I had to go looking for someone to help me.