US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Looking for Las Vegas Mechanic for PPI

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Las Vegas Mechanic for PPI

I'm considering buying a Jaguar XK8 in Las Vegas but I live in Atlanta, GA area. So, can you make some recommendations for a qualified mechanic to perform a PPI in Vegas. Or, if any member who is very good at evaluating a XK8 (2005) who wants to either make a little extra scotch money or a donation to your favorite charity, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 11-05-2017, 05:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

id just recommend you take it to Jaguar Las Vegas on Sahara ave and have it looked over. I am sure there would be a fee but money well spent.

The following users liked this post:
DrinkMan (11-05-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should try DESERT OASIS EURO on rainbow..much cheaper rates and i found them much more thorough than the local Vegas dealer.

DrinkMan (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Received 6,250 Likes on 5,450 Posts

When I had mine done JLV said they no longer did PPI's.
Sorry I can't recall who I used in the end.

Old 11-14-2017, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure I want to pursue the car due to price and questions I had about some details but I appreciate the reference. (in case you are wondering, it is the 2005 Seafrost Green on on eBay. My wife loves the color. I like the fact it does not have Navigation. But right now we will keep looking.... but if any of you have intimate knowledge of that car, a PM would be interesting)

Old 11-19-2017, 10:45 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DrinkMan
I'm considering buying a Jaguar XK8 in Las Vegas but I live in Atlanta, GA area. So, can you make some recommendations for a qualified mechanic to perform a PPI in Vegas. Or, if any member who is very good at evaluating a XK8 (2005) who wants to either make a little extra scotch money or a donation to your favorite charity, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Dan
I would absolutely recommend Las Vegas Jaguar/Land Rover. I live in Vegas and John (a service writer/manager) there is a personal friend (my neighbor) and has so helped me out on my 2001 XKR. They have what may be the best Jag mechanic in Vegas- certainly the most experienced at the dealer level- who worked with Gaudin Jag for many years as their chief tech and knows this era car well. I think he has 20+ years in on Jags.

Las Vegas Jaguar is owned by Findlay who has a good rep in town for leaving the dealer to do his work and not meddling by trying to make everything fit a profit template- the thing that ruins dealers in my view.

Brad

DrinkMan (11-19-2017)
Old 03-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the input.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Small update on Vegas Jag mechanic info. So I took my XKR in for replacement headlamps, I bought them and asked Las VEgas Jag to just do the labor. They were willing to do that. Now I have a issue with the ABS module (as everyone does) and I am buying a rebuilt one and having them do ONLY the labor- no argument from them about that. The Jag part new was $2500 and the rebuilt one $215. Labor is $400

Brad