US Western AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Need upholsterer in Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need upholsterer in Bay Area

1990 XJ6 Vanden Plas needs some interior upholstery and trim work. Any recommendations for the Bay Area? I live in Half Moon Bay, but go to San Francisco weekly.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 304 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by wmlaven
1990 XJ6 Vanden Plas needs some interior upholstery and trim work. Any recommendations for the Bay Area? I live in Half Moon Bay, but go to San Francisco weekly.

I highly recommend "Super Auto Upholstery" in Hayward, CA I purchased a used Vaden Plas front/rear seats and reupholstered all the parts your body touches in leather, did all four door panels, sectioned my rear seats as my car is an S-type, one foot narrower than the stock Vanden Plas, new carpets including the trunk, new headliner, console with cup holders and it was half of the what one shop quoted and more than 1/3 of what another shop quoted. They do great work, but get on their wait list which is usually 1-2 months out but well worth it.

On an S-type they even used the same vertical design of the seats into the door panels and custom made the pockets per my input. Tell Jesse or Frank the guy with the blue 1963 Stype Jag referred you. You can PM me for more details

Attached Thumbnails Need upholsterer in Bay Area-dsc04773.jpg   Need upholsterer in Bay Area-dsc04760.jpg   Need upholsterer in Bay Area-dsc04768.jpg   Need upholsterer in Bay Area-dsc04762.jpg  

Last edited by primaz; 04-21-2017 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the recommendation and the photos confirm they're a superb shop. What a gorgeous interior. I'm not sure my car deserves so much work, but I'll certainly contact them about the small repairs I'd like done. Congrats on your beautiful Jag.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:24 AM
Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

You might also want to check out Metzel Auto Upholstery on 12th Street in the City. Reviews on Yelp however are mixed. I had a convertible top done at BK Upholstery in Cotati and it was awesome. They take pride in their work. Google them up and contact Brad with your needs.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:33 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check them out.