Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   US Western (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-western-38/)
-   -   Suspect Ripoff by Repair for XK8 Convertible Hawaii- PLEASE HELP! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/us-western-38/suspect-ripoff-repair-xk8-convertible-hawaii-please-help-153223/)

JagXK8Jewel2004 11-13-2015 11:40 AM

Suspect Ripoff by Repair for XK8 Convertible Hawaii- PLEASE HELP!

This is a call out to any local Hawaii based members, we have a new member who looks like they've been ripped off by local shop......anyone help?

Aloha, I am in Hawaii. Dreamed of owning a E type Jag since I was a little girl in Wales U.K. Recession took Mercedes n Durango but I still have my 2004 XK8, 50,000 miles. Had a shop EAS here in Hawaii for repairs. All was well until the father sold it to his son. Before that the car wouldn't start and father worked on gears. He quoted 1500.00 and as usual it was a thousand more to get it back.I paid $2500.00. However the gears resisted going into drive n the car died again. Luckily I could pull over. I Towed the car back but owner of European Auto Services (EAS) said he sold the company n could not warranty that work. He told me his son now owned the company, take it to him. I did and they said they had no record of my car, they were different and I had to pay all over again to fix gears. I resisted but had no other options. I paid another $2500.00. Ouch, I am a widow and barely getting by but took out a loan to repair the car. His son said his new company Getzinger Motorworks would fix my gears/transmission $2500.00 more. When I picked up the car they wanted my money before I could test it. I paid. It was slow to start. As I drove away the inside lights with lots of wires fell into my face. I went back. Son put contact cement to quickly adhere it back on. Drove away, headlights would not come on, and rear view mirror fell into my face. Went back, they said bring it in next week. My door padding had separated from the door panels, and my roof locks grind metal on metal trying to put the roof down. I had paid $5000 the year before in CA for my roof to work. There was nothing wrong with it before they worked on the car. Also my passenger seat will not move in response to the auto controls. I noticed my gear light blinking and now I have no gears past drive. S switch disabled.I called they said they replaced my transmission not my gears and I have to pay another $2500. I said but all this worked before YOU worked on it. The owner said I paid $2500 for gears from park to drive but not past drive. He needed another $2500 for gears from drive thru 4,3,2. I put it back in, paid another $2500, picked it up and now gears don't work at all past drive and S button doesn't light up. I told them it is worse now they said " we replaced your transmission, not your gears" WHAT??? Can anyone explain this to me please!!!

JimC64 11-14-2015 06:00 AM

Anyone??