Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   VENDOR Threads (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/vendor-threads-31/)
-   -   Eurocharged Stage 1 Package Group Buy! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/vendor-threads-31/eurocharged-stage-1-package-group-buy-106003/)

Eurocharged 11-07-2013 12:44 PM

Eurocharged Stage 1 Package Group Buy!

Hi Guys,

We are going to have an introductory group buy for our Stage 1 package. The kit includes our ECU Tune and the supercharger pulley. We will offer the package at $800 once we get 10 people to commit. If we get 20, then the price will drop to $700!!

We can tune the ECU's two ways. You can either ship us your ECU and we program it and ship it back to you. Or, we can send a loaner tool that will allow you to flash the tune without having to take the ECU out of the car. Either way you choose, shipping costs will be paid by the customer. Those of you wanting to use the loaner tool, we will charge a $1000 deposit and once we receive the tuning tool back, we will refund you the deposit.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

If you want to order, please post your name below and contact us for payment.

Thanks,

R_Rated 11-07-2013 01:10 PM

Can you post some dyno's with AFR for with & without pulley's?

Eurocharged 11-07-2013 02:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by R_Rated (Post 850150)
Can you post some dyno's with AFR for with & without pulley's?

Here you go. From 2 we did last week.

DGL 11-07-2013 09:23 PM

Sweet. Who's in...

JimC64 11-08-2013 10:08 AM

Cool offer Eurocharged, thanks.

I'm sure it'll get plenty of interest......

Bruce H. 11-19-2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Eurocharged (Post 850253)
Here you go. From 2 we did last week.

There were some questions about your service, and those particular tunes and results that you might want to address here... https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...y-combo-98134/

Bruce

Schwabe 02-11-2014 12:51 PM

has this GB ever come together or is it still open?

DGL 02-12-2014 07:02 AM

I believe it is open. I'm waiting until the spring to have my car done. I called Jerry in the fall and he said he would honor the GB price.

Schwabe 02-12-2014 07:37 AM

I am certainly in if it is still ongoing.

Matt in Houston 02-12-2014 08:43 AM

You guys are going to love it. The tune/pulley is awesome. Car PULLS so hard on the freeway. Traction is definitely an issue at lower speeds, I lost traction shifting into third a while back.

Good luck gentlemen.

DGL 02-12-2014 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 909815)
You guys are going to love it. The tune/pulley is awesome. Car PULLS so hard on the freeway. Traction is definitely an issue at lower speeds, I lost traction shifting into third a while back.

Good luck gentlemen.

I loose traction now shifting into third. I might need to put some spikes on my tires...

Schwabe 02-12-2014 10:43 AM

rolling in a straight line at 30mph in D with traction in normal and no dynamic mode the car breaks lose when you floor it, EVERYTIME.

I do not think that the additonal power will do anyhting .... I just have to "have" it ....

Matt in Houston 02-12-2014 11:38 AM

When the temps warm up your tires will grip much better and at highway speeds believe me you will definitely feel a big difference.

It was somewhere over 70 degrees out a couple months ago when I punched it in second and at red line the up-shift to 3rd got me a bit sideways for a millisecond. Serious pucker effect as I wasn't expecting that at all. Much respect required or she will bite you.

My new tires are in and should be on Tuesday next week. Went with Michelin Pilot Super Sports with 305 in the rears. Should help some but I'm not expecting any miracles. The car is just powerful.

Schwabe 02-12-2014 11:58 AM

I am with you and as soon as the Ps are done I will also go to Michelin 305 Super Sports.

DGL 02-13-2014 08:54 AM

Read the thread and my #10 post: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...88/#post910373

So many questions...

With so much reserved power (fun) on reserve in the 5L SC engine and so many questions about what the tunes, and upgrades actually do, it is questionable what we are getting with a tune or upgrade from these performance shops. One of the tune or performance shops needs to step up and do things the right, defensible, known way as all customers expect.

Matt in Houston 02-13-2014 09:04 AM

DGL my honest suggestion to you is if you are that worried about it, then don't do it.

To me this is very basic tuning, conservative and proven. Based on my experience I would not call the Eurocharged tune half-ass in anyway. You may only have half of the answers to your specific questions, but that doesn't make the tune bad.

This topic has been beat to death but I supposed that's the way it will always be.

:icon_deadhorse:

Again, if you're not comfortable then just don't do it.

rickross 02-13-2014 10:07 AM

Jerry mentioned in an email that they will be doing a 2014 install this coming week and they should be able to verify that the pulley is perfect on 2014 models. I'm eager for the results and to get the package on my XKR. More is better!

DGL 02-13-2014 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston (Post 910543)
DGL my honest suggestion to you is if you are that worried about it, then don't do it.

To me this is very basic tuning, conservative and proven. Based on my experience I would not call the Eurocharged tune half-ass in anyway. You may only have half of the answers to your specific questions, but that doesn't make the tune bad.

This topic has been beat to death but I supposed that's the way it will always be.

:icon_deadhorse:

Again, if you're not comfortable then just don't do it.

It's not so much the worry, Matt. It's trying to understand what these tune and performance shops actually do for their money and why don't they lead with knowledge. What is their business model? Is it, thanks for your money, you're now aon your own with a product we sold you and don't completely understand? What I'm most confused about is why doesn't one of these shops do their due diligence to fully understand what they are doing. Come on, they can certainly measure what the TCU, pulley, and tune is doing through out the rpm range to understand their product better (what ever it is) or do they care? Are they interested in product development or just collecting money of selling a software map. Where did the map come from? I expect more from our product providers and to understand completely what they are selling. We as owners and customers deserve the respect.

Matt in Houston 02-13-2014 10:31 AM

I hear ya man....I guess the best answers will come from speaking directly to them or maybe even taking a visit out to see their operation. If you come to Houston let me know and we will go for a spin in my car.

I know everyone's comfort level is different, I deal with this on a daily basis selling oil and gas joint ventures. Sometimes its just not a good fit even after I have exhausted myself answering what seems like hundreds of questions.

I have had 4 different tunes over the last 8 years on different cars and the Eurocharged tune, so far, is one of if not the best I have had. The other tune that was really good was the Softronic tune on my 997 C2S. Both of my custom tunes from VF and MTI had some issues.

I wonder just how many XFR/XKR's Eurocharged has tuned. I haven't heard of a single issue yet with the tune, but I think I read someone had a pulley installed incorrectly a year or two ago. I believe it was an indy shop that did the pulley though...not sure.

Good luck brother, wish you the best.

DGL 02-13-2014 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by rickross (Post 910587)
Jerry mentioned in an email that they will be doing a 2014 install this coming week and they should be able to verify that the pulley is perfect on 2014 models. I'm eager for the results and to get the package on my XKR. More is better!

Absolutely, Rick. More is so much better. This is why we are XKR owners. No need to verify the pulley on the 2014 model. The 2014 model is the same is the 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010 models with regard to drive train and engine management. So, what is it that he is verifying?

I want him to verify exactly what the TCU is doing. Is the TCU mapped to bleed off boost if the torque gets too high to protect the transmission and at what levels. What other control modules are programmed to protect the hardware from excessive power output? As a software engineer, as you know, also, your systems need to be integrated seamlessly and the modules need to be designed cohesively to produce the desired results or you end up with Obama care.

Jerry needs to document and explain exactly what the tune does. If Eurocharge delivers a sound defensible product, I'm sure, the members on this form, including myself, will be more than good customers and promote his product. We need a full complete product.