Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   VENDOR Threads (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/vendor-threads-31/)
-   -   I'm outta here... but Nalley Jaguar continues on! (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/vendor-threads-31/im-outta-here-but-nalley-jaguar-continues-64356/)

nalleyjagparts 12-03-2011 06:19 AM

I'm outta here... but Nalley Jaguar continues on!

To All,

Recently, I was offered a position at another one of the Nalley dealerships that provides an opportunity for me to grow professionally and personally, so I accepted it. With a young child under 3, and another one on the way in April, I need to do what's best for my growing family. I'm sure you all understand.

I just want to say thanks to everyone at Jaguar Forums for your support of Nalley Jaguar during my tenure here as Parts Manager. It's truly been a pleasure to work with you, our customer. I have always tried to answer each email quickly, provide an accurate part at a fair price, and generally provide a superior parts buying experience all-around. At the end of the day, I see how much Nalley is name-dropped here on the forum and I feel I've accomplished growth of our business as well as providing a valued experience to you all.

The new man in charge of Nalley Jaguar parts is David Tapia. I'll try to get David logged on in the next few days to introduce himself. He has many years of parts experience and I've explained the Jaguar Forum discount arrangement to him.

Our other staff, Steve, Mark, and Mac, will remain here at Nalley. I'll still be at Jaguar for the next couple of weeks while David gets trained up on the managerial duties.

Once again, thank you all for your support!

joycesjag 12-03-2011 06:57 AM

Dan, you will be missed! Thank you for the pleasure of doing business with you.

I wish you well in your new journeys.

Good luck

JimC64 12-03-2011 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 168248

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts (Post 435840)
To All,

Recently, I was offered a position at another one of the Nalley dealerships that provides an opportunity for me to grow professionally and personally, so I accepted it. With a young child under 3, and another one on the way in April, I need to do what's best for my growing family. I'm sure you all understand.

I just want to say thanks to everyone at Jaguar Forums for your support of Nalley Jaguar during my tenure here as Parts Manager. It's truly been a pleasure to work with you, our customer. I have always tried to answer each email quickly, provide an accurate part at a fair price, and generally provide a superior parts buying experience all-around. At the end of the day, I see how much Nalley is name-dropped here on the forum and I feel I've accomplished growth of our business as well as providing a valued experience to you all.

The new man in charge of Nalley Jaguar parts is David Tapia. I'll try to get David logged on in the next few days to introduce himself. He has many years of parts experience and I've explained the Jaguar Forum discount arrangement to him.

Our other staff, Steve, Mark, and Mac, will remain here at Nalley. I'll still be at Jaguar for the next couple of weeks while David gets trained up on the managerial duties.

Once again, thank you all for your support!

Whoa Dan, just saw this post and seen that we're losing you, to another dealership, presumably Not Jaguar?

Firstly, I fully appreciate your comments on the promotion and how it affects your both personally and professionally....I truly wish you all the best in your new job Dan. I'm sure that you will pursue this with as much vigour and enthusiasm as you did at Nalley. We were lucky enough to be a part of that and get a better experiece in dealing with the dealerships because of it.

Thanks so much for that Dan.

You will be a great loss here Dan and missed by many. Your name in conjunction with Nalley, usually put out there as " Dan at NalleyJaguar" has been mentioned here in the forum many many times, ALWAYS in a positive manner.

We look forward to getting to know David and working together with him in the future.

You are always welcome here Dan, please feel free to drop by any time.

All the best for you and your family for the festive season and the future :icon_beerchug:

Jim

Cadillac 12-05-2011 03:48 AM

You have always helped people on these boards and I wish you have many happy business contracts and lucrative profits .
I am sure your successors will be also having a good job as you did :)

Norri 12-05-2011 06:53 AM

We'll be sorry to lose you Dan, I've never seen anything but positive comments about "Dan the man" at Nalley's and my personal experience has reinforced that.

All the best in your new position, I'm sure you will continue to be an assett to Nalley's.

David, we look forward to hearing from you on the forum, and dealing with you professionally,maybe you'ld like to stop by the new member area and introduce yourself?

Translator 12-05-2011 01:00 PM

Congratulations on your promotion Dan. I've only ever seen glowing reports about Dan the Man, around here.

Lets hope this continues with Dave the Deal.

We will miss you around here, all the best to you and your family for the future.

tarhealcracker 12-06-2011 10:46 AM

The world has no shortage of 80% performers either because they are unable to produce the last 20% or they just don't want to.

When you dealt with Dan you knew you were getting a "by God" 100% effort. While not exactly rare, these kind of people are nevertheless to be treasured and rewarded. Glad to see Nalley knows that.

Stuart S 12-06-2011 10:39 PM

Mixed Emotions

Dan,

When I learned of your leaving Nalley Jaguar for greener pastures at another Nalley dealership (Lexus?), I had mixed emotions. I'm sad to see you go since I won't be able to harass you over the counter when I come in for service. But I'm also glad for you that this is an opportunity to further your career and better provide for your family. The cream always rises to the top!

So - do you know the definition of mixed emotions? That's what the guy felt when he watched his mother-in-law drive his new XJR off the cliff!:icon_steer:

All the best!

Stuart

nalleyjagparts 12-07-2011 07:04 AM

Thank you for the high praise! To feel appreciated - by both my customers and by my company - truly feels great. As the saying goes, "just doing my job". :)

Again, Nalley Jaguar will remain a sponsor of this forum because it's a win-win for everyone. We're able to do business and customers are able to save money.

BTW, do any of you also own a Volvo? :)

BrownRobin 12-08-2011 05:16 PM

Dan,

Just wanted to drop a quick line and say thank you again for all of your help.

I had ordered various items from you and your team over the last few months and I am sure you probably remember me (replacement OEM Jaguar leather seat cover, OEM connectivity systems, and most recently the premium mocha carpet mat set for my S-type).

I wish you nothing but the best of luck.

P.S. - I plan to order the wood & leather steering wheel accessory soon. I look forwards to continuing to order from Nalley.

Best Regards

baycliffpwds 12-14-2011 04:11 PM

Congratulations

Congratulations on your new appointment. You will be missed here. Best wishes to you and your family.

Brutal 12-14-2011 04:57 PM

Ahem, i have a volvo too, but we're also a volvo dealer :) good luck, you know this business is a regurgitation and has lots of doors, some even revolve. Good luck on your new venture, at least your still foreign.
Merry christmas

sailross 01-24-2012 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts (Post 437465)
Thank you for the high praise! To feel appreciated - by both my customers and by my company - truly feels great. As the saying goes, "just doing my job". :)

Again, Nalley Jaguar will remain a sponsor of this forum because it's a win-win for everyone. We're able to do business and customers are able to save money.

Dan,

New member, just saw your post.

* 98 XK8
* 02 Volvo XC 70. We picked this up in Sweden, a wonderful experience. Located in Greensboro, GA near Lake Oconee.

Ross

exexpat 01-24-2012 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts (Post 437465)

I have exclusively owned Volvos until I bought the Jag and still moderate multiple Volvo forums. Need some ins to other Volvo sites?

unclerusty 01-31-2012 11:44 AM

sorry to see you leave but good luck on the new job. Hope everything works out for you... use an opportunity as a springboard for greater opportunities, if you are not moving ahead you are moving behind.

XJL 01-31-2012 03:19 PM

I recently placed an order for a bottom grille at Nally and spoke to Mark. The service was outstanding and the price with the free shipping was better than the two other places I checked, including the local dealer. It was shipped to my door in one week!

JimC64 01-31-2012 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 166707

Originally Posted by XJL (Post 463079)
I recently placed an order for a bottom grille at Nally and spoke to Mark. The service was outstanding and the price with the free shipping was better than the two other places I checked, including the local dealer. It was shipped to my door in one week!

Thanks for dropping by with the positive experience XJL.......good to know!

Stuart S 07-05-2012 02:14 PM

Nalley Jaguar Gone From Atlanta

Nalley Jaguar in Atlanta (Roswell) was recently purchased by Hennessy Auto Group. The former Nalley operations were moved to the Hennessy NorthPoint Land Rover / Jaguar dealership on Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell. That's a short distance from Nalley's previous location, which was closed. Some of the former Nalley employees are now employed by Hennessy.

It appears that Nalley's Greenville, SC Jaguar dealership is continuing to offer discounts on parts.

H20boy 07-31-2012 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S (Post 539803)
It appears that Nalley's Greenville, SC Jaguar dealership is continuing to offer discounts on parts.

That's definitely good news! Are they aware of 'the forum', and is there some supersecret password or a gatekeeper's name we need to ask for when calling? I don't want to be laughed at for implying some sort of 15% discount and free shipping if I spend more than $25. :)