Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Parking brake options

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 585 Likes on 392 Posts
Default Rear Parking brake options

I've been looking at the possibility of adding Jaguar Brembo rear brakes to an X-type. During my investigation I came across Tesla Brembo electric parking brakes. Turns out they have the same bolt pattern spacing as the STR rear Brembo cable driven calipers. The STR and some XKRs use 12mm wide solid rotors.
The Tesla calipers are for 20mm wide vented rotors. (Same as the XKR Silverstone rear rotors.) If the offset is correct, one could migrate to 20mm wide rotors.

The Tesla and Brembo Silverstone rear calipers I have fit nicely on the back of an STR hub carrier!
The Tesla parking calipers are going down to $115 a pair. (Could be these are recall era calipers at this price, but they are readily available and 1/2 the price of the STR Brembos.

Attached Thumbnails Rear Parking brake options-ebrake3.jpg   Rear Parking brake options-ebrake1.jpg   Rear Parking brake options-ebrake4.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Panthro (12-03-2017)