Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 Jag X-type 2.5l Problems/Help Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 Jag X-type 2.5l Problems/Help Guidance

Hello Guys:

New to this and have used this forum to help my brother with his x-type now that i am a new owner i guess i am going to be needing your help much faster than expected unfortunately. I have an 04 xtype 2.5 manual with 84k on it. Now where to start:

I have done quite a bit of research on the initial problem i have had with the car going in to limp mode and not revving passed 3000 rpms, i believe due to a vacuum leak. My mechanic had replaced the pcv hose and maf sensor, so i guess now the other two main causes are the imt seals or the brake booster hose. so lets hope that you guys great knowledge of that will get me out of that problem.

Now the other two problem:

Randomly today i was driving and the speedo completely dropped off and went to 0 and would not register again. Then while at a stop light i turned off the car and restarted it and the speedo worked properly again for a few blocks and then did the same thing and i solved it the same way again. This is the one that i could not find much on this problem so if you guys could give me any guidance that would be great!

Also the other problem is the infamous high pitched howling i guess between 20 to 30 mph esp on deceleration. I am not sure if i ever found a definitive answer on what this could be and even if it is possible to get a definitve answer. I will state this that it has been frigidly cold lately between -5 to 6 degrees for the last week or two. Once again any guidance on what this could be or how to fix this.

And has anyone had a problem with random stalling on your x-type mainly when slowing down using the compression of the engine between 3rd and 2nd or between 2nd and 1st gear? just curious if this is common both mine and my brothers xtypes have been doing this sporadically.

Trying to get as much of this solved as soon as possible because my mechanic who i just bought it from seems to be willing to fix everything with in a reasonable time frame of me purchasing the car which was last week.

Thanks a ton and if you need anymore information from me which i am sure you will let me know. Hopefully you guys have some great incite!