Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Accident Today - Hood Wont Open... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/accident-today-hood-wont-open-3986/)

SpartanX 01-21-2008 04:14 PM

Accident Today - Hood Wont Open...

I'm pretty angry, so i'll make a long story short. Car 1, Car 2, then Me. Car 1 stops short, car 2 slams on brakes, I hit car 2.

Damage is minimal, as we decided to shrug it off and call it a day. Well now, my hood won't open. The driver's side will pop up, but the passenger side will not and the latch in the middle isn't allowing me to pull up the hood.

Any ideas?

bojangles 01-21-2008 04:17 PM

RE: Accident Today - Hood Wont Open...

hopefully a litttle extra pull on the release cable will get it open,, then figure out what happened.

try to get under the dash, and use your fingers or pliers and pull a little farther on the cable.

a helper to push down on the corner of the hood to take the pressure off the latch might help it release also..
good luck.

Wonder if snow tires would have helped?

SpartanX 01-21-2008 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: bojangles
a helper to push down on the corner of the hood to take the pressure off the latch might help it release also..
which side should the helper sit? I'm going to try some of this stuff now because I really wanna get my friggin hood open. The lights all work and none of that was damaged, but I just want to further inspect to see if anything isn't normal.

Thanks for the tips...

SpartanX

bojangles 01-21-2008 04:27 PM

sit might be a bit agressive.... push down with the palm of your hand just above the latch that wont release.. at the same time pull the cable.

Dennis 01-21-2008 09:26 PM

Seems to be a epidemic of hood latch problems lately..I bet the cable came off the latch release like mine did...See the thread; "Please Help Me"

aquill1 01-23-2008 10:04 AM

Man sorry to hear about that sparty...luck hasn't been on your side of late...good luck fixing it...

bigdreams05 01-23-2008 02:10 PM

Sorry bout your accident man. Been there done that! Hopefully your repairs will go as smoothly as mine did.

aquill1 01-23-2008 02:39 PM

Reminds me biggie...you ever get your cus to pay?

SpartanX 01-23-2008 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

Seems to be a epidemic of hood latch problems lately..I bet the cable came off the latch release like mine did...
That's what it looks like. The driver's side is fine and will catch/release without a hitch. But that damn passenger side won't. I'm taking it somewhere friday. I don't feel like fumbling with it, and I rather blame someone else for bending the hood or chipping the paint. :D

At least there's no physical damage. I hate insurance companies so that would have been a pain in the ass to deal with.

aquill1 01-23-2008 09:04 PM

Oh so it didn't do anything other than make the hood stick?

SpartanX 01-23-2008 09:14 PM

Yeah no other damage. There's a 1/4 inch paint chip that I found, but other than that, no harm done.

aquill1 01-23-2008 09:18 PM

pics?

JimC64 01-24-2008 12:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 193813Attachment 193814Attachment 193815

Sounds like you got off lightly Spartan mate;)
Still a pain though I know

Jim