X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket double din nav..lets see them!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default aftermarket double din nav..lets see them!!

im thinking about putting in a aftermarket double din nav in my girls x type, right now she has a 6 disk changer in the trunk and there is no cd load spot inside the car, nice feature to have the changer but we both feel the center console is somewhat plane, and i think its a fair sacrifice changer for a 7' nav...
the price of a stock nav is just overpriced and aftermarket is obviously better for sound...depending on what you get..
i eventually want to toss in all new components and a 10" sub just for a little bass, as she loves to crank the tunes...i would say its going to be a surprise but shes on here too lol.

is there a steering wheel key adapter or would she loose the volume controls? i know the change disk would be useless because it wouldn't be hooked up unless i can find one with a compatible input that would be nice.
does the stock system have a amp or does it run totally off the deck?

---------------------------
on the caddys with bose there is a intense custom install for the aftermarket nav that involves cutting the stock deck and circuit boards in it to make a faceplate and housing and keep the DIC (driver info center) but you get to keep all the steering wheel key functions, built in odb2 reader and all the other features...pulling the stock deck and just slapping in a harness and aftermarket faceplate works but you loose all the features. another reason for doing this is the bose uses a bose amp which controls the volume on all the speakers and stock sub... so its either gut the whole system and build from scratch or grab the dremil and say goodbye to the stock deck, or use a clean sweep and build up from that..
----------------------------
am i in for a similar install with the jag????
lets see some pics!!!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 386 Likes on 284 Posts

take a look at my thread (my x-type projects and installs)

Old 07-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

got a link?
i cant believe no one else posted ...everyone have stock cd decks?