X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost giving up - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 02:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Almost giving up - RESOLVED

Hello guys great work here. Please i have been battling with my car for a while and i have put in so much money that i am almost giving up.
Whenever i try accelerating hard, once the RPM goes above 2000 the car starts jecking, if you keep trying to accelerate, it goes off.
NB: I have changed my fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter, fuel rail and nuzzles.

Anticipating everyones input, Thanks.

Last edited by GGG; 07-03-2017 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Add RESOLVED to thread title
Old 06-23-2017, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Namo,

Have you tried an OBDII scanner, it will pick up faults and may give you the right fault for your symptoms, plus putting up the spec of your car will highlight to others more info they can relate too, hang in there, the guys here are great.

Good luck, Stuart

Old 06-23-2017, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart Beattie
Hi Namo,

Have you tried an OBDII scanner, it will pick up faults and may give you the right fault for your symptoms, plus putting up the spec of your car will highlight to others more info they can relate too, hang in there, the guys here are great.

Good luck, Stuart
Thanks Stuart, I have details of my vehicle in my signature but it's a 2002 X Type 3.0 V6, Auto trans.
I tried scanning but no error code and my MIL is off.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

Watch fuel trims.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Does it do it in every gear once it reaches 2K rpms? Could it be something in the driveline or does it feel like it is more related to the engine?

You mention the check engine light is not on, but does it work? Does it go on when you first start the car it is going through its checks and then quickly goes off?

Could the fuel itself be suspect?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Also thinking about giving up

I have a 2002 3.0 X type.

It has the same problem. When I accelerate it after driving it for a while, it starts to loose power and eventually go out.

I have spent $.2,000.00 in repairs that would should have resolved the problem. I changed maf sensor, removed catalyc converters, change fuel pump, fuel filter, etc.

Nothing seems to work... If anyone has a solution I would be mostly grateful.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jorge Cruz
I have a 2002 3.0 X type.

It has the same problem. When I accelerate it after driving it for a while, it starts to loose power and eventually go out.

I have spent $.2,000.00 in repairs that would should have resolved the problem. I changed maf sensor, removed catalyc converters, change fuel pump, fuel filter, etc.

Nothing seems to work... If anyone has a solution I would be mostly grateful.
hello Jorge, I just finally resolved mine.
I bet it's the fuel pump as I also spent a lot of money before it finally worked. Mind you, I had already replaced my fuel pump twice since April this year but decided to get another pump last week, since then till date the car has been driving great and fuel economy is much better. I think our Jag is very sensitive with the type of fuel pumps we use. Hope this helps.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Already had this problem with mine. Ran good at low RPMs when cold, would cut out and die, especially when warmed up. Was told that it was a head gasket and would cost more than my car was worth to fix it.

Very complicated fix:
1) Open hood.
2) Look at engine. See the word Jaguar on it? Look back from the second A. You will find a black rubber hose plugged into the aluminum thing (technical term). Inspect hose where it goes into engine under the covering. You will probably find that the hose is split or the plastic thingie (another technical term) is broken off.

Go to auto parts store and spend 5 bucks on a replacement vacuum line.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Coils and plugs

Had same issue. Have a local parts store do the scan. Coils and plugs solved, several could sources online with widely varying costs. Search threads to find how, could be in the Sticky's 'Hot Topics', upper intake has to come off. Time consuming, technically basic.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by wforslund3
Had same issue. Have a local parts store do the scan. Coils and plugs solved, several could sources online with widely varying costs. Search threads to find how, could be in the Sticky's 'Hot Topics', upper intake has to come off. Time consuming, technically basic.
Thanks for your response. I solved this about a week ago. Turned out it was my fuel pump failing.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (07-03-2017)
Old 07-03-2017, 04:55 AM
GGG
Received 16,796 Likes on 12,166 Posts

Originally Posted by Namo
Thanks for your response. I solved this about a week ago. Turned out it was my fuel pump failing.
There are several possible causes of this issue. Pleased to hear you found the right one on your vehicle.

I've added 'RESOLVED' to your thread title.

Graham