Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Anyone have DTC codes? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/anyone-have-dtc-codes-7066/)

The World Tour 07-09-2008 03:22 PM

Anyone have DTC codes?

Does anyone have alist of DTC codes and their meaning?

(Note: Not P codes eg: DTC 5992, DTC A477, DTC E511)

Thanks

H20boy 07-09-2008 06:16 PM

RE: Anyone have DTC codes?

Sorry, but i only have access to B (body), C (chassis), P (powertrain) or U codes (network).

I can't find any of the above codes that even go up into the 5000s, or start with an A or E. Odd you would be getting them. On your X-type?

The World Tour 07-09-2008 07:32 PM

I’m getting them when I put the trip computer in TEST mode (Step 14 – Diagnostic Trouble Code).

Thermo 07-09-2008 07:41 PM

World, first, all DTC codes consist of 5 characters. You have a letter first and then 4 digits. Secondly, all DTC codes start with either B (Body), C (Chassis), P (powertrain), or U (Network). So, unless you are access another one of the computers and pulling codes from that, the codes that you list are not listed. I have searched the internet, my JTIS CD and a few other sources to see if I could come up with something that would work.

It may be possible that you read the codes for say the powertrain computer or for one of the other computers inside the car. But, those are not codes for the engine. To ask a silly question, what plug did you tap into in order to get the codes? Also, knowing the year and make of the car can help get you slightly better codes as each year some codes change by being added/deleted from a car.

Chris "Thermo" Coleman

The World Tour 07-09-2008 08:18 PM

I’m getting the codes from putting the Odometer computer in TEST mode (Hold down the trip while you start the car).
2004 X-Type
Thanks

bojangles 07-10-2008 12:02 AM

just hold the button... nothing more?

The World Tour 07-10-2008 03:30 PM

Hold the trip button in and then start the car. TEST will show on the trip computer and you can step through the self test.

billbjork 01-08-2012 01:26 PM

vac leak

03 X type 2.5 138k.. Can someone clue me in so I don't tear it all down needlessly.I'll be checking in Mon. AM
tripping P0171 & P0174 codes rough ldle( missing) on cold start, smooths out at operating temp.
I have checked and tested__ All vac lines, the "o" rings Upper have been replaced, PVC hose was replaced. AND vacuum Brake booster holds vacuum. BUT at first start when cold first time braking the peddle is hard & brakes slow after that they are normal. NO ABS cels or codes. It(the cel)will come back after warm-up only at a stop lite at idle but brakes are not affected, only at first start-up. I know it"s a vac leak but i"m missing somthing. It can sit over night and still have vac. in the brake booster when you pull off the line @ the booster itself(check valve is working):icon_bunny:this is me point me in the right direction

Thermo 01-08-2012 03:57 PM

Bill, because of getting both the P0171 and P0174 codes, the vacuum leak is upstream of the throttlebody. Odds are, you need to clean your mass air flow sensor. That is nothing more than a $5 can of MAF sensor cleaner, remove 2 screws holding the MAF sensor in place (just to the left of the battery box on the side of the intake), squirting some cleaner down the hole (just don't spray it straight down, bounce it off the walls), drain out the cleaner and reinstall. Reset the codes and all should be good for you.

reyesl 01-09-2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by The World Tour (Post 61247)
Hold the trip button in and then start the car. TEST will show on the trip computer and you can step through the self test.

Does this apply to other models?:confused: