X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confession of a first time Jag owner.....

Old 01-28-2014, 11:31 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Confession of a first time Jag owner.....

I am a First time Jag owner and I am in love.I have had her for 8 months now. I know she is called the baby Jag as well as the entry level jag but she was well kept with all service records and mint inside and out with only 59,000 miles. I came into some money and paid cash for my 2006 Jaguar xtype. she is a black with chrome package and has a 3.0, AWD, navigation fully loaded! She runs like a dream, she screams through the snow and foul weather, handles like a dream on the back country roads and looks brand new. Like any woman, she has her quirks but overall and absolute dream to own. I have never owned a car of this caliber and I am looking forward to completely upgrading the navigation as well as putting some classy new rims to truly make her my own. I have been so silly about her that my fiancé busts my ***** about it! I have even given her the name "lady Victoria"
I was just wondering, am I'm being silly or are any of you enjoying Your Cat as much as i do?
Just a little tipsy sipping scotch and having some fun.....cheers

The following users liked this post:
Stuart Beattie (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 12:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 536 Likes on 415 Posts

Nothing wrong with loving your Jag.....
Welcome aboard! You'll find this to be a fun and friendly group. Dig in, poke around, and ask lots of questions.

If someone's post is helpful, please thank them using the "thanks" button.

If you have good information on a problem, please share it.

Post some pictures of your car when you can.

Xtype steve (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL I've been on this site about six months now. I've posted several questions and this is just one of many, but thank you again anyway.

Stuart Beattie (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 323 Posts

nothing wrong with enjoying a new car. It snowed here today again and my new toy is now sitting in the garage for the last two weeks. I am left with sitting in it when I come home from work and wiping things down that really do not need to be wiped down .... my wife is laughing at the new mistress ....

Xtype steve (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Hi Steve,

Spread the gospel! The X Type is a Fabulous car and she's very much part of me!!

As far as the jaguar breed goes, I really don't know of any other manufacturer that can boast of so many owners who admit to living the Perfect Dream!

The emancipation of total incarceration and capture of enraptured beauty and charm within this CAR knows no boundaries!

In so many ways I am delighted in the extreme when I hear of the UNKNOWING spouting negative drivel about MY vehicle when I am absolutely driven and compelled to pity them as I know for sure that this car will hold and captivate my pure and utter essence for a long time, forever I think!!

I appreciate your words Steve, for you are one of the knowing in this world and I raise my glass, hang on ... is this the fine scotch talking?

I alas, think not, however another won't do any damage!

Cheers to a refined world, a replenished glass and the X Type, Fascination unsurmounted, and enchantment everlasting and the permanent fixed stupid smile on my face after a jolly good run! ****

I truly cannot say in words the true feeling I get from My jaguar X-Type as she is beyond perfection, she gags Grace and she gives me the space, time and clarity to understand what exactly personifies true and utter enjoyment!

But I am trying....... I could not be happy without any other car, I fear....
Regards and i know how you feel.... it's good! Stu

Xtype steve (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 164 Posts

X type is a nice compact all rounder . Not perfect, but, problems are easy to diagnose & dont cost a fortune to fix. Added bonus is 4x4.

Xtype steve (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

You are not alone; you are just discovering what most of us here have already decided; the X is one of the most under-rated little gadabouts in history. Still brings a smile to my face every time I get in it.

The following 3 users liked this post by Robert Scott Neilly:
Justicejamesb (01-29-2014), Stuart Beattie (01-29-2014), Xtype steve (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Received 528 Likes on 427 Posts

My first Jaguar was an old XJ - only had it for a few months but I got the Jaguar bug.. I moved onto my x-type almost two years ago now and to be honest cannot imagine driving anything else (except maybe moving up from the 'classic' model I currently have) at worst case when tired, bad weather I don't fully appreciate it but fully trust it.. and at best absolutely love it when it is sparkly shiny clean, and stands out so much from the crowd.. I have never lost it in a multi-storey car park unlike other manufacturers cars.. and yes even the 2.5 has the Jaguar sound, and from 4000 rpm up goes incredibly well from gear to gear.. where my XJ was a superb cruiser, the X-Type more than matches it by being fun, grippy, standing out from the crowd and above all being a Jaguar..
OK, that's my penneth :-)

The following 2 users liked this post by SteveSheldon:
Stuart Beattie (01-29-2014), Xtype steve (01-29-2014)