Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 X-Type archive (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/details-win7-64-bit-new-install-method-new-jtis21-x-type-archive-66034/)

jimlombardi 01-05-2012 05:49 AM

Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 X-Type archive

5 Attachment(s)
Hi
The Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 X-Type archive are listed here in this thread.

Now here are the details:

There is now a new install PDF file “Installing DA350.dll in Win7 64 bit ver 1.1” PDF file.

This file has step by step instructions and screenshots.

There are really only 4 steps in getting the software installed using this method:
Run Microsoft Help software file - 32 bit for 64 bit OS - Windows6.1-KB91760 - - this prepares the PC to handle 32 bit help files (using "run as administrator" option)

Put the DAO350.dll file into the correct folder, then register the DAO350.dll (using “run as administrator” option)

Run XP-Fix file – that is included in the Special Edited version archives or can be downloaded separately (using “run as administrator” option)

Run the setup.exe file in the JTIS21 folder to install the JTIS21 software (using “run as administrator” option)

That’s it – all done

Now here is the why and where information:

I started a new thread “JTIS21 Win7 64 install method & new archives” in the general tech section post #1:

JTIS21 win7 64 install method & new archives

I am repeating the same information here in this thread (and also in the other appropriate Jaguar model sections).

Well – Here is the initial information:

We finally have a way to install the JTIS21 Jaguar Shop manual on all the Win7 64 bit computers without having to install vitual machines or xp mode.

This is how it was accomplished:

By Plums furnishing the right technical information and advice on how to get it working properly

By yours truly finding the required files and putting them in proper locations (later doing the 1st successful install on my Win7 64 bit pro laptop) then writing the instructions and inserting the screen shots that are now in the install PDF file, also successfull install on Win7 64 bit Home premium desktop

By Translator furnishing other technical advice on improving the instructions and doing the 2nd & 3rd successful installs on other win7 64 bit computers

Translator has added all these files to the general tech help – Large Files download area.

Find the entry line in the Translator posting “JTIS21 CD download with instructions” within the thread (has this weblink embedded

Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire

Here the screen shot of the folders and files for the JTIS21 on the large files download area in the mediafire.com:

Attachment 167440

I created separate Special Edited versions of the JTIS21 by Jaguar model series as shown in the screenshot above.

Folder “JTIS 21” has the four folders listed below it. Also has the Win7 64 bit JTIS21 install instructions PDF file (Installing DA350.dll in Win7 64 bit ver 1.1); the JTIS21 instructions and illustrations PDF file; and the Mediafire download & Extract instructions PDF file.

Folder “JTIS21 All Parts” has the entire JTIS21 archive – the 3 self extract archive files total 481 megs – also the technical guides archive and
the CD disk label image file.

The Special Edited JTIS21 archives by model series have the Win 64 bit Install PDF file and the 64 bit files included in them.

Folder “S Type JTIS” is a special edited JTIS archive – it has 2 self extract archive files that total 277 megs – only has the Jaguar S Type model shop repair information (The X type, XJ series and XK series have been removed).

Folder “X Type JTIS” also is SE JTIS archive with 2 files self extracting in the archive (311 megs) - only X Type is included, other models have been removed. Update Note - I updated this archive (now includes the xpfix.exe as of 10:00am EST 1/6/12). If you are missing the xpfix.exe file, you can download xpfix.exe using the link below for my account on mediafire.com

Folder “XJ Series JTIS” same type of SE JTIS archive – 2 files (344 megs) only XJ models Series. Update Note -I updated this archive (now includes the xpfix.exe as of 10:00am EST 1/6/12). If you are missing the xpfix.exe file, you can download xpfix.exe using the link below for my account on mediafire.com

Folder “XK Series JTIS” same type of SE JTIS archive – 2 files (287 megs) only XK models Series

The reason these archives are still pretty large is that the graphic files in the DATA/GRAPHIC folder total 225 megs (just over 13000 files).

All these JTIS archives are also available on my personal mediafire.com account – here are the weblinks

S Type

X Type

XJ Series
http://www.mediafire.com/?gbpriw5milokh

XK Series
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmorw1escearp

Win7 64 bit instructions and required files (Win7 issues)

http://www.mediafire.com/?987a1qjb2aal7

JTIS21 All Parts (JTIS 21 Downloads)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3297awvo3atgw#jdp9189p88ie8

Here are screenshots showing the JTIS21 X-Type Special Edited version:

First Screen that opens

Attachment 167441

Next Screen after Service selection (X-Type and Model year 2004 selected) Normal screen with a picture of the Car and the graphical choices (General Information, Powertrain, etc)

Attachment 167442

Here is the Screen after using view menu and the Text Navigator option. It shows listing index with the Chassis and its sub categories listed.

Attachment 167443

The top menu bar – DTC Summaries, Maintenace Schedules – all work properly and it will let you view all the Jaguar model series and model years that are in the normal full JTIS21. The Electrical Diagrams for the other model series have been removed to reduce the size of the download archives and save the disk space on your PC.

Here is what happens if you try to use Service selection for anything other than X-Type (in this case XJ Range)

Attachment 167444

I am sure there will questions and I will be the point person for all the support issues

Sorry - this post is so lengthy

Jim Lombardi

bulkmail07 01-05-2012 05:19 PM

Jim, Thank you for info. One question - I installed Windows7 32bit version for hardware compatibility reasons. Do you know will these files and installation work on the 32bit version?

Thank you,
John Mathey

bulkmail07 01-05-2012 06:11 PM

Jim, I went ahead and installed your files for X-Type on my Windows7 32bit op sys. All worked well. Just thought you would like this feedback. As advertized, I did have to download/install WinHlp32 to get help to work, but that was relatively painless also.

Thank you so much for your work making this available to the members.

John Mathey/bulkmail07

jimlombardi 01-05-2012 07:20 PM

xpfix.exe missing from the JTIS21 X-Type archive

Hi
Update: I updated this archive (now includes the xpfix.exe as of 10:00am EST 1/6/12). If you are missing the xpfix.exe file, you can download xpfix.exe using the link below for my account on mediafire.com

I just noticed that the xpfix.exe file is not in the JTIS21 X-Type archive , also it is not in the JTIS21 XJ archive.

you can download it using the link below for my account on mediafire.com, I will be fixing the archive to include it as soon as possible.

I also added this notice highlighted in red on post #1.

Jim Lombardi

jonesy1974xtype 01-22-2012 09:22 AM

WINDOWS 32 Bit installation

jimlobardi and bulkmail07 THANKS VERY MUCH AWESOME.

Just to clarify Bulkmail07's post

Follow the instructions in pdf 'Installing DAO350.dll in win7 64 bit v1.1'

However omit installing 'MS Help software update -x64' as it is not required.

On page 6 on the Pdf 'Installing DAO350.dll in win7 64 bit v1.1' it states

Download DA350.dll (you have to use this 32 bit file because there is no 64 bit file is available) –
Save downloaded file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO (use the "save as" option)

Instead on 32 bit systems save the dll to

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO

And on page 9 in order to register the dll on a 64 bit system it instructs you to

Open command line and run as administrator and copy and paste the following line

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO\dao350.dll"

Use this line instead for 32 bit windows 7

C:\Windows\System\regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO\dao350.dll"

then install JTIS as administrator and hey presto.

Thanks guys.

:icon_banana:

jimlombardi 01-23-2012 06:55 AM

Hi jonesy1974xtype

Well the new install method was created to address the win7 64 bit operating system (which seem to be what is the most common OS system on the new PCs being sold today).
I am glad that bulkmail07 was resourceful and was able to use it on his win7 32 bit system by making the necessary adjustments to where to put dao350.dll and to change the cmd line information.

I am not sure why the mshelp file was not needed. The xp_fx.exe may have put in the necessary files into the win7 32 operating system.

Also, thank you for providing the details on what to modify in the win7 32 bit operating system.

Jim lombardi

tonyvisone 01-23-2012 11:47 AM

has anybody got this to work on vista 64bit?

jimlombardi 01-23-2012 01:21 PM

hi tonyvisone
I do not see any reason it would not be any different than the win7 64 bit install.
Looks like windows vista 64 also has a Program Files (x86) folder.

Try following the instructions for windows 7 64 bit install. If you have any issues when installing it, then send me a PM and giving me any detailed error messages. I will work with you to get them resolved.

Jim Lombardi

jonesy1974xtype 01-24-2012 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by jimlombardi (Post 458877)
hi tonyvisone
I do not see any reason it would not be any different than the win7 64 bit install.
Looks like windows vista 64 also has a Program Files (x86) folder.

Try following the instructions for windows 7 64 bit install. If you have any issues when installing it, then send me a PM and giving me any detailed error messages. I will work with you to get them resolved.

Jim Lombardi

The normal 'Program Files' folder on the 64bit system is for 64 bit software
The extra 'Program Files (x86)' folder on the 64bit system is for 32 bit software (such as the JTIS program)
A system which is 32bit only has the one Program Files folder.

jimlombardi 01-27-2012 09:10 PM

Additional Screenshots and help with install procedures

Hi
I just posted this information in the XK & XKR 1996-2006 section.

Note: the instructions & screenshots in XK sticky tread - post #9 are for the special edited versions - X Type, S Type, XJ, XK.

I will start another new thread for the all models archive - to show where the final destination location of the JTIS files and folders should be placed.

Look at post# 9 - here is the weblink to the thread:

Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 XK series archive

I decided that this is a better way to distribute the information instead of putting all the instructions and screenshots in all the sticky threads.

Jim Lombardi

jimlombardi 01-28-2012 12:08 PM

JTIS21 all models additional info & screenshots update

Hi
I started this new post because it is important to have the JTIS21 files and folders placed in the same final destination folder location.

Note: these instructions & screenshots for the JTIS21 all models (not the special edited versions for individual model achive downloads).

This will make the install process more standardized and leads to better/easier support resolutions to any future issues that may come up.

Here is some more documentation on the install process for the JTIS21 all models (versus the documentation for the special edited versions by model).

I just posted this information in the general tech help sticky JTIS21 win7 64 bit install thread.
Note: the instructions & screenshots in general tech help sticky tread - post #13 are for the all model version download achives (not for the special edited achives for the individual X Type, S Type, XJ, XK).

See the rest of these instructions in post 13 in the this other thread:

Jim Lombardi

jimlombardi 02-04-2012 09:25 AM

New posting dao350.dll taking ownship of DAO folder

Hi
I just put a new post in the sticky thread JTIS21 win7 64 install method & new archives on the General Tech Help section of the forum.

Some of forum members are having a problem with adding the dao350.dll into the DAO folder.

The new post gives step by step instructions and screenshots on how to take ownship of the DAO folder.

This then allows you to add the dao350.dll file into the DAO folder.

Here is the weblink to the new posting (look at post# 15):

Jim Lombardi

yvonnetorres 01-27-2013 07:28 PM

Download

DA350.dll (you have to use this 32 bit file because there is no 64 bit file available)
I tried to download from link and it says invalid or deleted

http://www.mediafire.com/?7 bpxg5wrw7zn3z5

jimlombardi 01-27-2013 07:46 PM

yvonnetorres
From your last post about the dao350.dll download tells me that you want to download the dll file.
Here is another website where you use to download it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gil2sz0gmu6w6mp/dao350.dll

Create a new folder in the C drive called DAO (C:\DAO) and copy the dao350.dll into it.
Now register the dao350.dll use the cmd.exe instructions from the install PDF file, except you will replace the registration lines with the following:
Copy and paste the next line

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe "C:\DAO\dao350.dll
Tip: place mouse pointer before first character of line, then hold down shift key and place mouse pointer after last character at end of line,
then right click to bring up menu and click on copy.

Now on command screen, place mouse pointer after C:\Windows\system32>
then right click to bring up menu and click on paste
then press the enter key (runs regsvr32.exe file)
the result - the registering of the dao350.dll has succeeded.

Jim Lombardi

jimlombardi 03-15-2013 03:46 PM

I put the JTIS archive files up on my dropbox account. I have had no problems with the downloads on the dropbox.com site.

When the dropbox webpage opens, just click on the download button and use the run option on the popup.

Here are the weblinks to the all models (JTIS21) archives files.

Part1.exe is 190 mb (195313 kb)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvdg6rsl63...CD.part1.exe?m

Part2.rar is 190 mb (195313 kb)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwx4uch8m9...CD.part2.rar?m

Part3.rar is 58.9 mb (60318 kb)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk49mq38ch...CD.part3.rar?m

Jim Lombardi

UKnFor-dluv-expat 04-29-2013 02:55 PM

This worked fine thanks! I like all xrefs this is a great manual. I tried the instuctions from the happyplummer, and became a very mad and frustrated carpenter! Nature of the beast though hey plummer?

I got a trojan and hijacked by various online junk. I suggest emailing lombardi for the correct files and it was very safe and simple

thanks you

M9G 06-29-2013 04:53 PM

hi thanks for this, got it installed and it runs but if i click on DTC's and choose Pxxxx it says PDF file cannot be found

Any ideas?

jimlombardi 06-29-2013 10:46 PM

Hi M9G
Sounds like the jjtis.ini file contents does not have the correct data path in it.

I changed my jjtis.ini file on my pc it point to the X-Type JTIS data files from the X-Type JTIS download archive.

Look at this JPEG file I created that has screen shots of the JTIS X-Type loading the DTC screens:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgketfcuel...ini%20file.jpg
Click on image when the dropbox.com webpage opens to maxiumize image and to get a better view.

and opening the DTC - Pxxxx and its submenu ODB and EODB,

Then opening the EODB menu and selecting the Powertrain 2.0L from VIn C59261,

This opened the PDF file in Acrobat Reader -
C:\JTIS21 X_Type\DATA\DTCEN\400EOBD2.PDF

The JJTIS.ini is located in your User name directory
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\J JTIS.INI
(substitute Users\User with Users\ what ever is your computer user name).

Here is partial contents of the JJTIS/ini file pointing the X-Type JTIS data files:

[File]
StartFile=C:\JTIS21 X_Type\data\startup.txt
DataPath=C:\JTIS21 X_Type\data
DTCStartFile=DTCStart.PDF
Whatsnew=C:\JTIS21 X_Type\data\whatsnew.sgm

Jim Lombardi

M9G 06-30-2013 02:16 AM

Hi thanks for responding

I have checked the ini file and it says exactly what your says

it all directs to C:\JTIS21 X_TYPE folder

The JTIS21 X_TYPE folder is in C:\

All the pdf files are in the data folder

Only thing i can see is the DTCStartFile=DTCStart.PDF . I cant see in the ini file anything directing to the location of the DTCStart.pdf as it is in the DTCEN folder and the previous line in the ini file directs to just the DATA folder. Dont know if this has anything to do with it.

When opening I still get document could not be found?

M9G 06-30-2013 02:27 AM

Just out of interest - when I downloaded the files from mediafire - there was ...

JTIS21 X_Type.part1 and JTIS21 X_Type.part2

Couldnt understand why they have the same files in them?