Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   DSC System Fault (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/dsc-system-fault-5666/)

tseeley 04-22-2008 09:52 AM

DSC System Fault

My daughter has a 2002 x-type 3.0. There is a prompt on the dash - DSC System Fault.
I am unalbe to find that item in the owners manual.
Could anyone advise what thatwarning may be?

bojangles 04-22-2008 08:27 PM

RE: DSC System Fault

well the DSC is the dynamic stabilty control , it has many sensors and apparenlty there is a fault with something.

need to get the code read.. could be any one of many things.

keep in mind that this is also a seconday fault to many other problems on an X type, so might be an abs fault or wheel speed sensing that is the primary cause.

some of the codes can be read by the local parts store.. where are you located?

tseeley 04-23-2008 03:56 PM

RE: DSC System Fault

Thank you , I am located in Upstate NY ( Amsterdam ).

Cory1029 01-21-2014 11:09 PM

Hello did you ever find a solution for your daughters car? i am having the same problem..

Thanks, Cory Nelson

Schwabe 01-22-2014 07:03 AM

I just had a DSC fault fixed in my car, it was a faulty sensor in the steering columns.

Cory1029 01-23-2014 10:29 AM

Did you bring it into the dealer? Also, was it expensive?

Thanks, Cory Nelson

Danny A Fish 01-26-2014 09:09 AM

Just one thought - is the dsc fault message you have reading continuously?

It seems to be one of those messages that gets triggered if there is any problem, temporary or otherwise in the electrical system. I have seen it lots, - my problems have always been related to the electrical charging system (alternator probs) or battery issues. It also seems to get triggered sometimes when starting the car in very cold temps- but disappears once the car warms up.

ptaboy 01-26-2014 08:37 PM

DSC Fault...

Gentlemen,

I too am having the dreaded DSC fault code problem. However, props to Schwabe! I have had an epiphany. Sensor in steering column. Brilliant! Steering wheel is slightly off center, but car steers straight down the road. Perhaps an alignment would correct this fault? … :icon_clapclap:

PTABOY

JagV8 01-27-2014 01:50 AM

I doubt it.

Xtype steve 01-28-2014 07:40 PM

It only happens on extremely cold mornings and if the car hasn't been ran in a day or so. Once it warms up a little and i stop for coffee and shut the car off. when I return and start it then it goes away and all is fine. It's only happened on the coldest of mornings after it snows, so I figure it is just freezing up over night. However, when it does happen the car WILL slide around on you and scare the shit out of you! It's happened twice to me, so I've just learned to look for it before I put the car in drive. Thank you all for your input......

Xtype steve 01-28-2014 07:41 PM

No Cory, I didn't bother since its only happened a few times and seems to over all be fine.

Xtype steve 01-28-2014 07:52 PM

Sorry I was replying to a similar post I have posted and I somehow ended up on your feed. Though, your input was all helpful as well. I apologize for not paying attention and answering your comments. lol

Cory1029 01-29-2014 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Danny A Fish (Post 897992)
Just one thought - is the dsc fault message you have reading continuously?

It seems to be one of those messages that gets triggered if there is any problem, temporary or otherwise in the electrical system. I have seen it lots, - my problems have always been related to the electrical charging system (alternator probs) or battery issues. It also seems to get triggered sometimes when starting the car in very cold temps- but disappears once the car warms up.

Yes, it is always on even in summer time when I bought it. I have replaced the right rear speed sensor but the lights are still on.. My speedometer also glitches... I have to drive it like 3 or 4 blocks before it jumps to the right speed

JagV8 01-29-2014 10:55 AM

I've had a speedo needle that sticks. Quick bash and it unsticks. The DSC fault is commonly a low battery but as an alternative read the codes from its module..

moparcarlton 01-30-2014 02:59 PM

I personally shut it off on my own in the snow here. But then again I'm use to driving older cars so I don't like the car trying to control it self for me :/

Billy L 04-07-2017 06:01 PM

DCS, NO CRUISE AVALABLE, STALLING? THIS SOLVE MY PROBLEM CHEAP. disconect battery, remove trottle body and clean it with THROTTLEBODY CLEANER (try not to ooen the lid too much) clean the conectors with Electrical Cleaner and make sure all contact pins are good. Also clean the Mass Air Flow sensor, replace the air filter. This saved me 600 bucks. Good look.

JagV8 04-08-2017 01:22 AM

After 2+ years it's either fixed or old....

innzane 04-09-2017 04:51 PM

Yet 2 years is near the average repair time for these old Jags. ;)
Or so it seems in the DIY life.

racepit-jags 04-18-2017 05:39 AM

DSC Fault

Hi I have a 2005 3.0v and it too had this fault , till one day my battery run out I replaced the battery and the fault went , I don't use the car that often maybe once a month I found out that as soon as the volts in the battery drops below 12v it sets this fault off check the battery voltage if its not above 12.46 and below 12 the module will throw up this fault

JagV8 04-20-2017 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by innzane (Post 1656187)
Yet 2 years is near the average repair time for these old Jags. ;)
Or so it seems in the DIY life.

What an odd thing to post. Your evidence is what?

Looking at the posts, most people fix things in days.