Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Is every X owner dreaming about XK? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/every-x-owner-dreaming-about-xk-215826/)

car5car 04-01-2019 09:54 AM

Is every X owner dreaming about XK?

?????

Thermo 04-01-2019 10:35 AM

When I was looking to sell my X-Type and move up in the Jaguar line, the XK was the other car that I was considering from the XJ. The F-Type and XF were not in the running and at the time, the F-Pace and XE were not released (not that I would have considered them either). I have driven the XE (XE-S with the supercharged V6), very fun car to drive, but for what it would have cost to get it the way that I want, I could have gotten a very nice used XK/XJ for the same price.

If you want performance and not needing to spend a lot, then the XK is a good answer right now. Can be still gotten with only a few years on the body and still have fairly low miles. I know the one that I was contemplating was an XK-R convertible and it was 3 years old and was listed at $50K.

Steve M 04-01-2019 11:42 AM

No.

max224 04-01-2019 11:48 AM

Kind of did it backwards; owned an XK8 for several years and wanted something that was more practical and wouldn't give me an anxiety attack leaving it in parking lot. Having both addresses different needs/wants.

Alfadude 04-01-2019 11:59 AM

No. Where I live I wanted something with AWD and when I was looking for something different, an XF was too expensive and the XE wasn't out yet, but would also have been too expensive, Ended up with a Mercedes C300. Although I am starting to get the itch for something else and would consider at XE, although am seriously considering an Alfa Guilia or a Maserati Ghibli SQ4. They depreciate quite a bit the first few years after they are new to the point I might get one.

JaguArvid 04-01-2019 12:33 PM

stood next to an xkr today at a parking lot and damn it was sexy, never thought it looked that great on photos but in person it really blew my mind. so yeah, maybe in a few years.. :)

car5car 04-02-2019 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by JaguArvid (Post 2048840)
stood next to an xkr today at a parking lot and damn it was sexy, never thought it looked that great on photos but in person it really blew my mind. so yeah, maybe in a few years.. :)

I got raped by my girlfriend in Mustang convertible, if I had XK, it would happen more often...:D

car5car 04-02-2019 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by JaguArvid (Post 2048840)

I got raped by my girlfriend in Mustang convertible, if I had XK, it would happen more often...:D

Jag4 04-05-2019 10:52 PM

My mechanic swears by them, he even drives one every day. I love em and considering one of the cleaner, low mileage ones out there.

BlownKitty 04-05-2019 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by car5car (Post 2049623)

I hope that it was as good for you as it was for him..

"girlfriend"? I don't judge...

BlownKitty 04-05-2019 11:52 PM

deleted post.

car5car 04-06-2019 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by BlownKitty (Post 2051137)
I hope that it was as good for you as it was for him..

"girlfriend"? I don't judge...

Marijuana is legal in CA, they all smoke there all the time!:icon_dopey:
Now I understand why you use Jaguar for towing!:D:icon_screwy:
How is towing going so far?

Tijoe 04-07-2019 10:54 AM

Its the opposite. I have a XK8 and several S-types, and I dream about purchasing another X-type wagon....