X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full rebuild gasket set?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Full rebuild gasket set?

This might be a question thermo steps in for but I'm not biased to any input at all!

The first time the snow sticks here in Kalamazoo I am starting the tear down for a low compression rebuild and boost over the winter and spring. I've been searching for a while but I can't seem to find a full gasket set for a rebuild on our motors, I'm just finding individual gaskets... I'll go that route if I have to but, from experience in the past, I've always saved money by purchasing a kit as a whole.

I'm also open to performance gaskets and whatnot if anyone knows of any interchangeable performance head gaskets and the such.

I'll be starting a thread for the forced induction process here in a month or so when more parts start arriving! Thanks folks!

Old 11-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Received 183 Likes on 149 Posts
Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Old 11-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by X-TypeMentality
I'll be starting a thread for the forced induction process here in a month or so when more parts start arriving! Thanks folks!
What sort of induction are you thinking about... turbo, supercharger, twin turbo???

Recently I've been reading some of your posts and your thinking and mine (and Justink's) are similar.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Received 7,879 Likes on 4,763 Posts

I hope you have a manual gearbox (or want to install) because I don't know how much you can 'put through' a JATCO JF506E.

The transfer case is another consideration.

They might be considered 'weak-links' in the drivetrain.

Just thinking out loud.

bob gauff

Old 11-27-2015, 08:03 PM

Yeah yeah yeah we all know about the weak links haha don't rub the expense it's going to take to combat the issues in my face! Haha

I am in fact doing a manual gearbox it is much stronger and there is quite a bit of aftermarket support for the mtx75, I think it is...

I am running a t3/t4 style, single turbo set up (at first) intercooled and running on a stand alone unit like megasquirt or similar ran to a digital gauge pack because stock gauges won't work at that point. I'm bypassing basically all factory computers and I'm going to basically do a "stripped of everything except drivetrain, shell and 4 safe usable seats" version of an x type. Pretty much a street legal racecar

I'm going with 8.5:1 low compression Diamond Pistons offered by Nautilus along with the K1 Forged connecting rods and all the goodies they offer for our motors. I'm pretty sure I'm doing a 3.0 taurus or sable head swap without vvt because they have stronger components and are more easily ported and tuned. High performance fuel pump and cobra svt or ford lightning injectors.

The transfer case will be handled by a local off road shop and built to withhold as much power as possible. I'm probably going to push it past it's limits and then I think I'm going to fab in a transfer case from a newer taurus sho.

I'm also doing quaife differentials front and rear with big brake upgrades front and rear as well. That's basically going to round out the drivetrain until I have custom stronger axles designed.

I'm doing the mazda front sway bar mod from Justink idea. I don't know if he got that to work or not but with my research, it is basically the same unit... and Hobbs, no I never finalized anything with addco, he just stopped communication out of nowhere. I've emailed him probably a dozen times with no response... But it think I'm going to just have a local machine make me one with 4130 steel and weld in a bung or thread tap into the ends to accept a bigger bolt for the sway bar end link so I can use stronger adjustable end link.

I am also having a company called Michigan Metal Works build a pair of lower front arms with some degree of adjustment at the balljoint slot so I can bring the camber back to spec or better. They claim to be able to make tubular replacement arms for any vehicle... These cars love to eat tires from poor alignment adjusting after lowering so my plan is to make every suspension point adjustable except ride height.

Yes I know money money money. No I didn't win the lottery but I do work hard a save well for what I want. I've been saving for this for almost 3 years now. This should take me about 12 months from tear down to first road test. I'm doing all the work myself with the help of my father except the engine tuning.