Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent horn issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent horn issue

Hey everyone,

Tonight when I got home from work, as normal I set the alarm on my car. About 10 minutes later the horn sounded as if someone was in the car holding the horn, and would not shut off. I unlocked the car via FOB and opened the drivers door. The horn then shut off. I re-locked the car and no sooner shut my house door and the horn went off again, however this time the horn would not shut off until I pulled out the relay from under the hood. All attempts to reinstall the relay made the horn blast.

I came to the forums and read up on the issue, and everything checked out(fuses, switches, no water in the trunk or in any of the plugs, etc.) I used a multi-meter for this as well as visual inspection for water.

After checking the car out, I reinstalled the relay and no horn. I locked the car but did not set the alarm, and the horn has not sounded since. I plan on arming the alarm in a few hours to see if the issue arises again, that is if it does not happen sooner.

The only factors that are different today than any other day, is that it rained this morning pretty heavily. But again, I found no water anywhere inside the boot/trunk, or anywhere it shouldn't be for that matter.

This leads me to believe that it may be the backup battery for the alarm as I have read in other posts, but would like any insight any of you care to share as to what the cause of the issue may be.

Thanks,

Shaun