Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   JAGUAR NUMBER PLATE (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/jaguar-number-plate-1405/)

04-19-2007 12:21 PM

JAGUAR NUMBER PLATE

Just seen this JAGUAR plate for sale on ebay if anyones interested:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...;rd=1&rd=1

aquill1 04-19-2007 12:40 PM

RE: JAGUAR NUMBER PLATE

UK£ 1700.00 = 3393.71 US$ Is this guy serious? Is that how much your plates cost over there Jim and Buck?

04-19-2007 12:43 PM

They must be a lot different in the states. A similar plate with 1 digit different went for £30000+ in the DVLA auction here not too long ago! Now thats crazy!

PS. bear in mind...the pound is at a record high against your dollar!

aquill1 04-19-2007 12:54 PM

That doesn't matter to me, plates here in the US are pennies on a dollar compared to the cost of theirs. I could get a customized plate here saying whatever I want (not discriminatory, bad words....not already in use) for around 130 here in Michigan. I'd have to pay every year to hang on to it but the extra 30 bucks is nowhere near 1700 or 3k in american! I couldn't imagine paying as much for a plate as my insurance and car payments for the year!

04-19-2007 12:57 PM

thats why you all can afford to drive huge fuel drinking cars!

aquill1 04-19-2007 01:01 PM

Regular plates cost near that? I thought it was a joke!!! What does a poor man over there make per hour/ middle class make/ upper class?

04-19-2007 01:07 PM

knock yourself out:
http://www.regtransfers.co.uk

aquill1 04-19-2007 01:12 PM

I found normal plates for 500 euro... I guess thats not too bad compared to 1700! How much do people over your way make an hour though? Plus our tax structures are probably different. Does your govt. pay for the roads with that money or is it going into williams pocket!???

bigdreams05 04-19-2007 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: ebay thief

Do not regret not bidding as you may not get the opportunity to bid on a better JAGUAR plate at such a low starting price with no reserve.

Low price my ass! 30 bucks a year for registration on my car and I'm good to go!

aquill1 04-19-2007 01:37 PM

just for my plates or registration whichever way you want to put it is $186 here in michigan! Thats what i have to pay yearly...

nineball 04-19-2007 01:59 PM

keep in mind the plate system is different over there. once a plate is assigned to a car, it stays with the car forever no matter who owns it. it will never be issued again. just got my personalized plates for $98 in ohio - CHE5HIR (CHESIR was taken)

bigdreams05 04-19-2007 02:33 PM

Dang aquiller! You still pay too much!

aquill1 04-19-2007 09:39 PM

Thats what I'm saying bigdreams. Hey nineball I figured it was different over there somehow. Damainman wouldn't even tell me how much the people make an hour over there. Jim will or perhaps buck will when they get on here. There are always differences. Like in Cali. when someone makes 100K a year yeah that might be alot but I was talking to my grandpa last night and he said gas in northern cali. were over $4 a gallon! Houses there that would go for say 300,000 here go for over a million! I was trying to get the whole story as in what do they do with that money i.e. pay for the roads to be fixed, $/hr...

bigdreams05 04-20-2007 12:40 PM

A two story, 5/5 with two car garage, swimming pool and tennis court here in Bal Harbour, Fl goes for around 8 million bucks. Bal Harbour is a really nice neighborhood so that explains the price, but how much would a house like this go for where you live aquiller?

JimC64 04-20-2007 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 198997

ORIGINAL: aquill1
Thats what I'm saying bigdreams. Hey nineball I figured it was different over there somehow. Damainman wouldn't even tell me how much the people make an hour over there. Jim will or perhaps buck will when they get on here. There are always differences. Like in Cali. when someone makes 100K a year yeah that might be alot but I was talking to my grandpa last night and he said gas in northern cali. were over $4 a gallon! Houses there that would go for say 300,000 here go for over a million! I was trying to get the whole story as in what do they do with that money i.e. pay for the roads to be fixed, $/hr...
Hey Aquill, sorry man, I been AWOL for a while.
Re the plates system.........new cars registered used to be once a year, now twice a year. As stated plates stay with car for the life of the vehicle unless you go for a "cherished plate" or " personal plate"
I was lucky and got my X6 JYM for £500..........my wifes name is Teresa but everyone calls her Tress, so T15 ESS seemed a bargain at £250...........those prices are all in and on the car. You need to pay £80 whenever you want to put the plate onto another vehicle.

Anythin else you wanna know, let me know Big guy.

See ya

Jim

aquill1 04-21-2007 12:14 AM

Hey bigdreams, depending on the area alot less! If it were on lake michigan or something it would still probably only go for half of that! If in a prestigious are like Lake Angelus where everyone that lives there has there u know what shuved up there you know what would be a couple mill.

aquill1 04-21-2007 12:16 AM

Thanks for the info jimmy but you still havn't said what you people over there make on average if you are in the different brackets of living!