X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner - i love my X Type

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner - i love my X Type

So its been a week with my new toy, a 2002 petrol 2.1 manual X Type with black leather and finished in silver.

What a lovely car. It's been very well looked after and feels like a 15 plate. I am amazed at the feel and quality of it. It still feels tight and together despite the 76k miles and 13 years on the road.

I feel very special driving it. I get a lot of comments about it, and i am sure people assume i have come into some money. Lots assume i have spent several thousand pounds on it. It is a beautiful car.

I wanted a practicle saloon as the wife has a nice MX5 Eunos for summer hooning. I do a lot of miles and just could not face a diesel. I was initially looking for a 2.5 AWD but when this one appeared i just knew it was the Jag for me.

It pulls nicely, looks a million dollars, has a nice purr when hustled along, and probably is one of the best cars i have ever owned (and i've had some nice cars).

I cannot believe what you can get for not a huge amount of money. That nice warm feeling of satisfaction whenever i look out into the firms carpark to see my Jaguar shining out amongst the bland white goods (most on lease and boring eurobox shape) is a nice that to experience. And its brought and paid for and all mine.

Maybe next year i will buy a 'weekend warrior' XJ - either an i6 3.2 or a V8 4.0 for some gas gulping fun. But the X Type will stay with me for a long time i hope as it's my first Jag and i am smitten.

So, let me declare here and now "I LOVE MY X TYPE".

Old 12-22-2015, 04:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know the feeling. I have a 2.5 and any excuse to work on her brings a smile to my face.
They are beautiful cars and we all become a bit obsessed with them....