Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Rear parking module (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/rear-parking-module-218564/)

Steve-xtype 06-01-2019 08:54 AM

Rear parking module

Hi, really hoping for a little advice.

My rear parking sensor stopped working, although you can live without it it is nice to have it working. A local garage had a look at the sensors and wiring and in his opinion were ok and suggested replacing the module. The parking sensor prior just did not work, however, now I have replaced it it still doesn't work but now has a continuous warning when I turn the ignition on. This warning, with accompanying engine light warning, goes off after a few seconds. Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Cheers

JagV8 06-01-2019 09:18 AM

That's the module telling you one or more faults are present (e.g. with sensors) so it can't alert you properly and has disabled itself.

Steve-xtype 06-01-2019 09:21 AM

Ok, I presume the module is now working and I need to revisit the sensors. At least it's making a noise. Thanks

motorcarman 06-01-2019 01:45 PM

What DTC(s) are logged in the reverse parking aid module??
The module is on the network and will tell what fault is causing the ERROR-TONE. (or we can all guess)

bob

Steve-xtype 06-01-2019 02:49 PM

Can you guess a bit loader

Steve-xtype 06-01-2019 02:51 PM

Typo... Can we guess louder as I don't have a scooby doo. I'm clearly not a mechanic unless it's as simple as my old mg midget that I had, I could just about cope with that. Cheers

motorcarman 06-01-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Steve-xtype (Post 2078910)
Hi, really hoping for a little advice.

A local garage had a look at the sensors and wiring and in his opinion were ok and suggested replacing the module.

Cheers

The local garage must not have the equipment to read the data in the Park Aid Module?? There are many diagnostic units on the market to read Jaguar modules.
You can start replacing all the components in the circuit until you get it fixed, OR you can read the module to see what circuit the module is faulting.

Some people will NOT take their car to a shop or dealer for diagnosis for any reason and will spend countless hours and replace countless parts until the problem is resolved.

The module already knows what circuit has a fault, but you need to ask the module!! (or throw parts at it until it works)

I have always been a diagnostician but I have worked with dozens of 'parts-changers' over the past 45 years. They get the car fixed but it costs the customer a bunch in parts in the long run!!

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."

Jimmy Page/Robert Plant

Steve-xtype 06-01-2019 05:54 PM

Ok thanks for the advice I will take it for a diagnostic. This is why I joined here. Cheers