Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Side indicator repeater (wing marker) not working (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/side-indicator-repeater-wing-marker-not-working-159404/)

grahamuk33 03-13-2016 05:59 AM

Side indicator repeater (wing marker) not working

I have a side indicator repeater (right-side wing marker) not working, the front and rear indicators work.

I have replaced the blub and indicator repeater (wing marker), this has not fixed the issue.

Are there any modules that control the side indicator repeaters? If so where would it be?

Or is the side indicator repeater hardwired into the front indicator?

iownme 03-13-2016 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by grahamuk33 (Post 1421059)
I have a side indicator repeater (right-side wing marker) not working, the front and rear indicators work.

I have replaced the blub and indicator repeater (wing marker), this has not fixed the issue.

Are there any modules that control the side indicator repeaters? If so where would it be?

Or is the side indicator repeater hardwired into the front indicator?

Its possible that the contacts are corroded and need to be cleaned, in my case the contacts were corroded and i had to replace the assembly, i went with clear glass aftermarket, i think nicer than original.

grahamuk33 03-22-2016 05:05 AM

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Will this be an MOT failure if the repeater is not working?

hlgeorge 03-22-2016 06:35 PM

I am not from UK, but I believe any EOM exterior light not working will fail MOT.

Thermo 03-22-2016 08:28 PM

Graham, the side marker light is wired in parallel with the running light in the high beam (inside bulb of the headlights). So, if that small 5 watt bulb lights, then you know the fuse and the wiring is good. This would lead me back to what IOWNME said and that your problem most likely lies with the bulb base (the piece the bulb mounts into). Before you start getting into this too far and waste a lot of time trying to figure out things, replace that base and see what you have at that point.

If you insist on troubleshooting it, let me know. I will give you step by step on how to rule things out. I just need to know how comfortable you are with using a multimeter. If you aren't, I will give you step by step what you need to do.

hlgeorge 03-23-2016 10:15 PM

Thermo, I believe he is talking about the "repeater light" just forward of the front door. Flashes with the turn signals.

Thermo 03-24-2016 07:36 AM

hlgeorge, thanks, guess i got all my lights mixed up. Granted, the same situation is true though. The turn signal and the turn signal repeater on the side are wired in parallel with each other. So, if the headlight turn signal is working, then the problem is isolated to the wiring between the headlight plug and the repeater.