Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   Sound system "speaker" question... (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/sound-system-speaker-question-114924/)

timetraveler1 04-01-2014 03:37 PM

Sound system "speaker" question...

About 8 months ago I had my dead front and rear right-side main speakers replaced at a local sound shop. Good job, reasonable price, no complaints.

So last week, the front left speaker(in lower door) quit. I took it to the same shop today for replacement. Now sounds great.

BUT... Now the door won't open from the inside until the electric locks are set and reset a couple of times - and even then you've gotta pull on the handle too hard.

MY QUESTION... Did the audio technician have to remove or loosen the interior door panel to change out the speaker? I need to know before I give the shop a call to discuss the issue.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Justink201 04-01-2014 04:47 PM

Yes. They probably just put the handle back together wrong. Sounds kind of like what happened to me when I took my door panels off. I didn't pay enough attention to the passenger front door when I put the panel back on and I couldn't get the door open from the inside. Hopefully they didn't break anything though.

bracester 04-01-2014 08:42 PM

Yes they absolutely put something together wrong or broke a few pins and its now putting excess stress on your inside lever, mine finally snapped costing me $900 due to replacement parts and the fact that I could not get my door open from the inside OR the outside. They had to remove the entire door seal to get into my door to open it...took them two days.

wazrun 04-01-2014 08:49 PM

Do you happen to know the size of the rear speaker in the back?

timetraveler1 04-01-2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by wazrun (Post 945526)

Sorry, no. It should be pretty obvious by now that I know nothing about car audio - or much about cars period, other than what I can understand from reading an owner's manual. :icon_neutral:

bracester 04-02-2014 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by wazrun (Post 945526)

You can double check crutchfield for sizing but I am pretty sure you can fit 6.5s all the way around and espeically in the rears..the fronts you will have to get shallow mounting speakers because of the windows

Yep just confirmed it.

timetraveler1 04-02-2014 10:45 PM

Problem solved!

I did nothing! Today, door works just fine! Go figure... :confused:

bracester 04-02-2014 11:16 PM

Wild....well good to hear! No pun intended...well maybe

timetraveler1 04-03-2014 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by bracester (Post 946339)
Wild....well good to hear! No pun intended...well maybe

Thanks for a good laugh! :D