X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the site and need some help pls

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site and need some help pls

Greetings first and foremost , Im Paolo pls to meet you all .

Recently picked up a 2004 x type with 139 000 kms driving home with It she felt great and rode great ,I did find the brakes to be some what sloppy but nothing and upgrade cant fix .

Ariving home as I parked the car I could here some what of a loud noise coming from under the hood,I stood and listened closely and the sound comes from the rear left side of the hood, Im no mechanic but I am savy and do most of my diy , I plugged In my Inova3100 and came across 2 codes which Ive located here on the site (p1000-p1111 system pass) funny part Is that I never had a check engine light display

Im assuming those codes were priorly stored , Ive read up on what those codes mean and I get some mixed reviews,Some say Its nothing to worry about where other posts say It could be the EGR.

Im at lost , I have no clue what It can be, Any one experince this Issue ?

After shutting the car off and giving her about 15 mins I went back out to restart her , Same Isuue, She makes a loud noise , Kinda sounds like some thing a fan would make, As I give gas I havent noticed the sounds getting louder , Gas consumption seems to be ok.

First time experince and not so much a pleasant one on XMASS eve

If any one can shed some Info on my dilema It would be of great help.

Happy holidays wishing you all a safe and healthy festivis.

Paolo jr.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:36 PM

For got to mention , Shes an aoutomatic and the noise comes from the rear left under the hood.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Paolo, as for the P1000 code, that is simply meaning that someone has recently cleared the memory from the engine computer and it hadn't been driven enough to reach a satisfactory check of all the sensors yet. The P1111 code is the positive statement that all systems are running fine and that all the sensors have passed their checks.

As for your fan noise, are you sure that it isn't coming from the area in the dash to the right of the steering column? There is a small fan that is located there that pulls in a small amount of air to be used by the A/C system. This will run for a few minutes after the car is turned off and it has the small fan sound. If you look to the right of the steering column, you will see a small 2cmx2cm vent there. Behind that is where this fan is located.

The other possibility is that there is a pump that runs for just a few seconds after the car is turned off that occurs under the hood. I forget what it is at the moment. But, this is normal too. It would remind you of a small water pump running. I seem to think that is has something to do with the fuel pressure being bleed off back to the gas tank as I recall. But, this is normal too.

From the sounds of everything, all is good with your car.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Default Concur-No worries

Hey Paolo, I have a 2004 X-Type and it makes the same sounds you are describing. I have not had any problems with it. Also, I agree that the codes you described only indicate that the system has been cleared and/or has tested ok. It sounds like things are good. Unless you are noticing some definite performance problems or are getting some trouble codes that confirm your worries, you should just enjoy your new ride.