X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x type 2.00 diesel fuel pressure sensorl

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 07:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question x type 2.00 diesel fuel pressure sensorl

Hi all new member should have joined earlier. I have just changed a fuell pressure sensor on my 2 litre 2005 x type after reading and listening to advice on how to cure my faults which I will go into next. After changing the sensor the engine will not start and shows glow plug light and engine management light, I changed back to the old one and it starts straight away. The listings for delphi mostly show a part number 55pp03-02 but mine had a 55pp03-01 on it the listing was for a 1500 renault clio? so has mine had a wrong replacement on it at some time. and which is the correct one for this engine??? if this is correct why will it not start with the new one? the car has alway run fine till recently, new faults listed below.

1 lower mpg.
2 Black smoke on acceleration and I mean a lot till it clears.
3 almost like a misfire/juddering when in between accelerating and coasting, it is fine accelerating and decelerating.
4 occasionally the glow plug light comes on when on motorway and I get a loss of power till I switch off and then restart the engine, this is only very ocasional.

The car starts fine runs fine in general lots of power smooth etc.
Sorry for all these details but I thought the more you experts know the better. Thanks in advance by the way I love this car!!
Paul