X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x type . Injector circuit open cly 3. PO 203

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default x type . Injector circuit open cly 3. PO 203

2003 x type 2003 2.5 gas left side driver.
po 203, p 1000. Vin :SAJEA51D63XC90102

I tried to secure the fuel injector electrical connectors. To the fuel injectors with high temp silicone. And a glue gun on the fuel rail connection.

I did buy a used fuel rail harness on line. The connector s are in worse shape then mine. I will return them.
I am considering buying a brand new fuel rail harness. Any recommendations on where to purchase.. And should I have the fuel injectors serviced while I am waiting. I would probably send them to injector rx in Houston.

But I do not want to create another issue. I have never removed a fuel injector before. And advice or comments. Great forum, Thank you

Old 05-20-2017, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Removing the fuel injectors is pretty straight forward wrenching. You remove the lower manifold to the work bench after disconnecting all of the electrical, supply and return connections.
For a quality used harness get in touch with DrDome a forum member. He parts out X-Types. Text or call 484-903-4813 and let him know avern1 from the forum recommend you contact him.

The following users liked this post:
bbzee (05-20-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Update to my prior post.
I spoke a Jg dealer in Langley B.C. They suggested using zip ties. To secure the electrical connector to the fuel injector. But the high temp silicon, is working good. The glue glue secures well, but it will be really hard to dismantle. The silicone holds and is easy to remove. A bit messy although. I was not comfortable with putting a zip tye next to my fuel injector mounting clip. Vibration over time may cause a problem. Anyway the car is running a lot better. The idle dropped from 1000 to 680 to 800 range. And it is not missing, and pretty normal power. But at slower speeds still not smooth, or 100%. but a lot better. Problem is want it to really purr smoothly throughout the whole range.

I still have the same fuel pressure code as before. po 203. Here are the other values from the Innova code reader. Some I am note sure what they are. If you do please let me know what you think.
Fuel pressure is 483 kpa. Other info from hand held. Calc land 53.3/ect 'c 85
LtFt B1 % 8.5. Left B2 % 10. map spa 98
IAt c' 66 Tps 7.4
Any comments. ??

So I purchased some Chevron, techrolen. fuel system cleaner and filled her up with top tier premium Shell gas.
I plan on driving her. And see if the fuel injectors clean up over time.
If not them I will look at having my fuel injectors serviced. Or replaced. Rock auto has Gb oem fuel injectors at a good price. About same as having them cleaned. That is with a core charge Of $18 for the original fuel injectors is factored in. My wife had the fuel filter replaced recently. So I should be good there. If we do have to go into the fuel injectors.
Any thoughts on our plan of actions. Or info on code reader descriptions. Thanks BBZee

Thanks