Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   X-Type ( X400 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/)
-   -   X Type - Touch Screen Dead (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/x-type-touch-screen-dead-219034/)

norb 06-12-2019 06:14 AM

X Type - Touch Screen Dead

Hi there, I have a Jaguar X Type SD (2007). After pressing the software update button on the screen thinking of fixing the navigation system which wasn't working, the LCD screen went dead. I have tried various procedures as per other posts including reset but the screen still blank (black) and all the commands buttons around the screen are not responding anymore, hot air blows at maximum as you turn the ignition in parking mode. Until screen was working in the diag tools the error showing was pertinent to the DVD which makes sense as why the Navigation software wasn't loading and I remember always an error that a valid navigation DVD wasn't been loaded. When testing the DVD in my computer the content is read with no issue but in the DVD Reader in the boot was always coming up with the error. Basically the computer seem bricked. My question is, if I simply replace the DVD reader, is there any chance that it will revive the computer and LCD Screen or this will need to be reprogrammed by an advanced Jaguar service center anyway? So far I took the car to a couple of services advising they do Jaguars and they said they could not do it.

Dell Gailey 06-12-2019 02:39 PM

Search "blank navigation screen" in this forum. The answer is on the last page(s). Morons pushing the s/w button without knowing what it is (oh what's this? I'll push it and see what it does. Can't hurt anything and it's in a hidden menu area. Can't be a reason for that) have posted over 150,000+ times before they finally locked the thread.

If that answer does not fix the problem, your NAV reader is toast.

Spikepaga 06-12-2019 03:46 PM

Get a unit with Apple car play, back up camera and all the rest of the current offerings and never look back
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jag...47ecb5433.jpeg

norb 06-13-2019 08:44 AM

Hi mate, I am a bit confused by your response, you saying "if that answer does not fix your issue, your NAV reader is toast" ok but if I understand well the answer in that post is to actually replace the nav dvd reader (if this is what you meant by nav reader).
So am I looking at your response correctly or you meant another solution in that thread? The other solution widely advised in that post and others I found is to burn that loader.kwi file onto a DVD, is perhaps this the solution you are referring too as otherwise why would you say "your nav reader is toast"? capish my confusion here?
Thanks again.

norb 06-13-2019 08:45 AM

It looks nice but I dont think it suites me really as I am not an apple fan, beside...where would all the buttons (climate, temp and others) would go after removing the original unit in favour of this one?

Spikepaga 06-13-2019 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by norb (Post 2084379)
It looks nice but I dont think it suites me really as I am not an apple fan, beside...where would all the buttons (climate, temp and others) would go after removing the original unit in favour of this one?

There are some that mirror the androids.

but I guess since your system is the premium version, you can’t really change it ....I just realized that

norb 06-13-2019 09:44 AM

One question please, is this file compatible across various models of Jaguars? mine is a X Type 2007 Model, would this work with my car?
Also I have seen other comments mentioning of burning this on a Dual Layer DVD, is this necessary since the file is only few MB's?

Dell Gailey 06-13-2019 02:48 PM

Yeah toast is dvd reader is dead. IF YOU ACTUALLY READ the blank nav screen thread, it tells you, yes old map versions you burned a ,kwi to fix it. Towards the end of the thread, and reposted numerous times, it says the "program" files on map versions in the late stages (last was 2012) are integrated into the nav map disk. You eject it, have ignition on, reinsert and wait for it to load. This takes a while.

That's why patience in FULLY reading threads curtails the innumerable times people ask the same question. i.e. 150,000+ posts before they locked the thread.

Don B 06-15-2019 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by norb (Post 2084402)
One question please, is this file compatible across various models of Jaguars? mine is a X Type 2007 Model, would this work with my car?
Also I have seen other comments mentioning of burning this on a Dual Layer DVD, is this necessary since the file is only few MB's?

Hi norb,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums! It's great to have you with us.

I moved your most recent post from an irrelevant thread in the X350 forum to this thread assuming this was where you wanted it to go. If it was, in fact, a different thread you intended to post to, just let me know and I'll move it again.

In the meantime, please visit the New Member Area - Intro a MUST and post a required introduction so we can learn something about you and your Jaguar and give you a proper welcome.

Cheers,

Don