Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XE ( X760 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/)
-   -   "Delay" when accelerating from stop (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/delay-when-accelerating-stop-218965/)

dveltre 06-10-2019 04:43 PM

"Delay" when accelerating from stop

I have a 2017 XE Prestige model. It always had a slight hesitation when I accelerated from a stopped position, even if the engine was still idling. If anyone else has experienced this issue and found a solution, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dennis

BruceTheQuail 06-10-2019 08:50 PM

Which engine? I find the 2 litre petrols a bit surgey which is either turbo lag or transmission lag, I tend to think the latter. Usually with Jag transmissions you start with the car in second, if you really hit the hammer it will kick back to first and you get a slight lag from that.

Try putting it into dynamic, which sharpens up the gear changes a bit.

oldpunk 06-11-2019 06:41 PM

I think I've heard this referred to as "turbo lag", but I could be thinking about something else

BritCars 06-11-2019 07:11 PM

Go and have the PCM updated. Powertrain control module. The Land Rovers have had a lot of trouble with this in 2017/18. Maybe on the jags too although I've not heard it discussed much. Finally resolved by a PCM update at Land Rover

dveltre 06-17-2019 06:32 PM

Thank You

I will discuss it with Jaguar service when it is due for its checkup.

BruceTheQuail 06-18-2019 12:29 AM

did you notice a difference in dynamic?

KingFala 07-24-2020 12:11 PM

Hope this isn’t repetitive, I seem to have lost my post on this topic. I see that the last entry was back in 2019, but I didn’t see that there’s been a solution, albeit, several interesting suggestions.

Since there’s always a “but” – here’s mine. I heve the same problem, but no solution from the Service Department. Our car is a recently acquired CPO, 2017 XJL Portfolio, SC V-6, with 2 years remaining on the original warranty and an additional 2 years on the CPO.

Early this month (July 2020), I took it to the dealer with a few things needing attention and the “delay” issue was paramount. The technician checked the codes and determined that it needed a software update of the PCM/TCM. After which a diagnostic test showed no faults. He also checked the drive train to be sure there was no mechanical issues.

Problem was, it still wasn’t fixed! I returned the vehicle back to the dealer the following week. Took a test drive with the technician, got some agreement that the delay and noise was still prevalent, but didn’t have an answer. After some discussion about possibilities, I agreed to take the car back, to see if the issue might eventually be solved by the new software. As of now, that hasn’t happened.

Obviously, I’m looking for anyone who’d experienced this problem and had it successfully repaired.

THANX, in advance.