Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XE ( X760 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/)
-   -   Grinding sound while turning (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/grinding-sound-while-turning-216810/)

Ashish Aggarwal 04-23-2019 06:12 PM

Grinding sound while turning

Hi Guys, I am completely new in here and this is my first post. I just bought a used(only 20,000 KM) Jaguar XE 35t AWD supercharged. I have noticed while turning my jag on slow speed while parking or making a U turn it gives rattling and grinding sound from the front tires. I gave the car to dealer to have a checkup. He checked thoroughly and didn't found any issue. Then he gave the car to Jaguar for diagnosis and after a day Jaguar told him everything is normal and this grinding sound is the usual thing with 19' tires and supercharged engine. I still can't believe this is true as it sounds and hurts so much when I turn or park my car and it gives that noise.
Any suggestions on this thing or anyone having the same issue?

AZBob 04-23-2019 07:12 PM

I don't know why a grinding sound would be "normal." I don't have it but mine is RWD, if that makes a difference.

Ashish Aggarwal 04-23-2019 07:28 PM

That's the same thing I am thinking.
Grinding sound should not be normal. And it's not even minimal. Dealer called me today and informed me about this. He said Jaguar gonna give this in writing that this noise is normal. It's so weird.

keith100 04-23-2019 09:52 PM

Welcome.

I have a 35T AWD with 19 inch all season tires and I don't get odd sounds when turning.
Seems ludicrous that JLR would design a steering system that made grinding sounds.
A worn steering rack will make a hissing sound. Collapsed motor mounts can cause vibration on a slow turn. The XE has weird mounts with known problems on some cars in the UK. Any abnormal wear on the front tires?

Why not ask your dealer to let you try another 35T, for comparison?
Which division of JLR is going to provide this letter?

HTH

booklaw1 04-23-2019 10:12 PM

I also have a 2017 35t all wheel drive XE, with stock 19” Pirelli Cinturato tires, and I do not hear any grinding sound when turning.

GGG 04-24-2019 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ashish Aggarwal (Post 2059748)
Hi Guys, I am completely new in here and this is my first post. .....

Welcome to the forums Ashish Aggarwal,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your XE. I've twice had different loaner XE's from my Jaguar Dealer in the last year and heard no unusual noises when turning. Indeed, I would have been very surprised if there had been as that is certainly not "normal" for any Jaguar.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Ashish Aggarwal 07-16-2019 01:22 PM

Hey Guys, i forgot to post in here.
Jaguar repaired my car as there was some part that needed replacement.
They replaced it for free as it was under warranty.
Thanks all for your help

AJ16er 07-16-2019 05:14 PM

Good to hear that you got it sorted out.

keith100 07-16-2019 06:16 PM

Thanks for getting back. Glad it worked out ok