Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   XE ( X760 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/)
-   -   Incontrol remote app won’t remote start anymore. (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xe-x760-85/incontrol-remote-app-won%92t-remote-start-anymore-193000/)

chuckyjag2017 11-28-2017 09:00 PM

Incontrol remote app won’t remote start anymore.

Greetings everyone.

Having issues using the Incontrol remote app to start my car. Purchased a CPO XE 3 weeks ago, installed the Incontrol remote app on my iPhone 8 Plus, and the remote start function worked prefectly.

This weekend, I installed a small powered subwoofer, disconnecting the positive wire from the car battery to do the install. While the subwoofer works great, I now get an error message on the Incontrol app stating that remote start failed due to my windows being open. The app itself indicates that the windows are closed. I have signed out/signed in, uninstalled/ reinstalled the app back on my phone and still get the windows are open error. Anyone else experiencing something similar and have been able to get the remote start function to work again?

Charlie

pajeff02 11-24-2018 07:14 AM

I tried to remote start my car a few days ago and received the same error message. My driver window was down less than 1/8" when I went out to the car. I had vented after driving through "skunk fog" on our road and must not have kept my finger on the window switch long enough. Must be that the smallest amount of down travel will trip the safety for remote starting the car. Assuming your windows are all fully up, maybe a sensor issue? Run all the windows down and then back up to see if the problem remedies itself.

keith100 11-27-2018 06:59 AM

My incontrol stopped recording trips and the car's location, a few days ago. Signing in and out didn't help, but rebooting the phone got it to work again.

waynelondon 04-01-2019 06:15 AM

I did think that not checked if the service light is on within the car.? Was wondering about resetting it someone also said could be short journeys.

01svtL 04-01-2019 04:47 PM

Having no other way to remote start your car other than an app on a cell phone is the dumbest "innovation" I've seen come out of the car industry in a while. It's so annoying. It would be fine if that was a secondary option, but for it to be the ONLY option is just dumb. Plain and simple.

craigger 04-05-2019 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by 01svtL (Post 2048957)
Having no other way to remote start your car other than an app on a cell phone is the dumbest "innovation" I've seen come out of the car industry in a while. It's so annoying. It would be fine if that was a secondary option, but for it to be the ONLY option is just dumb. Plain and simple.

Not the only way to start the vehicle, but when working, a fantastic daily routine.

01svtL 04-07-2019 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by craigger (Post 2051126)
Not the only way to start the vehicle, but when working, a fantastic daily routine.

So what’s the other way to remote start it?

Prange 04-08-2019 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by 01svtL (Post 2048957)

I agree. That old, stupid "push the button on the remote fob" is so outdated. :)

You know, the tech that works every time.

Prange 04-08-2019 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by keith100 (Post 1993759)
My incontrol stopped recording trips and the car's location, a few days ago. Signing in and out didn't help, but rebooting the phone got it to work again.

Did Jaguar use Lucas, (aka: God of Darkness) to design the nocontrol app?

01svtL 04-08-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Prange (Post 2052109)
I agree. That old, stupid "push the button on the remote fob" is so outdated. :)

You know, the tech that works every time.

Exactly. I can understand having both options, but to only have the app version is ridiculous. I can often get to my car and start it myself before the app gets going, log back in, reload, it checks to make sure the doors are locked etc before it finally connects and starts the car. Or, with that “outdated” tech, I could decide it’s time to go, pick my key up and hit a start button, stick the fob in my pocket, and it’ll be ready to go, revs dropped to normal idle and all, 20 seconds later when I get in the car without having to navigate a phone app because it’s not like the app opens directly to the function anyway.

glenn b 12-22-2019 01:42 PM

There are 2 different levels of the app. The Incontrol remote only allows you to see your trips and only updates when the car is driven. The Incontrol remote premium has this plus the beep and flash, remote start and is supposed to contact the car each time you launch the app. In the uk after 3 years the subscription for the basic version is £36 per year. The pro version is over £200. However for some reason if you didn't have the pro version when the car was new you can't have it at renewal.

hratzlaff 02-10-2020 11:24 AM

Wow, you mean the remote start app is suppose to remote start your car. It happened for me a few times, but I was beginning to think that was a malfunction. Most of the time it has network issues. "Beep" seems to be little more reliable. I have a 2017 XE AWD 20D Prestige and I am really enjoying it with 2 big exceptions:
  • Remote start App "never" works. Don't even try anymore, unless at the dealership when requesting service.
  • Speedometer is slow by 3-4 mph. At 30 mph that's getting close to 10% off. Very annoying to have a GPS speed app open to know how fast you are travelling.
There are several companies out there that make after market remote starts that use multiple fob key strokes to activate on factory fob. Maybe then will hear our plight and offer a real solutions.